[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SD recovery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

My SD card fucked up in the middle of some file transfer and is unusable, I've tried running chkdsk but I get that the file system is RAW and it's not compatible.

Anyone knows of a free tool that allows me to recover it? I tried some EaseUS tool but the trial only allows seeing what's in there but not recovering and other tools or the latest cracked version of this that I've been able to find either don't recognize it, like Recuva, or don't show as many files as EaseUS's.
>>
>>62058043
No one gives a fuck. Stop creating these shitty threads because you're too retarded to use a computer and too jewish to buy software which you're not smart enough to pirate.
>>
make a dd image of the stick with windd, mount image with osfmount and deepscan with recuva
>>
You can generally bruteforce your data back. Bits are either 1 or 0 so you can usually restore up to a terabyte in a few hours
Just run
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/[your disk] bs=4096

When its finished you will get a percentage of the data recovered. Generally it will be 90%+
>>
>>62058043
Look up gnu ddrescue. With the disk image you recover from that, use photorec or similar software.
>>
>>62058043
gentoo's normally a meme here but it'd actually help with portage tree having some exclusive SD card repair utilities, most local """tech repair""" locations will actully run gentoo somewhere soley for this reason
>>
Got me some things to do, then. Thanks, guys.
>>
>>62058356
no. thes overwrite data
>>
>>62058356
>/dev/urandom
You need to be more creative than that.
>>
Use photorec, I've used it before to pull files off a RAW partition
>>
>>62058043
We are fucking help desk

Fuck off retard
>>
>>62059142
>>62059181
>>
>>62058043
This is fucking easy.
Open an administrator command prompt, and type in "diskpart". This opens the disk utitility. Then type "list disk" and type the number of the disk it is. Type "clean" and press enter. It'll remove corrupted content and any recoverable files can then be copied from the disk.
>>
>>62058356
This fixes everything
>>
>>62058043
So you have corrupted your partition table where your data ID goes too.

Reformat the partition and press the recover stage.
You cannot recover data if the partition table is corrupted. It is like leaving the access bits on and having to wait for the HDD to finish writing the last bits which never happens.
>>
>>62059401
Literally reformatting is the only option
Another reason why people use RAID 1 or RAID 5 over single disks configs.
>>
Next time install and use Gentoo
>>
>>62059420

how would this have helped?
>>
Use ZAR professional. It's not free but you can easily find it on the piratebay. It does a very well job with recovering data from hdd's and flash memory. Beware that it's a windows program.
>>
>>62059406
>RAID5
dont use raid5
>>
>>62058043
Testdisk
>>
>>62058043

Recover your hard drive? Wtf? Just restore your backups on the new drive Einstein.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.