[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pros and Cons of using Windows 7 in 2017+

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: sddefault.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
- Why are you still running Windows 7?

- What will you do when 2020 comes and the extended support dies?

- Are you planning to migrate to 8.1/10, macOS or a GNU/Linux distro before the EOL date arrives?

- If you're using a new version of Windows, what are the things you miss the most from 7 and what are the features/capabilities that keep you from going back to it?
>>
>>62106024
I'm using Windows 7 because I don't want to use Winblows 10
>>
Its not the fucking end of the world if you use it after the extended support date. Im still gonna use windows 7 no matter what.
>>
>>62106024
Because VNs only werks on Windows 7. And Wine sucks ass. I mean they can't even play Powerpoint games. How useless.
>>
>>62106024
Harden your router.

Stop installing cracks and pirated shit.

Windows 7 will work great for another 10 years.

Chances are MS will cave and extend W7 support as it gets near EoL and businesses still refuse to convert to the abomination that is W10 Home and "Pro".
>>
>>62106024
With mobile market completely dominated by Google and Apple, Microsoft can only start to lose ground in desktop market share as time goes by thanks to normalfags getting used to locked down flavor of linux.
>>
>>62106965
this
>still use xp on a netbook, fight me faggots
>>
>>62106024
>- What will you do when 2020 comes and the extended support dies?

I'll keep using it, not like it'll stop working in 2020. Common Sense is the best antivirus.
>>
>>62106024
Newer Windows systems offer nothing I want, and act in ways, out of the box, that I do not want to deal with.
I will continue to use Windows 7 after 2020 as a VM using GPU passthrough and use Linux as my main.
>>
File: 1448284295697s.jpg (3KB, 125x115px) Image search: [Google]
1448284295697s.jpg
3KB, 125x115px
>>62106024
>Why are you still running Windows 7?

Because 10 is cancer and no amount of /g/eddit shilling is going to change my mind on that. I will not run 50 fixes every update when Windows 7 behaves fine out of the fucking box. May as well switch to Linux at this point.

>What will you do when 2020 comes and the extended support dies?

Biting the bullet with 10 LTSB or using Linux with Windows VMs through IOMMU on demand.

>Are you planning to migrate to 8.1/10, macOS or a GNU/Linux distro before the EOL date arrives?

Maybe, since I will very likely build a new system before 2020 and not use Win7 on a <1 year remaining lifespan.

>If you're using a new version of Windows, what are the things you miss the most from 7 and what are the features/capabilities that keep you from going back to it?

1. Working comfortable out of the box without any (major) tweaking

2. The UI, including Aero Glass
>>
>because I tried Win10 for six months and it was shit, so I went back
>depends whether 10 is still shit
>Not really, it won't magically become less secure overnight; but newly discovered security issues won't be patched
>>
>>62106024

Five Bing Points have been deposited onto your Microsoft account Mister Muhammad
>>
>>62107188
to have a good copy of XP again
>>
File: 1503799550778.gif (3MB, 320x182px) Image search: [Google]
1503799550778.gif
3MB, 320x182px
>>62106024
>botnet advertisement from a lolifag
>>
Why does /g/ suddenly hate Windows 7?
>>
>>62109273
It's just shills and retards.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.