[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinkpad Addiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: w530.jpg (266KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
w530.jpg
266KB, 1600x1200px
Skipped work today, having beer for breakfast and am playing with my new Thinkpad instead. What should I do with it, /g/?
>>
>>62083502

probably browse /tpg/
>>
>>62083502
take the intel sticker off or else you're a true pleb
>>
>>62083502
Configure the date and time. It's not March anymore.

What model is that, how much, and are you installing Gentoo?
>>
>>62083549
I happen to like my Core i7 advert
>>
Remove Intel sticker and the Window sticker underneath. Install debian.
>>
>>62083502
What ThinkPad is it?
I've purchased my first laptop 5 months ago and it is a Dell Inspiron 7560, I regret not buying a business laptop.. but you know, we learn from our mistakes.
Next time I buy a laptop, it'll most likely a business one.
>>
>>62083564
That was the sellers image, i haven't taken my own pic yet. Its all set up though. It's a w530 with 16GB and the nicer FHD display. I paid $360 for it.

Right now I just have a smallish ssd in it as a WIn10 boot drive, when I get my caddy to replace the optical drive I'll be doing a tri-boot setup with Win10, HackOS and either Slackware or Gentoo.
>>
>>62083502
>W530
Return for Dell.
>>
>OP gets a new ThinkPad, recent purchase implied
>skips work

It begins. Welcome to NEETdom.
>>
>>62083686
To be fair I skipped work because of a medical thing, I'm just distracting myself with my new toy
>>
>>62083686
I did this too though it was sort of justified. Got a new X220 yesterday and went to the doctors to get vaccines and then took the day off today.

>>62083707
r u me
>>
What in the ACTUAL FUCK are you doing OP? How can you even take a photo of that machine running Windows and choose to SHARE IT to humiliate you even more.

Shut the fuck up, INSTALL LINUX and come back when you have some fucking hair on your chest you pleb.
>>
>>62083502
install gentoo
>>
>>62083726
again, that was the sellers pic (though it is currently just a win install)
trust me kiddo i've been a linux user longer than you've known how to type
>>
I wonder how easy it would be to wedge a drive into the optical bay without a caddy
i want to do stuffs
>>
>>62083502
Why not work on your ThinkPad
>>
>>62083974
silence, logical person
>>
>>62083502

Take it apart and clean it thoroughly, use canned air.
>>
>>62085545
This
Not only that but you have a freedom machine with windows?
Install literally any distribution of linux.
>>
Chuck it out the window and buy a mac book pro.
>>
>>62083502
The complete opposite is if you get a MacBook

>be me
>Have been a fat neet for years
>get my uncle's old MBP Retina
>The next week I got myself a job
>Decided to become /fit/
>Now I have a girlfriend and a house

quit the ThinkPad meme. It is not healthy for you guys
>>
>>62086336
>instantly get called a homo when you mention you use a mac
>see people spamming benchmarks and news mentioning your laptop of choice is inferior to other, often cheaper laptops
>cant game because shitty specs
>cant do cpu intensive tasks because of throttling
>lose interest to anything computer related
>get a job/go meet people
looks normal desu.
>>
>>62083502
ahh i remember when i bought my new thinkpad

played with it for a day

now its gaining dust on a chair full of clothes and papers
>>
>>62083502
I woke up late so I didn't go to work. Did not even call.

Just felt like playing with my T420 instead
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.