[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /g/ preparing for the end of civilization?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: doomsday.jpg (95KB, 649x502px) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.jpg
95KB, 649x502px
https://pastebin.com/wdGcVcZE

original http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/01/30/doomsday-prep-for-the-super-rich

warning it's a fucking long read but it's definitely worth it

>Some of the wealthiest people in America—in Silicon Valley, New York, and beyond—are getting ready for the crackup of civilization.

>Steve Huffman, the thirty-three-year-old co-founder and C.E.O. of Leddit, which is valued at six hundred million dollars, was nearsighted until November, 2015, when he arranged to have laser eye surgery. He underwent the procedure not for the sake of convenience or appearance but, rather, for a reason he doesn’t usually talk much about: he hopes that it will improve his odds of surviving a disaster, whether natural or man-made. “If the world ends—and not even if the world ends, but if we have trouble—getting contacts or glasses is going to be a huge pain in the ass,” he told me recently. “Without them, I’m fucked.”

>Huffman, who lives in San Francisco, has large blue eyes, thick, sandy hair, and an air of restless curiosity; at the University of Virginia, he was a competitive ballroom dancer, who hacked his roommate’s Web site as a prank. He is less focussed on a specific threat—a quake on the San Andreas, a pandemic, a dirty bomb—than he is on the aftermath, “the temporary collapse of our government and structures,” as he puts it. “I own a couple of motorcycles. I have a bunch of guns and ammo. Food. I figure that, with that, I can hole up in my house for some amount of time.”

Even the re ddit faggot is getting ready.
I read this and it made me wonder that it makes sense that programmers and tech people would get prepared in advance as we tend to be ahead of the curve, i.e. ahead of normies.
Being nerds might actually be what saves us.
>>
Being rich is what will save us.
>>
>>62070630
>wanting to live in a post-apocalyptic shithole
Why the fuck would you want that? If the world ever ends I can only pray I'm one of the first to go and spared the atrocities that come after.
>>
>>62070681
Because living always comes with possibilities. Death is ... death. Don't you learn anything from anime?
>>
people have been prepping for doomsday since the 60s. we had Soviet nukes 90 miles away during the Cold War and nothing bad came then and nothing bad will come now because the rich and powerful don't want nuclear war as they don't benefit from it at all because they lose all of their workforce, so there's literally no reason to worry about it. huffman just sounds like your typical nerd who dreams of sitting in his nuclear shelter as the bombs fall, then taking an AK-47 and a handgun and foraging for supplies.
>>
Fear mongering bullshit. Not only that but the rich would have the most to care about if this sort of thing happened because of class warfare.
>>
>he has to write re ddit or leddit

Fucking pathetic. Go ask your mom to abort you, you retarded idiot.
>>
>>62070702
>Don't you learn anything from anime?
I learned that cute girls make an adorable "uwahh!" noise when you hug them
>>
rich people can be fockin nuts

you know, the apple guy believed injecting pee into himself would cure his cancer or something

just cuz he did it dont mean there's something to it
>>
>>62070834
fucking kill yourself back there. we write it that way because it's spam filtered you dumb cunt.
>>
not like us plebs have to worry about it. just break into some richfag's bunker and we're good and set
>>
>spend all this money on prepping
>doomsday never comes
wow
>>
>>62071212
Its for the peace of mind faggot.
I get a gun just in case someone tries to rob me, not because I'm expecting to get robbed.
>>
>>62070665

money doesn't mean shit in something like that.
>>
>>62070630
yea, home surveillance with military encryption on my hentai collection is allready set up
>>
>>62071212
>spend all this money on insurance
>nothing goes wrong

why even bother?
>>
>>62075707
so fucking true. Insurance companies wouldn't be making billions a year if their model wasn't profitable.

I know you're being cheeky and think you're clever, but you just proved his point
>>
>>62070702
With society in shambles living is suffering and death is nothing. I'll take nothing over suffering thank you very much.

Hope I'm killed quickly and painlessly. I plan to take all my knowledge to the grave with me. I've determined that the world in its current state does not deserve it. I'd prefer to see all of humanity killed off.
>>
>>62075707
car insurance is a law in mississippi
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.