[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Japan "high tech"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 17

Is Japan "high tech"?
>>
They're high tech where it counts.
In japan, running ANY clientside code in the web browser is considered a 'fancy western thing".
>>
>>62085187
>high tech
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>62085187
they still use xp
>>
Japan is low tech as fuck, they were still using CRT monitors until like 5 years ago. They still used shitty flip phones until a few years ago. They claim to be cutting edge tech, but behind the scenes they are slow as fuck to adopt any change.
>>
>>62085212
really? is this true? That's cool. Source?
>>
>>62085232
galapagos phones aren't really comparable to western flip phones
>>
How botnet is Japan?
>>
>>62085240
and flip phones are the best anyways
they just feel right to use and to hold
>>
They zoomed to 2005 era tech in the 90s and just stayed there for 12+ years
>>
>>62085187
It's been almost 20 years since it is not high tech
>>
>>62085226
>what did he mean by this?
Well, I could mean many things, couldn't I?

like >>62085212 said, they definitely are high tech where it counts:

one metric to measure this is the economic complexity index, which measures the "knowledge intensity" required to manufacture an export - an LCD screen requires more educated professionals to make than, say, a desk fan.

And as shown here:
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/rankings/product/

Japan dominates this "high tech" exports space.

However, Japanese innovation seems to be falling behind - http://www.wipo.int/pressroom/en/articles/2017/article_0006.html the Global Innovation Index ranks Japan below other Asian countries such as Korea or Singapore, and far below the United States.
>>
Only animetards think that.
>>
>>62085212
>They're high tech where it counts.
This. Their research stuff pops up pretty frequently in ACM.
>>
>>62085187
No, and they never were. Name one technological innovation that came from Japan.

What they are good at is finding novel ways to take western technology and buy the most gimped cheap-as-fuck version of it and repackage it into a great product.
>>
>>62085431
That's BS. Japanese manufacturing would be lower quality if it were automated.

Look at Nintendo products. Those are the finest.
>>
>>62085187
To reply with a less shitty answer. I'll relay a bit of history.
Keep in mind that I'm a westerner, my experience come from a japanese professor and the few times I've been there for a week-long business or touristic trip.

After WW2, Japan was for sure, a devastated country. Engineers from the imperial army had been laid off and some wanted to rebuild the country. Eventually, they united and began small businesses which will become big industrials later. Sony is an example of those businesses. They grow, and despite the asian economic troubles of '70, were able to make Japan, one of the biggest economic players of the 1970-80. Then the Lost Decade happened (from 1990 to 2000). Economic recession etc,… Japan lost its punch.
Nowadays, japanese people tends to expand the period of the "Lost Decade" to 2000-2010 because nothing changed for them. So basically, Japan's today is 1990 Japan's prime and has been technologically stuck there since.

So *NO*, Japan is no more high-tech.
>>
File: playing splatoon 2.jpg (96KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
playing splatoon 2.jpg
96KB, 1024x576px
>>62085505
>finest
this is how you play splatoon 2 with online multiplayer and team chat in 2017
>>
>>62085257
I do miss the insanely accurate and intuitive method of texting with a numpad. It was WAY slower, but I could literally do it with my eyes closed, and I often did while texting in bed. Just a quick check before sending. It was great. Touch screens piss me off, and I've had a smartphone for 5 years or more now. It actually doesn't get better. Swiftkey eased my pain for a while with its really good autocorrect, but I started ditching non-free apps (plus it was extra botnet anyway) recently and Hacker's Keyboard's lack of auto correct is pretty intense. Made me realize I can't type AT ALL on a touch screen. Really hurts as someone who types up to 150wpm+ on a real keyboard.
>>
File: ss-2017-08-25-21-41-55.png (64KB, 833x587px) Image search: [Google]
ss-2017-08-25-21-41-55.png
64KB, 833x587px
>>62085230
nice me-me
>>
File: ss-2017-08-25-21-43-07.png (71KB, 794x590px) Image search: [Google]
ss-2017-08-25-21-43-07.png
71KB, 794x590px
>>62085917
I dun goofed
>>
>>62085232
>flipphone are low tech because reasons
nigger cattle detected. completely oblivious and ignorant puppet retard.
>>
>>62085505
Nintendo makes low end, low quality kids toys and they're in no way high quality.
>>
>>62085613
I see some good manufacturing techniques on those wires.

>>62085957
want a banana nigger?
>>
>>62085957
Nintendo stuff is actually extremely high quality. Have you ever held a Nintendo Switch or a New 3DS (non-xl)? They're constructed extremely well, pleasant just to hold. I enjoy touching the hardware they make even more than I enjoy playing games on them. I sometimes sleep with the nintendo switch pro controller next to me so I can grip it at any time.
>>
The Japanese have a knack for taking western technologies and reverse engineering the. Good example would be the VHS which was never considered for consumer used but the nips though it would be a great idea to market towards consumers and design the the VHS players for consumer and add functionality/features for that use.

Without sounding like a weeb, Japan is one of the few countries that for years was dirt poor, backwards and almost complete devoid of tech 2 resources like oil and mineral wealth. But they carved themselves a path into a first world power. The issue with Japan is that they don't have enough incentive to stable growth. I believe they can get out of their rut but they need to take ballsy steps like opening up immigration (hell to appease the /pol/tards if nessary make it only from America). They could offer better incentives for people native and immigrants to start business.
>>
No. Japan hasn't been "high tech" since the 80s.
>>
Japan is pretty much what you would get if you had a country simultaneously in 1990 and 2020
>>
>>62086180
re:immigration for americans
I would actually arrange to move there within the next 5 years (and make it a top priority goal to save money for it) if I could own land there and be treated well in that sense. I know I could go there, learn Japanese, get a job, and mostly get by, but not being able to own land there means I'm kind of walking into a deadend unless I plan to get married pretty early on. Throwing away money long-term to rent a place is stupid no matter where you live.
>>
>get off your super modern toilet containing sentient AI
>go and send a fax to the office
t. japan
>>
>>62086219
nothing wrong with it.
"evolution" doesn't mean better.
>>
>>62085187
Japan is forever stuck in the 80s
>>
>>62086042
it's made in taiwan
>>
>>62086730
> pass your NFC embedded in your phone to take the metro
> online banking with ActiveX
i think they now use SilverLight at least ...
>>
Japan is high tech in hardware.
Japan is low tech in software.

/thread
>>
>>62085397
This

Japanese exports are very high tech, but Japan has been lacking in R&D, at least on the consumer end, for decades
>>
>>62085431
Are there a lot of jobs in America? Is there a low unemployment rate?
>>
>>62085506
>which will become big industrials later
Completely unrelated question, but this has always bothered me.
What's up with using the future tense to talk about the past?
>>
>>62087598
It's not proper grammar but it doesn't necessarily make the sentence unreadable.
>>
>>62085187
Japan is barely above the stone age with the software they use.

>>62085234
>>62085212
That's not true. Look at literally any Japanese game website ever. Look at things like DMM.com.

Japan is STILL using Flash and making Flash games in 2017.
>>
>>62087630
I like flash so this isn't a problem
>>
Does she show her breast in that photo?
>>
>>62087618
I just find it weird. It's so common, yet makes no sense.
>>
No.

I lived in Akihabara last year. Pastel-colored animu shit oversaturating the alleyways aside, the tech market there felt like a time machine back to the 1990s. Anything actually modern had Korean or Chinese company names on them. Sad.
>>
>>62087651
The point is that Flash is clientside code in the web browser.

I liked Flash as well - I enjoyed the Flash games we got in the browser. Nowadays that Flash is basically dead we barely get any web games like that. You can do the same things with HTML5 and JS as you could with Flash, but it's not nearly as easy to distribute them as Flash games are. Neither are there tools nowhere near as good as Flash tools were for making games like this.

Maybe I'm just biased because I used to write ActionScript 3 for a living for a while. Writing AS3 definitely felt much better than JS.
>>
>>62087667
I think it's about the point of view.
You can talk about the past by setting the point of view at a precise time, then use the future to talk about something that happened after this event, while still being in the past from the present.
>>
>>62087531
What is holding Japan back in software?

Almost every smartphone on the market has an imaging sensor from sony.

Yet sony smartphones have the worst cameras out of any flagship smartphone you could buy, and its completely a software issue.
>>
>>62087708
That actually makes some sense.
But it's still weird.
>>
>>62087727
Japanese culture is very conservative. No, not the right-wing shit we see in the west, but they don't like change and don't like to question the status quo. Perhaps this attitude influences how they view software? Ie they don't want to change the software platforms they already have. Maybe this is why they still use shit like ActiveX and Flash.
>>
>>62087727
Unlike hardware, it's difficult just to tweak existing software without infringing copyright. It requires building something from scratch that Asians collectively don't have the capacity for.
>>
>>62087774
What right-wing shit in the west? Japan is much further right than any western country, fucktard.
>>
>>62085943
>nigger cattle detected. completely oblivious and ignorant puppet retard.
Was that an attempt at English?
>>
>>62087774
>ActiveX and Flash
Don't fix what's not broken.
>>
File: 9e4.gif (2MB, 766x800px) Image search: [Google]
9e4.gif
2MB, 766x800px
>>62085187
They created High Tech VR Waifus
>>
>>62087880

that artist's pixiv is full of hot Goku dick
>>
>>62085232
>implying crts are outdated
>>
>>62085232
Flip phones are amazing though and better in so many ways. I fucking hate touchscreens too, so the idea of modern flip phones is really appealing. It's a shame it can never be done in the west because of sheep like you.
>>
>>62087795
Yes, the entire country might be more right than entire western countries, but I'm talking about the retards of /pol/. Japan generally is nowhere near as right-wing as that.
>>
>>62087727
I assume a lot of it comes from most nips not being able to speak or read/write english and writing their stuff moonrunes.

So they will have a lot of problems when trying to pick up newer stuff, which only has descriptions in nip as best(nobody will actually localize the code for tutorials and documentation to english). Most short living stuff like the javascript framework of the week wont even have a japanese localization.

So they just stick to their guns and use what they know.
>>
Japan doesn't have a lot of respect for programmers, which is why most of their stuff is fancy hardware.
>>
>>62085187
Nah, where would they even be *particularly* high tech as a society?

As far as I can tell, they're even pretty average tech for having the most populated metropolitan area around Tokyo.
>>
>>62085187
Why would they take a photo of a burly man wearing a VR headset? What did they mean by this?
>>
>>62088148
Does Japan have particular respect for some individuals good at making computer hardware?
>>
>>62085187
They have high tech houses but thats it.
>>
>>62087727
>What is holding Japan back in software?
At this point, I'd almost say it's shitty programmers.

True, Nintendo or such occasionally seems to have amazingly skilled people, but if you look at various games (so many fuckups on 3d games but also fucking visual novel games - text & image slideshows!), file sharing tools and so on ... that software is often so bad.

I don't mean to say individuals haven't made bad software in the west, but this terribly low quality is rare in the west for software done by even teams of 2-3 people.

And very few amazing frameworks and tools seem to come from Japan's >125 million people.
>>
>>62088328
They do? I mean, I love the sense of aesthetics of traditional or -inspired buildings, and the woodwork is really nice on many of the originals.

But for the vast majority of modern buildings? Nice that they're earthquake safe, but what's so amazing about the majority of this concrete desert...?
>>
>>62088393
Because the fuckup 3d games are mainly anime cash grab. Japan does its best with automation and low level software.
>>
>>62088328
We have high tech homes too. We just aren't destroying and rebuilding homes every 30 years like they are, so most homes are 80 years old.
>>
The overwhelming majority of jap business is still conducted by fax, they're still stuck in the 80s.
>>
>>62085935
funny how they lie in their own charts to make Win 10 look better.
>>
>>62085505
>automated manufacturing is low quality
wut
>>
They're high tech, low pizza.
>>
>>62088488
Okay, but even if not like 100k Japanese seem to make visual novel games. If you have a few hundred to a few thousand people who think it'd be a great idea to, dunno, make contests like http://scene.org/, you can expect a lot of amazingly well-made shit.

Likewise if you just look at average image viewers, ebook readers or whatever. Yes, maybe 1/3 is horrid like the visual novel engines or other Japanese software I've seen, but the rest is generally quite okay or even great, and certainly generally so after they've been around for 10 years or whatever.
>>
>>62088393
Their problem is the language barrier. The Japanese are not that great at English and many software frameworks aren't often localized to Japan.
>>
>>62086219
you mean actually cyberpunk before going to shit.
>>
>>62088630
That's a very poor excuse.

Everyone else -including the Europeans that learned Russian rather than English in school and all such people- generally just learned English. It's not like it is a very hard language, and a narrow context like programming usually makes it even easier to understand.
>>
File: oldnintendo.jpg (9KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
oldnintendo.jpg
9KB, 180x180px
>>62085505
>Look at Nintendo products. Those are the finest.

Hello time traveler, have you heard of the high elves?
>>
>>62085232
Also 80 percent of music sales are still on CD.
>>
>>62085187
Japan is more Enterprise focused these days and have high quality control (especially compared to the rest of Asia) but most of their technology is focused on things like robotics, automation, metallurgy, etc and they compete very strongly in those spaces.
Consumer electronics hasn't really recovered since the 90s and honestly was never very good. Most of the hardware was America, they just packaged and manufactured it nicely.
>>
>>62088471
>but what's so amazing about the majority of this concrete desert...?
The massive parks that break it up.

>>62088525
Now that's just a lie.
Yes they still use fax a lot, but it isn't the way the overwhelming majority of business is conducted.
>>
>>62089239
Japanese are truly the best.
Not compromising audio quality for convenience.
>>
>>62089595
>The massive parks that break it up.
Ah, but in this context, they're not amazingly high tech, are they?

Again, it's just like the traditional architecture - some of them are quite or very aesthetic.
>>
>>62086180

America is literally like every continent of the world rolled into one, you dumb mongrel.
>>
File: 1493307214440.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493307214440.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>62087630
>high tech where it counts
>mentions videogames like it matters
>>
>>62085212
>They're high tech where it counts
>Debt as % of GDP: 221.15%
So this is the power....of high tech where it counts....wow
>>
>>62089752
Videogames are rather profoundly intertwined with the architecture of the currently actually very dominant x86 and ARM computer architectures and the history of computers in general.

Shouldn't look down on them too much.
>>
>>62089667
Truth.

Here's the thing you probably already know. Japan doesn't really upgrade stuff. If it's working fine they pretty much just leave it, so you will see old buildings next to new ones. If you go to the counter to buy shinkansen tickets the computers they are using are probably from the 90s.
But when they build something new they use new technologies and so on.
>>
>>62089810
How is this even relevant
>>
>>62090489
>but, but muh gdp
>muh squiggly lines

I can assure you, its not.
>>
>>62086180
>immigration from America
Fuck no, why? so greasy faggots can go and move in droves?
They would be best to open immigration to Korea and Brazil, Brazil only because they host the largest Japanese exclave in the world.
>>
File: 1454319823486.jpg (362KB, 960x963px) Image search: [Google]
1454319823486.jpg
362KB, 960x963px
Does Japan have any strong CS programs, at a undergrad or grad level?

Ruby was made in Japan so there must be some good CS stuff happening there
>>
>>62086180
>they need to take ballsy steps like opening up immigration
You're fucking dead, I don't even care, fuck you.
You have 3 days nigger.
>>
I worked at Japanese tech firm in Japan. The world is moving too fast for them now. While they're attending meetings about meetings, other countries are lapping them.
>>
>>62091583
You can say that, but there's a method to the madness.
I recently spent a month in our Japanese branch working with a team there, and all the meetings made me want to shoot myself, but even in the final rounds of group review we were still finding important bugs.
If I were shipping something mission critical I'd definitely trust the Japanese team more. There are too many young and cocky leaders in the West, and everything is hype-driven. Sometimes you need to be boring.
>>
>>62087895
Why do they always look so distressed.
>>
>>62091337
I like Ruby but it seems dead for anything other than Rails which is dying too.
>>
>>62090489
Their whole economy and country depends on foreign gibs even beyond the levels of Greece, a single economic world event would send them crashing into oblivion

Instead of tackling the problem before it goes nuclear with the use of innovative technologic products they're too busy doing stupid shit while losing to Koreans on every single market but is alright because is technology that "counts", it is sad i have even to spell this shit out for you the state of /g/ is truly deplorable
>>
>>62091963
you are pretty retarded, don't reply to me again
>>
>>62091963
greece managed to not export literally almost nothing..
japan is exporting a shit load of stuff

there is a small difference anon..
comparing greece with japan is like saying tgv is safer than shinkansen
>>
>>62092051
Excellent argument as expected of a videogame loving neet
>>62092098
>there is a small difference anon
Yeah, 79%, higher than Greece all while exporting a shitload of stuff
>>
>>62091337
Japan has some Unix / Linux wizards.

Ruby was supposed to be a truly object oriented mix between Python and Perl.

The Happy Hacking Keyboard is also a Japanese invention for Unix and it's Japanese counterpart is superior to the western in many cases.

I think the reason why Linux / Unix centric Nips are rare is because Japanese is such a conformist / closed society.
>>
>>62089595
>Massive park
That's the imperial palace grounds in the middle. Its literary the first thing they built wen they founded Edo.
>>
>>62085613
What the fuck the notifications on that phone
>>
>>62085475
CDs
>>
>>62088471
Just LOOK at it.
>>
>>62092273
Looks normal to me anon
>>
>>62091963
Apparently a lot of Japan's support is from local investors rather than foreign.
>>
>>62093102
>Apparently a lot of Japan's support is from local investors rather than foreign.
THIS
>>
>>62085187
They make anime so yes
>>
>>62087501
>>online banking with ActiveX
South Korea is still stuck with that meme despite a new locally developed browser and attempts to put that meme out of its misery.

>>62089239
Mostly because muh fucking copyright laws and RIAJ learned from the piracy controversies affecting the Western mainstream music industry in the past several years.
>>
>>62087630
There's nothing wrong with games and game websites in Flash.

There are still business critical apps written in Flash in the US in 2017.
>>
>>62087702
>The point is that Flash is clientside code in the web browser.
Not really. Flash is an extension, it's more like a Java applet.
>>
yes but only for non arbitrary things.

>>62085230
only some schools and theyre in the process of upgrading. on that note cs is a subject in japan thats mandatory
>>
>>62085187
No. They just invested in trinkits that have leds and made a bunch of cartoons about modern japan being a dystopian future japan based in the current year.
If you want real japan info go watch a youtube video titled something along the lines of "weird japan" or "wtf japan"
>>
>>62085187
Jews and the Japanese are superior they're the future. The modern white western civilisation is a nigger loving gay.
>>
>>62094634
what are you talking about? the atguement isnt about japan being inventive (which they arent so muxh today) but high tech
>>
>>62092223
Japan's debt is mostly owed to other japs at a low interest rate, not like with Greece where they're indebted to the EU at a high interest rate
>>
>>62092246
Is the HHKB really worth it?
>>
>>62085187
They still use faxes
>>
>>62089617
>What is FLAC, ALAC, and WAV
>>
>>62095156
If you ask yourself that question, then no.
>>
>>62095425
Explain. I'm just asking myself what it has over lower-priced tenkeyless mechanical keyboards.
Is the build quality fantastic?
>>
>>62094738
It was a question, not an argument.
And I answered the question, they spent way too much money on light up gas pumps, light up face massages, and crates of light up bullet vibrators and they didn't spend enough money on light sabers, hover boards, and gundams..
>>
>>62085505
The switch is made in China, moron. Also there is nothing about automation that makes something inherently better or worse in quality.
>>
>>62086180
Nice try kike
>>
File: 1482763912539.png (22KB, 1528x102px) Image search: [Google]
1482763912539.png
22KB, 1528x102px
>>62095671
>>
>>62086180
I think you're being unfair. Japan has been competitive to the west since the Meji restoration. Take that in contrast to countries such as South Korea which wasn't better off than North Korea until the 70s or the fishing villages that became Singapore and Hong Kong.
>>
>>62095369
>implying major Japanese record labels offer these formats for paid and legal digital download
>>
>>62095764
The only western country the Japanese were competitive with until the mid-20th century was Russia.
>>
>>62087727
Non-meme answer. PC adoption in Japan took off very late compared to most of the developed world because of difficulties in input (having to switch between four sets of characters one of which containing many thousands). If you want a contrast, look at northern Europe where early PC adoption was very high. For having a small population their software output is great.
>>
>>62085187
It certainly ain't "low tech" you retard.
>>
>>62095499
If you can appreciate HHKB, then yes. If not, move along. That being said, my pro 2 has been the most expensive part of my pc in the history of ever.
I'd say it's irreplaceable. I could have gotten 7950 crossfire, but I settled on a 7850 & the keyboard haha. Ty for reading my blog.

Tldr the keyboard feels like home.
>>
>>62085307
/thread
>>
>>62092098
>greece managed to not export literally almost nothing.

wrong

here in Greece we export high quality olive oil
>>
>>62085917
i once met a person IRL who unironically pronounced meme that way
>>
>>62087567
Yes, and productivity is far greater when you don't waste workers on pointless activities from the last century.
>>
>>62095369
Something you generally cannot buy music in through most of the major online services, and when it is it is usually just the CD version in those formats so you gain nothing.
>>
>>62085475
CDs, CD players, portable or not, li-ion batteries, fucking pocket calculators which were incredibly important before PC's, world's first Android, exoskeletons, Blu-ray, flash memory, quartz electronic watch (stupid invention, destroyed the watch industry), hybrid cars, hydrogen cars, etc.
>>
>>62088328
house and appartment aren't high tech, they are space efficient since they have to be small
>>62088471
there is parks and large parks everywhere and lot of green at street level
>>
Last I checked faxes were still fairly widely used. That was 5 years ago.

They're low tech.
>>
>>62095763
Through dick, unity.
>>
>>62097067
>because they still use old technology they don't use new techonology!
>>
>>62097399
I'd agree with you if faxes didn't imply a bunch of other things.
>>
I'm from Eastern Europe and when I travelled to Japan I was surprised at how low tech it is. They still use fax machines.
>>
>>62097405
Enlighten me.
>>
>>62097645
>>62097067
>>62097399
>>62097405
faxes are used in every countries because lawyers like having handwriten statement or at least signed documents to be faxes to them, some govermentbranchs also still use faxes
>>
>>62085187
No
>>
>>62095664
>The switch is made in China
>he believes this
holy shit
>>
>>62085187
Japanese companies still uses paper for everything. The only "high tech" in Japan is their public transport
>>
>>62091337
Who is this cutie?
>>
im applying for embedded software positions in japan lately because i studied the japanese and am a weeb but holy shit

they pay software engineers garbage. even construction managers make better money.

35k a year + housing???

Im making like 120k a year in the US

why did i take this stupid degree in EE
>>
if by """"high tech"""" you mean consumertard toys and bloated shitware then no

if by """"high tech"""" you mean industrial and general STEM research then yes

Their current economy is not helping either though
>>
File: 1469798498424.jpg (103KB, 964x964px) Image search: [Google]
1469798498424.jpg
103KB, 964x964px
>>62086180
>but they need to take ballsy steps like opening up immigration

fuck off faggot
>>
>>62098647
>Who is this cutie?
it's me :)
>>
>>62100523
Lies. Anyway, post more.
>>
File: carlitz_by_lolikips-d6wedz6.png (359KB, 1030x961px) Image search: [Google]
carlitz_by_lolikips-d6wedz6.png
359KB, 1030x961px
>>62088547
Explanation please
>>
File: 1502330881118.gif (1MB, 355x412px) Image search: [Google]
1502330881118.gif
1MB, 355x412px
>>62086180
>they need to take ballsy steps like opening up immigration
Agreed, there's simply no way (((we))) can continue our unsustainable business models if we don't have an unlimited pool of unskilled labor. Newborn Japanese will be shafted even harder, but who cares? Not me, not jew. Also please don't compare the birth rates of germans and germany, netherland and swedish births, or many other european countries with japanese births, they're fake news. Japs aren't having any children. Don't ask questions goy, immigration is good for jew.
>>
>>62095889
And Japan received a fuck load of technology free of charge from Britain, Germany and the US. This was the only way they were able to defeat Russia.
>>
>>62099503
You're making 120k is a city where rent 4K + a month and the rest of living expenses are unbearable. You're essentially making 40K
>>
>>62087630
>Japan is STILL using Flash and making Flash games in 2017.

Not like American companies like Amazon weren't doing the same.
Sure, video has been moved to HTML5, but audio streaming is still Flash for some ungodly reason.

I highly appreciate nicovideo largely having made the move to HTML5 (except for commenting).
>>
>>62085232
>shitty flip phones

I'd love to see a flip smartphone.
No need to buy shitty cases.
I remember hearing about one sometime last year, but it turned out to be garbage for some reason.
>>
>>62094666
>Jews and Azns are the future
>jewrasians

>>62095763

Underrated
Fixd
>>
>>62088061
sure, so were vinyls and steam cars :^)
>>
Morons moaning about faxes have never done any office work if any kind ever.

Every business I ever worked at use faxes to some extent. This is in the US.
>>
>>62105602
>Morons moaning about faxes have never done any office work if any kind ever.
>Every business I ever worked at use faxes to some extent. This is in the US.
This
>>
>>62106935
>>62105602
>>62085187
Here's a funny anecdote. I work in IT at a college library. The government documents staff still have a working Selectric typewriter from the 70s because all government correspondence must be done via typewritten letters, no exception. All ordering, cataloguing, etc is typewritten. In 2017.
>>
>>62108684
Why don't they upgrade?
>>
>>62093102
Wrong. It's just like the US. Most of the debt is held by their Central bank.

Though in fairness Japan's central bank is fuckload worse than ours. They go so far as buy ETFs and general shares to prop up their aborted fetus economy.

>Tfw people still have faith in fiat money and the central banking system.
>>
>>62109250
They don't need to
>>
>>62095156
I have an fc660c and like it.
>>
>>62109427
This isn't a thread about you
>>
>>62089810

Murrica isn't exactly in a great place financially either.
>>
>>62091669

the looming threat of giant tentacle monsters does that to a person.
>>
>>62109250
>>62109316
As they say, good enough for government work.
If you mean the typewriter, the Selectric is supposedly more reliable than the newer cheaper plasticy ones. Anyhow we have a service person who can fix it nearby, so why not?
>>
>>62089810
they have a fucking deflation.
so making debts is worth, because it will cost less paying back those in the future.
inform yourself before posting shit
Thread posts: 175
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.