[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AdNauseam is killing the Evil Google!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 20

File: 1481111711032.jpg (163KB, 600x454px) Image search: [Google]
1481111711032.jpg
163KB, 600x454px
Yes, it's fucking working /g/ents! Google is issuing refunds to advertisers because of fake traffic and fake clicks.

>Google Issuing Refunds to Advertisers Over Fake Traffic, Plans New Safeguard
>Some advertisers question level of refunds, want more details about fraudulent traffic

>In the past few weeks, Google has informed hundreds of marketers and ad agency partners about the issue with invalid traffic, known in the industry as “ad fraud.” The ads were bought using the company’s DoubleClick Bid Manager over the course of a few months this year, primarily in the second quarter.

If you haven't already, install AdNauseam. It's a fork of uBlock Origin and it does everything that uBO does PLUS it sends fake clicks to advertisers and trackers and it confuses them and it fucks the people who pay for ads. The net effect is that advertising is becoming less and less profitable and people who pay for this shit are losing fate in the system.

https://github.com/dhowe/AdNauseam

This is the only way to kill Evil Google.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/google-issuing-refunds-to-advertisers-over-fake-traffic-plans-new-safeguard-1503675395
>>
I told you about those fake clicks. Google's revenue relies on the trust of advertisers. Break the trust with masses of fake data and google's networth plummets.
>>
>>62086124
>I told you about those fake clicks. Google's revenue relies on the trust of advertisers. Break the trust with masses of fake data and google's networth plummets.
Fully agreed. Destroy the trust and you've destroyed evil adtech.

Also, can we have some de-googling options for email, mobile apps etc?
>>
>>62086094
Installed
I thought this was never going to work but if they are making public articles on it then it must be working
>>
Is there a single piece of evidence connecting adnauseam with this?
>>
I can't really see a difference compared to Ublock other than false hopes and dreams. If it comes down to it, Google has money to spare build a mechanism to detect AdNauseam and refuse the clicks made by it.
>>
>>62086182
Protonmail is good for those who don't want to use gmail.
>>
>>62086289
>Protonmail
Someone said it was compromised. True?
>>
>>62086447
This is why I hate this place. All it takes is a single retard repeating shit over and over again and other idiots will believe it.
No, Protonmail is not "compromised." A moron was selling drugs on Reddit and posted his Protonmail address. People reported him and Protonmail suspended his account.
>>
>>62086271
Of course not, its just a /pol/ circlejerk Pavlov effect

>>62086447
No but wtf you're doing with your mail that needs 100% fed proofing?
>>
gotta degoogle my email first before I try this lol, I can see them banning accounts for this
>>
>>62086182
I installed a custom ROM in my phone and left google apps uninstalled, its pretty easy to live without Google. Do a backup and try it
>>
>>62086528
Weren't they massively DDOS'd when they started and then some company from israel contacted and offered them protection and can now potentially intercept all traffic?
>>
>>62086528
Protonmail is hosted in Switzerland. Switzerland and US (NSA) have signed data sharing agreements.
Anything hosted in Switzerland cannot be trusted. Anything hosted in any of the US protectorate countries cannot be trusted.
>>
File: AdNauseam.png (534KB, 1362x666px) Image search: [Google]
AdNauseam.png
534KB, 1362x666px
I've been using AdNauseam for less than two weeks (basically since I first heard about it on /g/) and I've racked up a nice bill for them. Check this shit out.
This is gonna make them bankrupt! Install this shit already!
>>
>>62086271
Not directly, but:

>fake traffic pisses off advertisers
>google is issuing refunds for fake traffic
>this means fake traffic is a problem for google
>AdNauseam creates fake traffic
>hence AdNauseam creates problems for google
>>
>>62086094
>Plans New Safeguard
i hope the adnauseam devs are plotting their next release in anticipation of google making the current version useless
>>
>>62086754
Have fun hosting your mail in Uganda.
>>
>>62086631
if you use a personal encryption key you are the only person who can see your emails. if you skipped that step then protonmail and any of their affiliates can also see your inbox.
>>
>>62086877
>Uganda
Pretty sure Uganda's compromised.
>>
>>62086094
>It's a fork of uBlock Origin and it does everything that uBO does PLUS it sends fake clicks to advertisers and trackers
You say it's the same thing, but if it's sending clicks then surely it's loading/connecting to all of those fucking ads instead of blocking the connections entirely like uBlock normally does? Plus even if it may confuse them, it still allows them to collect your fingerprint data.
>>
>>62086094
This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>mfw internet was subsidized by retards who never installed adblock
>now everyone has adblock
>some are even taking it a step further
>ads are no longer profitable so companies need to shill on online forums to make money
>literally cannot trust anything anymore because there's a 85% chance an indian got paid $0.10 to write the post
>>
>>62086094
It's a matter of time til they sue the creator or some random user to scare the shit out of everyone.
It's not legal to make a company lose profit like this. Keep it safe, just use ublock origin.
>>
>>62086271
Nope. Their shills will claim credit though even though for all we know it could be directly related to some guy using indian web sweat shops to falsely click on shit.
>>
>>62087878
>or some random user
>tfw got sued for clicking a link
thats some new level of freedom
>>
>>62087825
> Not making the internet great again
>>
>>62087878
>It's not legal to make a company lose profit like this.
How so?
>>
>>62087825
Pfff leddit is the worst case you'll see of that, companies literally buy whole subreddits related to their business field and shill their garbage and i'm not even talking about the ones carrying their name. And if the subreddit's mods don't wanna sell out reddit management will just find a way to push them aside.
Same shit is happening here already, /v/ and /tv/ are filled with shills, not to mention /pol/ and all those snake salesmen like alex jones shilling there.
>>
i tried using this a few months ago before it became in vogue with the alt alt alt right crowd
but i don't view enough vapid clickbait websites where it becomes worthwhile
guess they found out how to make it work, good on you /pol/, i guess
>>
>>62087967
it's been that way for years
on all boards what was the focus of discussion (outside of /b/ largely)? Products and services.
>>
>>62087997
Yeah but it wasn't that visible, now Netflix/Amazon shills don't even try to pretend on /tv/.
And you even got chinks shilling their garbage on a fucking thread specialized for it right here on /g/.
>>
Excellent job guys, we knew this would work and this is proof.
>>
>>62088016
How is it being less obvious a good thing? I don't want to be slyly advertised some product. I come here to discuss shit, but I'm not blind to all the advertising that has been going on for years now. It being obvious now just means I can avoid threads faster.
>>
>>62086276
>Google has money to spare build a mechanism to detect AdNauseam and refuse the clicks made by it.
Could you explain how?
>>
>>62086809
whats your click frequency set at? if its high enough google can simply start ignoring your searches.
>>
>>62088067
the sneaky shills are still there, you're just avoiding the low quality ones.
>>
>>62088067
>How is it being less obvious a good thing?
If it's more obvious it means the amount of shills is also higher cause it's become normalized, so what does it matter if you can identify them if you're just talking to shills and their brainwashed minions the whole time.
>>
>ungoogled chromium
how the fuck do I even install this shit?

https://ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/

this is the only thing I can even fucking find and it's nothing.

each link just leads to more links. Is this more command line bullshit? Why can't they just have an INSTALLER

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK LINUX IS SHIT

WHICH KEK WILL DEFEND THIS?
>>
>>62086993
This
I had it installed for maybe a day and it was so painfully slow compared to normal ublock. It still loads all the ads. I applaud you if you use it, but I can't stand loading all that garbage
>>
>>62088126
FAQ
https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/blob/master/FAQ.md

Obviously no instructions for installing this faggot shit.
>>
>>62088138
oh hey tget this,. you have to PREP your system for teh BULL

sudo apt-get install build-essential checkinstall

why cant they make a FILE THAT FUCKING DOES THIS STUPID SHIT WHEN YOU CLICK IT. THEN IT AUTOMATICALLY INSTALLS?

Linux is for pencil dick little fuckers who want to feel like hackers because they install shit.
>>
>>62086094
If they refund clicks, that means they can differentiate between clicks created by this addon and actual clicks.

Google is just going to ignore clicks from people who click everything, especially if they click everything instantly.

Or am I wrong? It seems to me like this extension is worthless now.
>>
>>62088172
Then open Synaptic.

You realise your phone uses a package manager, right? Windows is unique in having the bonkers system of downloading binaries and semi-permanently attaching them to your system while forcing the creators to roll their own update and uninstall programs.

Even Microsoft has finally seen the light and added their own package manager, except they call it an app store to be cool.

FWIW, you actually can download .debs. It's just that nobody would ever choose to do so because it's such an inferior method.
>>
File: C899_qqXUAAS1xl.jpg (227KB, 937x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C899_qqXUAAS1xl.jpg
227KB, 937x1200px
>>62088079
they have your entire browsing history back to 1997 and they know that for the last 20 years you haven't clicked on one single ad. then SUDDENLY you start clicking on all of them

geeee I wonder how
>>
>>62088227
so where is this fucking app store for ungoogled chromium? what the fuck.
>>
>>62088304
The first line of my post already answered that and I'm not going to hold your hand beyond that.
>>
>>62088317
thanks for your help. apparently the default one just doesn't list ungoogled chromium for some reason.

man what a clusterfuck. this has to change for sure.
>>
>>62088195
>Google is just going to ignore clicks from people who click everything, especially if they click everything instantly.
If this is how the extension works then it would not have worked even 10 years ago. Google checked for this stuff back then already to dissuade ad fraud.

A reminder to everyone in this thread: if you have an AdSense account and do this they might close your AdSense account. Once you lose an AdSense account you will never have another one.
>>
>>62088252
suppose you start from a clean freshly made account. how would they be able to tell?
>>
File: 300px-The_master--medium.jpg (15KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
300px-The_master--medium.jpg
15KB, 300x281px
>>62086917
>Pretty sure Uganda's compromised.
One of my late uncles used to be a prince there, his associates contacted me recently and are very nice people, they're so trustworthy that instead of taking his ammased fortune themselves they took the time to find and inform me that it's mine. If this is possible I think Uganda is safe for email.
>>
>>62086094
Does it work on mobile?
>>
>>62086809
How do you get to this page? The chrome:// URL would be best.

t. debugging
>>
I don't understand how this works. Do they not make money from clicks on the ads regardless of origin?
>>
>>62088887
Take into account they're issuing refunds now so even Google isn't making a profit anymore but

Reposting from >>62088764
Not to mention it burns their clicks, if every ignored ad is a 0 and every clicked ad is a -1 then you'd want to click all the ads because the company is still paying for them but not getting any sales, this means in the short term google profits but the company buying the ad space loses their money, if you do this enough they'll check the statistics
>80% of people click this ad but only 2% buy anything, this is not worth paying for
It's a long con.
>>
>>62088227
why don't you just install Pale Moon newfag. It has an installer
>>
>>62086754
So they'll share data which is gibberish because it's encrypted and they have no way of decrypting it.

Wow, much concern.
>>
>>62086754
Source?
>>
Fine, I'll install it.
>>
>>62089009
Doesn't matter if it's true, see >>62088985
>>
>>62086447
if i cant use thudnerbird with itw hat the fuck matters?

you can't use thunderbird with protonmail
>>
File: wise mugu.jpg (31KB, 721x398px) Image search: [Google]
wise mugu.jpg
31KB, 721x398px
>>62088822
YOU BE THE MUGU
I BE THE MASTER
>>
File: 1486628844893.png (805KB, 801x936px) Image search: [Google]
1486628844893.png
805KB, 801x936px
We #MarchOnGoogle nao
>>
File: 2016-Ghana-Movie-Trailer.jpg (30KB, 560x403px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Ghana-Movie-Trailer.jpg
30KB, 560x403px
>>62089086
They make really good movies.
>>
>>62089131
This shit doesn't work.
>>
retard here
how do i install this?
>>
>>62089549
Literally the giant "INSTALL" button on their page.
https://adnauseam.io/
>>
This would be very easy to detect for Google.
>IP x clicks x times per day
>ignore
>>
>>62089131
>people think this does jack shit to ad agencies
>>
>>62087902
You think there are no Indians on /g/?
>>
>>62086094
Fuck yes let me try this again. I tried it months ago but I had to reinstall the addon everytime it needs update.
>>
File: boycott.png (7KB, 318x114px) Image search: [Google]
boycott.png
7KB, 318x114px
>>62086094
>>
>>62088985

fuck off back to 2013 reddit doge memefag
>>
>>62086809
>>$3147.0/$1992.0
$1.5798192771084338
is that really how much advertisers pay per click? jesus, thats horribly expensive
>>
>>62089131
>Sell ad space to advertisers
>charge per click
>make firefox addon that automatically clicks ads
>make image macro that encourages users to fight google by giving them fraudulent ad revenue
this literally just pays google.
You really think they will ever refund 100% of the fraudulent clicks?
No fuggin way im installing this
>>
>>62089131
I visited their website.
Their aim is to protect you from advertisers by obfuscating their tracking data.
security by obfuscation is literally never recommended.
Also, this just gives google a steady stream of fraudulent revenue at the hands of advertisers.
Hate to say it, because its a tough decision, but I would rather money go to advertisers instead google
>protip: Use umatrix and block all ads/3rd party sites completely and there is no moral delima of "should google get money to screw advertisers or should advertisers be left alone to screw google"
>>
File: jewish banker.jpg (16KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
jewish banker.jpg
16KB, 263x192px
>Internet users get angry at ads
>begin blocking ads
>addons such as umatrix and ublock begin to rapidly proliferate
Oy vey! Antisemitism! Were losing ad revenue
>Create addon that 'blocks' ads from reaching users but also rapidly clicks them
>market it as 'fighting advertising'
>market it as 'fighting advertisers'
>The user is no better off than using umatrix or ublock origin
>The only clear winners are the people selling the advertising space (Google, amazon, etc etc..) who receive enough fraudulent advertising money to make up for the money they lose form adblocking, and then some.
Yes Goy, Download Adnauseum! Browse to your hearts content! it will 'protect' you from advertisers and those who support them!
>>
>>62091080
you're a moron. post less kid.
>>
>>62087959
I don't know what would be the english term for it but google lucrum cessans or lucrum interceptum.
>>
>>62091132
no
>>
>>62091132
Adblockers don't cost Google any money. They've already sold the space.
>>
>>62091617
>Adblockers don't cost Google any money
then why did google just refund some money to advertisers because of fradulent clicks if they dont charge advertisers per click?
>>
>>62091630
I don't know. I don't see why Google had to give back any money at all.
>>
>>62091657
maybe because they charge advertisers per click and people have started using software like this shit that repeatedly clicks ads without anyone actually viewing them.

i dunno. just a though
>>
>>62091657
>>62091617
>https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6297?hl=en
hmmm...
>>
Is there a version compatible with Firefox Nightly?
>>
>>62091788
why do you want to give google ad revenue?
>>
File: i-cant.png (1MB, 1270x1603px) Image search: [Google]
i-cant.png
1MB, 1270x1603px
>>62090011
>>
>>62091132
You're an absolute retard
>>
>>62092023
>he enjoys giving google much free ad revenue
>>
>>62088887
I think it pings the link the ad directs the user to but the actual ad isn't loaded so the end user isn't subjected to ads or malware or other unpleasantness in the process.
>>
>>62086094
Wow, fantastic work you autistic morons

Tampering with a product or service for nefarious purposes is by and far legal grounds for a real ass-fucking law.
>>
>>62086094
I just installed it on Yandex Browser.
>>
>>62091033

lol idiot, that's the point. Now Advertisers stop trusting Google and will invest less in Google ads and more in other companies' ads.
Aka Google will lose customers forever
>>
>>62089073
>you can't use thunderbird with protonmail
Is this true or is it another case of >>62086528 ?
>>
>>62087943
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1503377904251.jpg (11KB, 236x253px) Image search: [Google]
1503377904251.jpg
11KB, 236x253px
Fucking kill yourself.
Kill yourself and your shitty shill organization.
Please die in a fire.
You aren't even getting paid.
>lul install this bot that clicks every single ad. it'll confuse the botnet by telling it exactly which websites you visit and how long you're there.
Literally malware.
>>
File: 1500240283556.png (165KB, 366x394px) Image search: [Google]
1500240283556.png
165KB, 366x394px
>>62086094
Nah, I'm not going to take part in your insecurity fuelled /pol/ bullshit.
>>
>>62093636
>/pol/ boogeyman
Every fucking time. Enjoy your dystopia, cocksucker.
>>
>>62093446
it's true, sadly. They are planning to give IMAP in near future, but for now you have to trust their proprietary js browser openpgp implementation.
>>
>>62093690
>dystopia
>doesn't even know what fingerprinting is
>>
>>62088985
lmao do you even know how this shit works? Unless you're end to ending it, it still is in readable plaintext somewhere on their receiving end retard.
>>
I did this but I don't feel it's enough, I've decided to cut out the middleman and just send straight cash to google. If enough people send all their money to them, they will get confused and it will hurt their business operation. Who's with me?
>>
>>62088252
You say this as if it's a bad thing. So they notice that all the data that comes from you is garbage.
What do you think they'll do with your data?
They'll stop storing it. You'll finally be free from the botnet because they can't trust the data that comes from you.
>>
>>62093837
more like they'll spend an afternoon writing a script that detects bogus clickbots and ignores them
>>
>>62093853
So pray tell, how do you filter real clicks from fake ones?
>>
>>62093861
Not him, but >>62089900

Its so fucking easy.
>>
>>62093883
You really haven't thought this through at all. Having google ignoring you is the GOAL.
>>
>>62093861
>So pray tell, how do you filter real clicks from fake ones?
you find the bot algorithm and you filter it out while allowing other clicks through
>>
>>62093890
But they dont ignore you. Just your ad clicks.
>>
>>62093898
Good luck filtering out RNG seeded algorithms. You would have to break /dev/random to correctly find which was fake and which was real. You need to think about this a little more.

>>62093900
Which is why adnauseum should also support faking other client-provided data that google harvests. JS metrics, mostly. Google's JS monitors your browsing session and sends data back to their server based on this.
However, their JS is client side. You can send back whatever the fuck you want. So why not send back garbage?
>>
>>62093923
>breaking /dev/random

OR just detecting mass clicks on a page and filtering them while allowing individual, slow-paced clicks preferably surrounded by relevant search actions like a real person would behave
>>
Okay I installed it now whats the best way and settings to fuck them up?
>>
>>62093946
What? All google sees is a stream of information sent from your browser.
You don't understand how technology works at all. Why are you even here?

>slow paced clicks
What?
Okay imagine someone's shooting you with a machine gun that fires randomly.
Then someone else shoots you with a pistol while the machine gun is shooting at you.
How would you tell which bullet came from which gun?
>>
>>62093970
>All google sees is a stream of information sent from your browser.
yes and that information contains your visited websites, search terms, etc. You really don't understand komputor do you?

>>62093970
>How would you tell which bullet came from which gun?
so what you're saying is, they'll ignore your ip? Doesn't everyone here block cookies and other telemetry anyways?
>>
>>62093819
Here's your (You)
>>
>>62093989
>yes and that information contains your visited websites, search terms, etc.
DOM object model, tard.

>so what you're saying is, they'll ignore your ip?
It doesn't matter if they do or not. If they don't, they get garbage data and it ruins their business.
If they do, you're free from the botnet since they blacklist the information that comes from your client software since it's unreliable.
>>
>>62094006
>If they do, you're free from the botnet since they blacklist the information that comes from your client software since it's unreliable.
so it's literally the same as blocking cookies and tracking
>>
>>62094012
>so it's literally the same as blocking cookies and tracking
No because you can't block tracking, since the fact that you're blocking a part of their tracking is another piece of identifying data.
>>
>>62093970
The slow paced clicks makes sense tho anon, that's how their captcha works (not the nigger calle one). They use presumably JS, I don't understand kamputor, to track your mouse movements and keystrokes before you clicked the "I am not a robot" checkbox.
>>
>>62094024
so at the most they ignore my IP as well as the IPs of the other 17 people using this addon plus several thousand others using closed source clickbots?
>>
>>62094024
>another piece of identifying data.
so they have a piece of data telling them they don't have the other 20 pieces of data. What the fuck do you care
>>
>>62094032
How google captcha works is pretty much a secret. Just check out recaptcha_en.js. It'd take a few weeks and a 5 man team to decipher that garbage.
Most likely though it uses google's own history of you to determine if you're a bot or not. Legacy captcha is most like a 'crowd consensus' type thing. They check what you type against what other people typed- relying on the idea that most people are honest.
But you WANT google to think you're a bot, that's the point. Then they ignore your data, so if you send them your actual browsing habits, they'll ignore it since they think it's coming from a bot 'trying to look like a human'.

Although this will probably ruin google services, at least the ones they can stop you from using.

>>62094063
You want to escape the botnet, not slow it down.

>>62094041
So you only managed to get a couple thousand jews out of germany before 1940?
>>
>>62094106
>So you only managed to get a couple thousand jews out of germany before 1940?
getting a few people out from google tracking seems to be some way off of "taking down Google" as the OP is suggesting
>>
>>62094117
See the first post in this thread. All you need to attack is advertiser confidence. If they see that they get less value from their investments in google because of fake clicks and that there's a chance that the data google gets is faked, then they pay less.
Google's dominance in advertising stems from that they have no competition. They really don't- if you want to advertise online, anything but google is a waste of money, and that's why google is dominant. Reduce google's value and you change this equation.

Of course this relies on a good number of people providing google with fake data, and it honestly probably won't work. But worst case scenario, you have a way to exit the botnet.
>>
>>62093946
>mass clicks
I'm pretty sure it just makes one click per ad.
>>
>>62088359
Pretty sure they can differentiate "normal" behavior from bot behavior. A simple example would be that normal people don't click every single ad.
>>
>>62094246
Telling that 'there is bot activity from this client' is really easy.
what's hard is this situation: You have a client that sends out clicks on ads randomly and pointlessly. If a human were using that client, how would you tell that a specific click on an ad was the human and not the bot? You cannot. Ergo, you have to trash all the data from that client; at least related to ad clicks. And this also makes the other data suspect; if they're faking ad click data, what other google metrics are they faking?

Ad nauseum needs to diversify out and fake all kinds of google metric data, in a random pattern. It needs to send out the signal to google that "You cannot trust any data from this client." In that case, you most likely violate their ToS so be careful as to what google services you were using, but they will have to treat your client as a source of worthless data, and therefore they will not capture nor store your data.
Additionally, it takes additional resources to filter bot data, so you're putting their costs up while making their advertising power lower.
>>
>>62087976
>guess they found out how to make it work

From the publishers github, he's been working on that shit since 2014, maybe longer, I didn't bother looking through.
>>
>>62086094
>inb4 clicking an ad now requres solving a captcha
>>
Will be good until google buys AdNauseam for millions of dollars to get rid of it.
>>
>>62094352
>clicking ads

These fucking captchas need to burn in hell, though.
>>
>>62094352
wouldn't that help kill google more?
>>
>>62094352
>tfw nigger calle every time
>>
>>62094361
Cheaper to have somebody killed to dissuade others
>>
File: 1503549000494.jpg (147KB, 1080x1085px) Image search: [Google]
1503549000494.jpg
147KB, 1080x1085px
So... What are some websites loaded with ads for testing this shit? I've noticed the easiest way to rack up ad money is to just google things and let their text ads get clicks. I'm disappointed that some news sites actually made their websites more tolerable.
>>
>>62086094
I think you missed the

>Plans New Safeguard

part. You managed to get enough people to do this that Google actually started caring. Now they'll just block it and move on.
>>
>>62094287
>If a human were using that client, how would you tell that a specific click on an ad was the human and not the bot? You cannot.
That's what everyone said about AI and Go a year ago.
>>
>>62094439
timeout.com
>>
INSTALL CHROMEEEE

>but muh botnet
stfu autistic faggots
you gentards dont rule the world and proprietary soft is what gives people jobs
>but muh monopoly
who even gives a shit?
its too much of a hassle to use something other than google search

even youtube is comfy af
>but but im a penguin geek reeeeee
nice job having no games loser

gg cry more fags
>>
>>62086528
>A moron was selling drugs on Reddit and posted his Protonmail address. People reported him and Protonmail suspended his account.

In other words it's compromised.
>>
How do I configure AdNauseam to only fuck with Google's statistics? I want to give other ad company's an advantage to Google but if it fucks with everyone equally I don't see how it's useful.
>>
>>62086556
Finances.

Seriously, why is the "only bad people have something to hide" meme so popular? I need to start asking for cc info whenever someone says that.
>>
>>62088252
>>62088359
>>62093837
>there are people on /g/ that own a Google account
Wow.
>>
>>62087959
Because jews make the laws.
>>
>>62093970
>/k/ analogies
>>
>>62088359
>>62094841
they don't need you to have a gooogle account in order for them to track you. they have cookies, they have your screen resolution, they have your browser details, they have your IP

INB4 ip changes all the time, yes it does, but if they have one cookie, they will know it's you and they will be able to connect the old history with your present ip.
>>
>>62093600
check'd and underrated.
>>
kek

adsense is literally infested with click fraud from huge botnets targeting most of industry verticals

now even regular users are making thing worse

truth is only one you are hurting are advertisers

publishers and google are still profiting from click fraud
>>
>>62086094
>If you haven't already, install AdNauseam. It's a fork of uBlock Origin and it does everything that uBO does PLUS it sends fake clicks to advertisers and trackers and it confuses them and it fucks the people who pay for ads. The net effect is that advertising is becoming less and less profitable and people who pay for this shit are losing fate in the system.
It this even legal?????
>>
>>62095035
Yes, clicking ads is legal, anon.
>>
>>62094545
We're not talking 'heavier than air flight is impossible', we're talking about 'you can't reduce universal entropy'. There are fundamentally not enough bits of data to differentiate the two. There is one though; bit frequency. If there's a slight area in the data where there's more clicks on average than usual, you can probably tell that human activty was in that time window, but which one of the clicks was the human one? There's no way of telling.
>>
>>62094899
It's actually not since machineguns and pistols usually have different ammunition, and as such you would be able to tell the difference through calibre size and muzzle velocity. Even on the same calibre and cartridge, the barrels would have to be the same length. And then you have barrel temperature- the temperature of the barrel will affect the flex and spin of the bullet, as well as barrel wear. The pistol will have different bullet properties.

The analogy assumes that both guns fire bullets that are indistinguishable once in flight.
>>
>>62093600
Hopefully most people using this addon are clueless windows "power users" and will catch some ransomware by loading all the ads.
>>
File: ads.jpg (79KB, 1174x786px) Image search: [Google]
ads.jpg
79KB, 1174x786px
>removed the manifesto
fishy af
into the trash
>>
>>62095556
You don't actually load the ads, you just send get requests and then never process the response.
>>
>>62094652
>gg
gaymur fag detected
>>
So what /g/ approved search sources do we use if this proves a success? I seem to remember someone saying they were working on alternate search methods. What became of that?
>Clicks the google capture box
>>
>>62095882
StartPage, DuckDuckGo, IxQuick
>>
>>62095907
>DuckDuckGo

Tried that. Joke tier.

I thought there was some p2p version someone was working on??
>>
>>62095958
Don't know. I use StartPage, but it is slow as hell, so I use it only for personal searches. For job, I use jewgle. I hate it, but it's fast.
>>
>a couple of hundreds of shitters on a taiwanese cartoon site think they have enough power to destroy a multi-billion dollar company
>>
>>62095882
searx.me
>>
>>62086182
Yandex
>>
>>62096004
gettin' sweaty there, google representative?
>>
ATTENTION
just try ya.ru
you'll like it
>>
>>62096162
>a google shill will make more than you ever will in your pathetic life
>>
>>62091617
You obviously have no idea how digital ads work
>>
>>62086094
So basically all free content will become not-so-free because little ads in the corner hurt your feels?

>current year + 3 (2014+6)
>have to pay for youtube
>basically paying for 5-6 different netflix's

cant wait
>>
>>62096293
Can't wait for normie piracy to return.
>>
>>62093600
Shhh...
Be a good goy and join the click farm
>>
where exactly is the advantage?
>normal ad blocker
Very few clicks so companies question value. P&G just cut $140 mil in digital advertising and saw no impact to sales. Others are following.
>adnauseam
Fake clicks (at least temporarily) increase google's revenue. Somehow thinks google can't filter out fraudulent clicks.
Same endgame but you've made google some extra cash along the way.
>>
>>62096466
You're retarded and need to learn to read
>>
>>62086094
This will only bite you in the ass in the long run.
>>
The last time I tried that extension, it didn't seem to block google ads. uBlock origin seems to handle that much better. Did I screw something up or is ad nauseam shit?
>>
>>62096739
let's just crash it all already. doesn't matter if something comes bitting if the teeth are taken out before that.
>>
>>62096970
what we have now is a largely free, as in costs, internet, without ads, every service we currently get for free will go pay.

I support ad blockers because of malicious ads along with data caps, but spoofing shit just to fuck with the ads, that will fuck you over hard.
>>
>>62097016
I value free speech more. Fuck the internet if it's censored and propaganda shit. I downloaded all I need the next 20years already and can live without internet. Hopefully they paywall it all!
>>
>>62090011
But I'm here
>>
I propose a new type of encryption based on PST, pre shared thoughts. Your cipher-text is something that makes you think of something else, the plaintext is the thing the cipher text makes you think of. As long as you've shared this thought with the other person...
>>
>>62094652
>autistic meltdown
>>
Why the fuck would I want an "ad blocker" that loads the ads and clicks on them?
>>
>>62097325
1. it costs money to google because they have to "defraud"
2. cause distrust to advertizers that rely on clicks. "What they use bots? Just how much did I pay for those fake clicks!!!!!"
3. fuck up their databases on tracking and profiling.
>>
now you know all those faggots saying this wouldnt work and it gives ad companies money were shills. probably faggots earning money off google ads.

this shit works, theres a reason google only bans ad nauseum and youtube downloaders from their extensions. ad nauseum is a real threat.
>>
>>62095882
qwant is the best one that isnt duckduckgo
>>
>>62096941
ad nauseum literally uses ublock origin. but ad nauseum asks if you want to allow EFF guideline following ads through, to which you should click no. you probably clicked yes by mistake. also you should disable ublock because adnauseum has it built in.
>>
>>62086094
>>In the past few weeks, Google has informed hundreds of marketers and ad agency partners about the issue with invalid traffic, known in the industry as “ad fraud.”

>clicking ads is now ""fraud""
lmao
>>
>>62086528
What about Andrew Anglin?
>>
>>62097448
You think google is refunding all of the fake clicks?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>62097567
Well if they don't and companies know it, they will consider not paying Goolag for ads at all.
>>
>>62097495
I didn't have uBlock origin installed when I tried it and it didn't ask me any questions.
>>
File: 1501618544019.jpg (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501618544019.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
>Hello goys
>Blocking ads is bad. It's much better to click on all the ads. Here, we've even made a handy extension that will help you consume our advertising
>>
>>62097693
>butthurt "content creator" spreading FUD so no one want damages his jewgle income
>>
>>62086094
>kill
>Google

I don't know man.
>>
>>62086094
Malwares are getting smarter
>>
>>62094808
You need to keep your finances hidden from the government? Are you involved in tax fraud or something?

If state level actors are a part of your threat model you shouldn't be using email, period.
>>
>>62097693
>>62093600
>>62091132
Go away, Google.
>>
Googling CNN now hides the images tab under the More tab
True story. See for yourself.
>>
>>62086628
You can even use use microG, an open source project which basically tricks apps who rely on gapps into thinking you have google play services while not sending any data back to google

And not to mention AdAway which blocks most ads on most aplications even when they're free
>>
File: ohvey.png (36KB, 226x218px) Image search: [Google]
ohvey.png
36KB, 226x218px
>>62097693
Hey goys let's fight ads, clicking in it
>>
>>62097693
>hey goy don't do this effective thing, here I will talk like you lot to convince you not to
>>
>>62098210
It's not the government I'm worried about, dumbass, it's all the OTHER people. I probably shouldn't even be using debit cards anymore, really. That string of numbers is far too easy to copy.
>>
>>62086094
>YT Red becomes mandatory
>You have to pay for facebook
>4chan pass becomes mandatory
>shit goes worse
Congrats, you killed ads.
>>
>>62101320
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>62101337
That could be said if someone's car ran over you, not if you lose free youtube access.
>>
>>62101355
Name one thing on youtube worth watching, that can't move somewhere else since their income already doesn't rely on ads.
>>
>>62101375
AoE2 commentators, twitch isn't enough to feed them
>>
>>62101355
Sorry you'll miss out on your daily pewdiepie fix
>>
>>62101390
I said something worth watching
>>
>>62101394
Don't worry I'll be working on server-side games so you couldn't pirate them.
>>
>>62101402
Go for it, make a game that no-one can play in 10 years.
>>
>>62101408
I'm saying a service that streams a game. You send your input, you get rendering info back. This can also be applied to applications. The program itself resides completely on the server, it's impossible to pirate it. Cloud computing is the future of computing.
>>
>>62101433
Oh you're talking about Onlive.
>>
>>62095579
>you just send get requests and then never process the response
Then how is that ever treated as a click/page view?

Thinking a little further: Wouldn't most browsers' pre-fetch features generate ad-clicks? I mean, those even completely download the resulting website.
>>
>>62101517
>Then how is that ever treated as a click/page view?
Because how the fuck is the server supposed to know that the content it sent you was actually processed?
It sends you a HTTP response with all the garbage in it and if your computer just ignores it they have no-way of knowing this.
Seriously think about this shit for a second, computers aren't magic, they send messages to each other.
>>
>>62101553
>they have no-way of knowing this
Wouldn't they know from not receiving ACKs, i.e. data factually not being transmitted?
Or do you mean the data is simply ignored at application layer?
>>
>>62101693
ACKs are on the TCP layer, anon. I mean ignore it on the application layer- have your network stack receive the data, but instead of feeding it into memory, you feed it into the trash.
>>
>>62101748
That still constitutes "loading the ads".
You actually load them, but never display them.

That's something different than what you claimed.
>>
>>62101892
If it doesn't go into memory then it's never loaded. You could claim that it's loaded into your NIC's RAM, but seriously, the only real contention here is that you never see the advert. If it's necessary to actually receive the response to trick advertising companies then it's a small price to pay.
Yes I'm moving the goalposts, mainly because I'm a different anon to the guy who first put them down.
>>
>>62094945
Until faith in the online ad system fails.
>>
>>62086528
>people on reddit
lol people will believe you too
>>
>>62102514

pale moon dev starting to show his true face
>>
File: lol.jpg (92KB, 1459x979px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
92KB, 1459x979px
LMAO
THE JEWS STRIKE AGAIN
>>
I'm an IT admin for hire and I've put AdNauseam onto over 1400 computers so far.
>>
>>62095439
>There are fundamentally not enough bits of data to differentiate the two.
That's what you think. Even the subtlest things can give it away, like how Amazon AI can tell that someone pregnant before even they even know.
>>
>>62093600

this

>fighting google

you fucking retards are literally making google money
>>
>>62086094
If I install AdNauseam do I have to uninstall uBlock Origin?
>>
>>62102891
It's a goy shit for people like you, Jews do more important and superior things which you unable comprehend.
>>
Donations > Ads
>>
>>62093890
Op
>>
>>62102856
wow... what a piece of shit PaleMoon dev is. Fuck Pale Moon.
>>
>>62086447
No, just a retard brazilian that admitted he sold drugs over tor with his protonmail account. LEA issued an order to access his email and protonmail banned him.
>>
>>62105826
But Switzerland really is compromised.
>>
>>62105877
Good thing ProtonMail isn't.
>>
Holy shit, PALE MOON BANS AdNauseam!!!

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16504

(((They))) are really scared of this shit. It's really working!

Go fucking install it already guise!
>>
>>62093446
that is true.

https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/third-party-email-client-integration-outlook-thunderbird-apple-mail-ect/

open up the search engine for once.
>>
pajeets get paid monies to promote microsoft and intel

therefore i should be getting paid to use this shit
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.