[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't Change Details of MP3 Files

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1487894317886.jpg (34KB, 205x245px) Image search: [Google]
1487894317886.jpg
34KB, 205x245px
For some reason I am no longer able to edit the properties of any mp3 files on my pc
I tried the stupid questions thread
None of them are read only, I tried a system check, I've tried resetting the default player to wmp
All to no avail, the details section in properties is just unresponsive

Does anybody know what to do?
>>
check security settings of the files, if on windows then fyi microsoft uses inheritance of permissions, i.e. might as well enable your user to edit, modify and write to the folder instead of individual files
>>
>>62105841
Use mp3tag
>>
>>62105865
tried that too
I have full control apparently but still nothing

>>62105879
I don't want to use anything like that, I should just be able to do it in explorer
>>
>>62105925
>user has full permissions

then the files are locked, youre fucked son, try creating a copy of the file under a new folder with inherited permissions, i think the OS would set you as the owner then

>or you could just add a byte to each file which would mean it's a brand new file and thus you'd have full permission
>that should take about 5 lines of code if you batch it
>>
>>62105967
>files are locked
what's caused it though?
>>
>>62106010
I think you're using windows so check any recent updates, something may have gone/parsed your files (antivirus?) and locked them as a side effect. Whatever locked them perhaps didn't unlock them once it was done doing whatever it was doing.

Maybe the antivirus?

Read file >> lock it >> analyze contents >> negative/positive result >>move to next file

and then it never actually unlocked it?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.