[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

electrical advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1155.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1155.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
can you solve this conundrum /g/?

Ive bought an old AT server case as a project for a modern gaming pc build and it had some extra features
from its time.

Ive created a wiring diagram I've drawn up in hopes that I can get some input if it will work.

The plan is this
>flip toggle switch
>insert key and turn key
>press power button to turn on pc

From what i understand and tested is that you can't directly use a toggle switch to turn on a computer. so my question is
does this wiring constitute as functioning power button? If my wiring is correct the circuit should be completed when all the switches are activated and would only provide momentary power just to turn it on.

Ive already figured out the wiring for the leds on the bulgin switch so thats not a problem.
>>
You probably should go to /diy/
/g/ is just a consumer war board
>>
Why not just directly connect power to the power button?
>>
>>62099381

replace the switch with a momentary switch of the same size and type
>>
>>62099727
Really old PCs used an on/off flip switch. New PCs use a simple on/off button which simply shorts a connection to signal the PSU to turn on when it's pushed in.
>>
File: Untitled.png (6KB, 835x416px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6KB, 835x416px
>>62099828
You're trying to make use of the toggle switch and the key mechanism I guess?

Switches don't have positive or negative terminals you place them in series with the positive lead before the thing you want to toggle on/off.

This seems to be what you want.
>>
>>62099941
thanks for the help, greatly appreciated
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.