[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I keep these from falling apart?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

ZS5 has great sound quality, but they fall apart with the slightest breeze. I use my ZS5 in bed to fall asleep but wake up with the headphones stuck in my ears, disconnected from the cables. Moving even a bit, pulls the cables out of the headphones.

The connection is too loose.

How do I keep the cables connected to the plugs?
>>
Glue.
>>
Are those better than the ATE?
>>
>falling asleep with iems

lol idiot
>>
>>62055281
use glue
you could aso use a goo piece of shielded thin and sturdy wire, but you probably don't want to fuck around with that.

just get glue, even some of that might putty (if used right) should work
>>
>>62055326
What do you mean?
>>
>>62055336
>>62055291
I was afraid this was the answer. So am I misunderstanding the company's intention of selling the headphones like this? Is this a standard design?
>>
>>62055683
My personal presumption is that the intention was to keep them from being ripped out of your ears if the cables snag. "With the slightest breeze" sounds too loose for that purpose, but sleeping certainly isn't in the design specs for such a feature.
>>
>>62055281

wrap some duct tape around your head so they don't fall out
>>
Glad my Shure's don't do this
>>
>>62055958

too bad they shure suck though kidlet
>>
>>62055683
Detachable cables are extremely common on headphones and IEMs. Replacing a cable is cheaper than replacing a driver.

Just stop sleeping with your IEMs in you dipshit.
>>
I sleep with mine in no problem, they aren't loose at all. Try buying the gold or silver cables from aliexpress or something.

But it is KZ, quality control is a little suspect, maybe you just got a bad pair.
>>
>>62055281
Buy headphones without bizarre proprietary detachable cables like that, what the fuck.
>>
>>62058968
then spend 50bucks just because the cable tore again? no fuck you
>>
>>62055281
OP just buy a silver upgrade cable. it costs like 7 bucks. or you can simply tape it up.

How good are the ZS5 btw? I'm on the fence on buying a pair. got chinked by refurbished bose. Which headphone have you used in the past and how would you compare them with the ZS5?
>>
>>62059164
Pretty good.
>>
>>62059558
but how good? good enough for 30. or damn good for 30$?
>>
>>62058968
what is an open, non-proprietary cable standard for IEM cables?
>>
>>62059164
Beware of fake drivers.

>>62059752
MMCX
>>
>>62059861
If I buy them I'm gonna buy straight from AliExpress KZ Official Store. Do I still risk fake drivers?
>>
>>62055281
Can't you glue on a little magnet and a piece of metal? To reinforce the connection by increasing the force needed to separate them
>>
>>62059934
The official/real one had fake drivers. Not sure if they still do.
Sometimes chink brands do this on multi driver iems.
>>
>>62060018
well i'm fucked then. where do I buy from and how do I separate original and fake drivers
>>
>>62060018
Fuck off from here wild lee...
Just shitposting on facebook.
>>
>>62060051
Its okay.. Just buy on ali...

This shill from VE electronic always talk bad at other brand..
>>
All you need is a tiny bit of silicon. It is non conductive and you can get it in different colors including clear. You'll still be able to pull the cable out as silicon isn't like glue but it will simply require a little more effort.
>>
>>62060051
You can't, you have to open it up and look.
You shouldn't expect much from a $30 iem anyway, even if it's advertised "multi driver"
Chinks can't into hybrid driver setup most of the times.
>>
>glue
Fucking shills. Just solder it.
>>
>>62055281
>How do I keep the cables connected to the plugs?
Nigga, they're detachable. They're supposed to come off.
>>62055982
True
>>62055324
Fuck. Yes.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.