[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides a beginner learning the syntax. What else is their to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: DeadRingersTouchOfGrey.jpg (16KB, 199x337px) Image search: [Google]
DeadRingersTouchOfGrey.jpg
16KB, 199x337px
Besides a beginner learning the syntax. What else is their to learn besides algorithms and data structures. Also how do I strengthen my problem solving skills? Anything else a beginner programmer needs to know? I really want to learn C++ but I've decided to start with C#. I've been on it for 2 weeks now and really enjoying it. I want to eventually learn other languages too but I'm focusing on learning the languages I need to be employed first. One day I'll be on linux but not yet gang. Please no elitism, just enlightenment.
>>
:(
>>
You bastards can't help?
>>
>>62091876
>What else is their to learn besides algorithms and data structures
Computer architecture, and Software engineering principles possibly.
Math too depending on what you want to do
>>
>>62091876
Go to websites like spoj, do everything. Write a solution for literally every single problem they give you. It will suck and you're going to dread most of them but you'll git gud.
>>
>>62091876
Why you learn C# if you want to learn C++?
>>
>>62093796
C++ is hard and it's insane to make it your first language. I have interests in C# as well and I read it's not bad for a first language and doesn't coddle like python. So the transition will be ok. It could be better but I have no interest in C or D.
>>
File: 1481312879672.png (549KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481312879672.png
549KB, 1920x1080px
>>62093711
>math depending what you want to do
What requires "intermediate" and advanced algebra? I want a job, I want to make atleast one game, mobile or desktop apps and take on programming challenges. One day make my own language or text editor.
>>
>>62093757
Thanks. If you got more resources please share.
>>
>>62093996
Hmm... I don't know why everybody says that, but my first language is C++. If you learn slowly, everything goes well.
Here's good resources to improve your skills:

projecteuler.net
>Project Euler is a series of challenging mathematical/computer programming problems that will require more than just mathematical insights to solve

codingame.com
stackoverflow.com (Q&A)
You can also read source code of open source software.
Ask for a review of your code: codereview.stackexchange.com
>>
File: 444.jpg (72KB, 1022x597px) Image search: [Google]
444.jpg
72KB, 1022x597px
>>62091876
in the same boat as you, but I'm learning C++ outright. from what I hear it makes more sense to just learn the language you want to use.

I've just been using yt tutorial series.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.