[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the Pale Moon dev officially declared allegiance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 1503783357380.png (88KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1503783357380.png
88KB, 256x256px
So now that the Pale Moon dev officially declared allegiance to advertiser botnets, what is a good replacement driving like Firefox <=27 or Presto Opera? Vivaldi certainly seems nice, but their slow Javascript interface is a turnoff.
>>
>>62106998
Vivaldi is chinese botnet now.
The front runners left to us are Ice Cat and Water Fox.
>>
File: RcAhC6Ag.png (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
RcAhC6Ag.png
55KB, 512x512px
Waterfox is cool and the developer says that he refuses to get involved in politics period. He's pretty alright.
>>
>>62106998
>blocks stupid extension that keeps alive the ads market
>declared allegiance to advertiser botnet
what
>>
>>62107750
It's only a build of vanilla firefox though, so only webextensions and a chrome-like UI.
>>
>>62107813
Dev has said that he refuses to integrate Soros' "fake news" censor bot, and that Waterfox is going to maintain full compatibility with legacy add-ons. It's the most practical option imo.
>>
>>62106998
>So now that the Pale Moon dev officially declared allegiance to advertiser botnets?
>>
>>62107926
It's the principle of the matter. He blacklisted an add-on because he personally didn't like it. You don't want your browser to be developed by a moralfag
>>
>>62107964
Maybe next he will blacklist websites that he feels unfairly criticizes him.
>>
>>62108031
Like firefox in the future
>>
>>62107964
Link?
>>
>>62108480
https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16504
>>
>>62108503
Thanks. Just found it myself. Off to read it...
>>
Firefox Nightly.
And I'm really not kidding. Firefox has never been this good.
>>
>>62107800
it fucks ad statistics, why would advertisers want it?
>>
File: did you hear that.jpg (130KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
did you hear that.jpg
130KB, 640x718px
>>62108532
>SocJusFox
>>
>>62108503
Huh. Dropped.
>>
>>62108548
Nobody gives a fuck what advertisers want. If they want me to turn off ublock, they can stop serving malware. And browser developers shouldn't tell you what you can and can't do with their browser.

Waterfox is the best choice at the moment given that the developer is only interested in politics if they impact your ability to use his browser. IceCat and other free software options can work too. Just don't go for botnet Chromium or Sorosfox.
>>
>>62107881
Since when does /g/ hate a generous philanthropist like Soros?
>>
File: he hates it.jpg (309KB, 897x1019px) Image search: [Google]
he hates it.jpg
309KB, 897x1019px
>>62108604
>waterfox and icecat both have the godawful chrome UI
>>
>>62108634
Are you retarded? Install Classic Theme Restorer.
>>
>not using lynx
Plebs
>>
>>62108620
>>
>>62108634
Addons dummy
>>
File: hKX9nm.jpg (45KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
hKX9nm.jpg
45KB, 1600x899px
>>62108800
>>62108842
Wow, thanks.
>>
>>62108853
Try WaterFox. Soon more shit will be compatible with it than Firefox.
>>
>>62108853
That's odd. Works on the latest stable Firefox and Waterfox.
>>
How do you people manage to easily switch between profiles? Chrome has an easy ass system of simply click a drop down menu and select a profile on the go. With these firefox forks all I can do is use the goddamn profile manager, and its just shit. There has to be an easier way, right?
>>
>>62107881
There won't be any Soros censor bot in Firefox. Soros isn't involved period, and the "censor bot", if they ever do that, is going to be a separate project. I dislike Soros and """fact"""checkers too, but there is no need to spread falsehoods because it only serves to prove them right.

As for legacy extensions, it's a nice endeavor, but I have my doubts he's going to be able to maintain them.
>>
>>62108853
>duckduckgo
>adblock
are you trolling us?
>>
>Trusting SJW run programs

Get in here faggots
>>62089516
Let's make the web great again.
>>
>>62108532
Firefox should anyway no longer being used.

Mozilla turned Firefox from a customizable browser for geeks into another Google Chrome conformity embracing anti-unique SJW ware.

Going only for users who support the lowest common denominator and only for users who embrace the radical left side of political views.

Mozilla is a racist fascist NAZI team!

Fucking cocksuckers which should all be removed from earth by force.

Cunts!
>>
>>62108532
About Mozilla...

Embracing lowest common denominator fanatics on the quest to destroy all what makes a software different from the rest.

*irony on*
After all, we all are humans, there should not be any difference in any kind of way. All must be stupid, simple - so the most non-skilled user must be able to feel comfortable in his safe technology space without being humiliated by some check-box or general function he/she is unable to understand or in the worst case would be able to humiliate that user as it is not running in line with a not leftist/progressive way. While the software developer takes the chance to limit their software as it is a "trademark you are not allowed to touch or modify in a massive way"
*irony off*

All while embracing anti free speech fanatics and decide that only left propaganda is the real truth. Mozilla are seriously fascist-flavored developers today. Running behind their role-model pimp-daddy Google and embracing whatever they spit out..
>>
IceCat
>>
jesus fucking christ what is all of you bitching about how extensions will dissapear
theyre not shoving the updates up your fucking ass like MS does and you can toggle that shit to never even check in settings
does the fact that SJWs overtaken new FF versions declare that all previous ones are SJW ridden too?
>>
File: 1503406798659.jpg (22KB, 236x291px) Image search: [Google]
1503406798659.jpg
22KB, 236x291px
>>62108853
>icecat 38
w-where did you get this?
Isn't the latest version 45 like here https://github.com/gdriggs/icecat-win64 ?
>>
Who the fuck cares? I don't even use that extension.
Pale Moon still masterrace
>>
>>62111955
it's /g/'s meme extension at the moment. tho i don't use both palemong and adnausea.

i have switched to WaterFox recently. Works like a charm.
>>
Aint there any options besides firefox/firefox forks and chrome/chrome forks?

Even though you fags cry pale moon, watermeme, icefuck, brave, whatever, its basically still chrome vs ff
>>
>>62108800
Which won't work after version 57.
>>
>>62106998
Just enable it back in config
>>
>>62112768
but then what nonissue would he bitch on 4chan about>
>>
(((malware)))
(((vulnerability)))

PS: vivaldi is proprietary
>>
File: goolag.adsense.png (120KB, 819x490px)
goolag.adsense.png
120KB, 819x490px
>>62107800
t. palememe furry
>>
NIGHTLY MASTER RACE

dirty palefurry peasants
>>
>>62109290
run firefox from a launcher or command line
firefox -P "profilename"
>>
>>62112829
You have to go back.
>>
>>62107750
>comes with a meme "save the trees" default search engine
>it actually works well
Based
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.