[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Networking Security DVD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Security-DVR-LH03045G-L1.png (56KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Security-DVR-LH03045G-L1.png
56KB, 1200x800px
I apologize for my noobness in advance. I'm a network dunce.

I have a DVD attached to my home security cameras. I've had them for about 5 years. The instructions that came with the DVD are a poorly-translated Japanese-English mess.

What I'm trying to do is connect the DVD to my network so I can view the cameras from my PC either within my house or remotely.

The DVD has a ethernet port which I can cable to my router. Right now the set up looks like this:

Comcast router->Linksys wireless router->My PC and wife's PC (both hard-wired to the Linksys router). My PC is dual boot (Windows 10 and Ubuntu) and wife's PC is Windows 7.

What do I need to do to view the cameras from the PC's at home and remotely?

Any help is appreciated.
>>
Desperate bump for help from a networking guru
>>
DVD?
>>
>>62066553
Yes. Digital Video Recorder. It records up to 8 cameras. I have a monitor attached to it but also want the output to be seen on my PC or from a remove PC.
>>
>>62066635
Does the DVD have a web interface or something? What happens when you try to browse to it's IP?
>>
>>62066184
find the ports its using to connect eg usually found under the network settings and forward them then use the DVR app for the model and connect just beware DVRs are easy to PWN
>>
First sorry... DVR, not DVD.

The DVR does not have a web interface. I downloaded JM Integrated Remote Station to connect to it, followed all the instructions but it just doesn't seem to work.

I'm going to start from scratch again.

Both the router and DVR have security passwords (NOT "admin" or "12345") so I'm kind of confident about them being secure.
>>
>>62066184

I think it's fair to is to demand the model and brand of the DVR. Should save everyone a lot of time. A picture of the sticker on the underside of the DVR should be enough,
>>
>>62067510
Yeah. I'm sure that's not a good idea.

But that's part of the issue. There isn't even a manufacturer's name on it
>>
>>62067572
Really sounds like you don't want to be helped then.

Rules, by the way:
"
/g/ - Technology
Images depicting the technology of past, present, and future are all welcome here.
Tech support threads should be posted on /wsr/.
You may use
 tags to highlight syntax and preserve whitespace. To use them, just wrap your code snippets 
like this
"
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.