[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the 7700k so even against the 1700x in games when the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: sjpx8gv4u8ax.png (716KB, 830x710px) Image search: [Google]
sjpx8gv4u8ax.png
716KB, 830x710px
Why is the 7700k so even against the 1700x in games when the 1700x has more cores? What is it about the chip that makes it competitive in that one regard when the Ryzen chip blows it away in other aspects?
>>
Muh gigahurtz
>>
>>62071224
>Why is the 7700k so even against the 1700x in games when the 1700x has more cores
because most games don't use multithreading as they could
>What is it about the chip that makes it competitive in that one regard when the Ryzen chip blows it away in other aspects?
developer laziness
>>
>>62071241
Why do only lazy devs make the best games?
>>
>>62071311
devs who try to make tech demos end up forgetting the point of making a game, developers who only want to make an experience typically can't program for shit compared to guys who don't care about games but will spend days trying to get one tiny spot a few percentage points faster
designers=/=programmers
>>
>>62071311
>>62071344
also worth mentioning: developers who are more than merely competent command higher prices and typically have more lucrative things to do than making games
>>
>gaymes
muh niggahurtz

>actual work
>muh coarz

Take a guess...
>>
Keep in mind with Intel finally moving to 6 cores with Coffee Lake we might start to see some games start to take advantage of more than 4 cores.
>>
>>62071311
Because they're trying to profit
By definition it's difficult to effectively use lotsa cores in a real-time, super-interactive environment, you need serious cross core communication
>>
>>62071416
DX12 happens to have to ability to scale up to 6 cores + HT
But I mean it's still on developers to utilize it
>>
>>62071311
Those games are made by huge staff. You're not gonna find 200-300 geniuses to work for you, nor can you afford to pay them without ruining profitability.
>>
>>62071941
how far can vulkan go? considering its gonna be supported much more than dx12 will, i think its more important for the advancement of video game tech
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.