[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CODING BOOT CAMPS ARE CLOSING!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 1501714144852.jpg (656KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1501714144852.jpg
656KB, 2048x1365px
kek... all those morons who fell for bullshit lies fucked.

>In the last five years, dozens of schools have popped up offering an unusual promise: Even humanities graduates can learn how to code in a few months and join the high-paying digital economy. Students and their hopeful parents shelled out as much as $26,000 seeking to jump-start a career.

>But the coding boot-camp field now faces a sobering moment, as two large schools have announced plans to shut down this year — despite backing by major for-profit education companies, Kaplan and the Apollo Education Group, the parent of the University of Phoenix.

https://archive.fo/guSOw
>>
It only works for people who have been programming as a hobby since their teens. People completely new to programming require vast amounts of knowledge and understanding that can't be covered in a year much less a few months.
>>
I'm not glad they are dying but I'm glad they're gone.
>>
>>62082901
I started learning programming after I turned 18. Is there a chance for me to become good?
I started out late because I am in a 3rd world country and didn't have the resources to study.
>>
>>62082978
Gonna take some time, theres always gonna be some geniuses who have coded since they were little. Problem with the boot-camps seems to be that they promise too much in too little time. Think you can be a decent programmer in a few years, depending on how fast of a learner you are, and how much time you put into it. Had some friends graduate from the same class who were alot more awful coders than me, yet they still managed to get some junior-position in a company.

No idea about salary though, might be that the high-paying jobs are reserved for people who have been doing it for practically all their lives.
>>
File: 1482691701048.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482691701048.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
So, which one of you fell for the coding boot camp meme? We've had a few threads on here of guys who wee preparing to go or went through it.
Fess up.
>>
>>62082978
I started programming when I was 20. I'm 22 now and just accepted a job at a "Big 4" tech company.
>>
>>62083254
Trump should make lieing on the Internet punishable by hanging/drowning

TRUMP 420
>>
Programming is overrated. I studied IT management and I earn more than programmers.
>>
>>62083398
mah IT nigga
getting paid fat stacks for doing less work
>>
>>62083300
>lieing
>>
>>62083132
You may be not be surprised to know but Universities here are shitty. The teachers don't know anything. My anything, I really mean anything.
I try to study in my own but the stupid University work (like writing some dedicated paragraphs from the books in good handwriting) takes all my time. I am thinking of dropping out. I've read that some startups here offer jobs based on skill and not just degree.
>>
>>62083608
Programming in general is a personal thing. You can be at all the lectures, but if you not do anything at home or program at your free time you can't expect to be good.

I would say that Uni is a good way to get to know the basic and then you need to expand that knowleage yourself.

Just go through with it, and you get your degreee and search for some kind of work.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170825-223651.png (159KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170825-223651.png
159KB, 720x1280px
>>62083655
In my experiences, going through University doesn't even give you a basic knowledge to work upon. There are thousands of people in my college who will be working for outsourcing companies like Infosys and TCS becoming code monkeys. There is no one to look upto.
>>
>>62082901
>>62083132
if you fags read the article, it stated that while students are benefiting from it, the code camp cannot sustain a profitable business model.

but in retrospect, the bootcamp model is pure shiite. They teach you basics of html/css/javascript/rails then make you build a todo app and bam you're out on your own.
>>
>>62083706
university teaches you how to think, retard. its job is to teach you building blocks and ground truth so you can learn anything else quickly.
>>
>>62084183
The is the problem. See my picture above. They are failing us to make us think. There is a huge emphasis on rote learning. How on earth can someone switch their minds from rote learning for university at one time and then thinking creatively the next moment when solving a problem the next moment?
>>
>>62084183
>university teaches you how to think
If that's the case, it should be far less fucking expensive.
>>
>>62082864
>https://archive.fo/guSOw
>One more step
>Please complete the security check to access archive.fo
What the fuck is wrong with you, you fucking cunt. Why won't you link to the actual site instead?
>>
>>62082864
Wait, you mean I can't just drink Starbucks and copy and pate from Google?! Not everything is Python?!
>>
>>62084331
Not OP but the actual site may change but the archived version won't.
>>
>>62084366
Use archive.org then.
>>
File: 1503543283981.jpg (86KB, 893x859px) Image search: [Google]
1503543283981.jpg
86KB, 893x859px
>>62084305
>If that's the case, it should be far less fucking expensive.
you're welcome to shop around!

but buyers beware: degrees are like brands: sure you could buy some chinkshit Pajetdroid but don't expect people to like your green bubbles.

same goes for degrees. just because you have an undergrad from some Bumfuck U, don't expect employers to put as much fate into them as a degree from MIT.
>>
>>62084331
>What the fuck is wrong with you, you fucking cunt. Why won't you link to the actual site instead?
NYTimes requires registration, retard. Just how gnew are you? Go back to plebbit.
>>
>>62082864
To be good at this shit, you need innate ability. These motherfuckers think that they can just pick this shit up in a year and be on easy street, but without natural talent/desire, you can't.
>>
>>62083398
>>62083417

You need to be able to program to be good at IT and you need to be able to do IT to be good at programming.
>>
>>62083706

Its because India is corrupt as fuck and they're intentionally handing out accreditation to unqualified schools that hand out degrees to unqualified students in one big scheme to trick foreign companies into investing in them.
>>
>>62082901
>It only works for people who have been programming as a hobby since their teens. People completely new to programming require vast amounts of knowledge and understanding that can't be covered in a year much less a few months.
yeah I forget that all that basic math is so hard for codelets
>>
>>62083166

I applied for one in Los Angeles but got denied. Whatever I have plenty of eBooks and video mentors to learn that shit anyway
>>
>>62086803
>but got denied
are you retarded? how can you get denied from a scam school that will accept anyone whit a stack of bills???
>>
>>62083818
Yeah, fuck those shiite bootcamps. /g/ is for sunnis.
>>
>>62082864
i'm saddened by the left-wings attack on for-profit colleges. why are universities so afraid of competition?

t. ITT Tech Institute fag
>>
>>62082864
programming boot camps for kids would work better.
>>
>>62086845

I'm a bit mentally retarded and a dumbass, I didn't answer some of their questions over the phone correctly
>>
>>62086971
what did they ask you that you failed at???
>>
>learn how to code in a few months
Everyone interested in programming should read Norvig's exceptional text about learning: http://norvig.com/21-days.html
>>
>>62082864
>(((yarmulke)))
>>
>>62083706
> Infosys
hey pajeet, who told you your universities taught anything?
>>
>>62083398
>I studied IT management and I earn more than programmers.

No you don't.

>>62082864
>>62082901
No, programming as a hobby just shows that you have interest.

From my experience, the problem with these schools is that they attract loser drop-outs and humanities majors that lack a fundamental interest in technology, theory, and computers. To them, it is just a fast way to start making $$$.
>>
>>62089336
Not him but there's truth here.

Most average programmers here in the Southeast earn $75-90k a year. Managers, Directors, and VPs in IT make much more ($90k-$250k+)

However -

Studying management doesn't make you a manager. If you are a good manager, it takes being a bad manager for a while to get there. When I look at candidates and see ITIL or COBIT management certifications, I look at the experience and see where and how they applied it.

t. IT Director
>>
>>62089469
A very large chunk of those managers know how to program. His claim was that programming and being capable of programming is overrated, which is simply not true in this industry.

Go to the large tech companies, ask any of the managers to walk you through a sorting algo or any other basic programming task. They will be able to do it.

If you work in a non-software company that has IT on the side, then maybe you will be able to get by, but almost all of the IT managers at big tech companies started off as software engineers.
>>
>>62089469
Why does an IT director hang out with children on /g/?
>>
>>62086891
subtle and clever.
>>
>>62082864
>people spent thousands of dollars to get worse education than I got on jew tube for free
Pottery
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.