[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wouldn't you want to use Visual Studio for C++ development?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1503695723845.jpg (73KB, 750x545px) Image search: [Google]
1503695723845.jpg
73KB, 750x545px
Having an argument with other grad students, I need meme amunition that doesn't involve bloat/telemetry to convince them that glorious GNU/Linux is superior.

>pic unrelated
>>
Visual Studio makes you a lazy and bad programmer because it does half the job for you without you needing to understand anything
>>
>>62088791
same can be said about IntelliJ or even Eclipse.
and probably a lot of more IDES

notepad without syntax highlighting is the only way!

Also
VS != M$ only systems. VS exists in some versions for Macs and Linux distros.
>>
>>62088874
Asshurt wintard detected.
>>
>>62088769
it literally broke from one day to the other
fuck microsofts pajeet developers
since i have been using sublime i literally never had any problems
>>
>>62088969
oh boo hoo
at least try to justify what VS does bad.

I can start,
clunky import of new files via GUI. The fastest way is to edit cmake
integration with MS's source control works well for enterprises, where you can shit out a lot of useless data, but it's not needed for single user (also integration with git, sucks big balls imho)
I could go on all day long.

After that I could start bitching about eclipse
>>
>>62088769
>it's not vim
>implying you need more ammo than that
Who the fuck makes it to graduate school with VS as their preferred tool for C++? Even the curries I knew at UCSD were using vim.
>>
>>62088769
>Why wouldn't you want to use Visual Studio for C++ development?
if you're a NEET/loonix freetard
>>
File: 1479981732611.png (17KB, 684x342px) Image search: [Google]
1479981732611.png
17KB, 684x342px
>>62088769
>Why wouldn't you want to use Visual Studio for C++ development?
FUCKING TELEMETRY INTO THE FUCKING COMPILER
>>
>>62088769
Let's see
>Hidden spyware in the compiler
>Slow and clunky
>Can't use CMake
>Full of bugs, can't even parse some of the latest C++17 language constructs
>Can't tell the difference between a main.c and a main.C file, thus some C++ projects will crash your IDE and compiler
>Inferior compiler, produces slow and bloated binary with spyware built in without your awareness
>Vendor specific garbage that needs 6GB to get a C++ workspace going
The list goes on.

I have been using Qtcreator in my work and I can recompile my whole project before MSVS finishes loading it.
>>
>>62089151
My professor has used VS all his life and has never developed for Linux
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.