[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the webdevs the cancer of Software industry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: cancer.jpg (182KB, 683x430px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
182KB, 683x430px
> Most shit languages: Javascript, PHP, Ruby,Go Python and so on.
> Dozens of frameworks reinventing the wheel all the time
> Node.js destroying the Desktop ecosystem with the whole web clusterfuck
> Destroying the mobile ecosystem with the "le hybrid approach XD"
> """"Developers""""" with little to none knowledge about how real software or even computer works
> 90% are SJWs
> No sight of hope.
>>
>>62052116
The world needs ditch diggers. Web devs are the modern equivalent.
>>
>>62052116
whats going on in the pic
>>
>>62052116
>experimenting is wrong.
You can't expect people to come with the best solution without failing a bunch of times.
>>
>>62052303
Failing for a year is alright, gotta find what work.
Failing for 5 years is pushing it but hey you learn a lot.
Failing for 10 years is when you have to stop and let adults handle the situation.
Failing for 20 years and all hopes is lost, just start over.

They had their chances anon and it keep getting more and more retarded.
>>
>>62052257
Obfuscated code. Probably JavaScript malware to redirect the browser to a scam site.
>>
i literally got hired to do web development without a degree

i got out of that jew fest and went back to school
>>
>>62052476
Sounds like you're talking about /dpt/
>>
>>62052116
>> Node.js destroying the Desktop ecosystem with the whole web clusterfuck
Care to explain?
>>
>>62052257
>>62053305
is correct, the charcode part decodes to

"vgp=w.|{};()h0,!1URICmq"xyzEABTDFGHJLMP<+-&/k>'#39Q\
S?*^2$:5_VWXKY4Z678%"

and I've only seen that kind of crap in purposely obfuscated malware.
>>
It's generally safe to assume that any javascript in a webpage is malware, you'll be right at least 90% of the time.
>>
>>62053361
Not him but did they think JavaScript is really going to handle any serious workloads when your company scales up? Most developers learn what's hot, aka what's in demand by companies. It seems clear to me that large tech companies pouring "donation" money into JavaScript is artificially creating demand and thereby artificially creating interest among developers. Pretty soon we'll have nothing but monkeys who learned node who'll never be able to scale up in an increasingly connected world because they didn't sit down and just the boring, old spring. Hurr it makes us develop x times faster! Until you have to switch to a different framework because you need better performance and you need to handle more than simple io
>>
>>62052257
Looks like JSfuck, I've seen some anti-user shit use it, like blockadblock
>>
>>62052116
OP will never be a full-stack dev
>>
>>62053453
This, Web 1.0™ resurgence when?
>>
>>62052116
>js, go, python
>shit languages
KILL YOURSELF FAMPAI

>node.js
>bad
LOL IS JS REALLY TOO HARD FOR YOU?? FIND ANOTHER JOB
>>
>>62053619
This. Why are "true programmer" cucks on /g/ so incompetent.
>>
>>62053588
Maybe after we finally bankrupt the advertising industry
>>
>Destroying the mobile ecosystem with the "le hybrid approach XD"
explain
>>
>>62053619
all shit languages

C++ is love
>>
>>62052116
I made my own compiler in assembly, I know how the fuck computers work you stupid ass nigger.
>>
>>62053619
node.js is one of the most covuluted shitty stuff Ive ever seen. Its a new form of cancer I never thought I'd encounter. Not only is it a messy organized mess, but it just takes the cancer of javascript and turns it up by 11.
>>
>>62053708
You managed to say nothing
>>
>>62053724
thats cause you're a webcuck who isnt a real coder
>>
>>62052116
yes
>>
>>62053732
>coder
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>62053708
the fuck are you even talking about? what do you think node.js is???
>>
>>62053762
it's shit. whoever thought it was a funny idea to throw a bunch of librariers on top of an already bloated platform was retarded

t. use to have to mess with that crap
>>
>>62053328

> i literally got hired to do web development without a degree

Because it's a no-brainer job. Nobody should be nearly proud of being a "JS Guy"
>>
File: 84935.jpg (39KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
84935.jpg
39KB, 709x765px
>>62052257
>>62053305
>>62053424
js everyone
>>
>>62052116
Python is not stricly web development, don't put Python along with all the cancer, you can create a web backend with C++, C# and so on, yet you don't mention it.
>>
>>62053689
Terry?
>>
At least you don't have to work on Visual Basic Script.
>>
File: IMG_5272.jpg (533KB, 1981x1145px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5272.jpg
533KB, 1981x1145px
>>62052116
No OP. BUt these massive faggots are.
>>
>too retarded to learn anything besides javascript
>want to make a desktop program
>wat do?
>code it in javascript and ship a fucking web browser to run your "app"
This kind of shit needs to die as soon as possible.
>>
>>62054035

Python:

> Meme sysadmin scripts (Bash/Perl = better)
> Web backend (ay lmao)
> Scientific Stuff (For random eng/sci guys to plot some shit... Matlab/Octave/Julia = Better)
> To extend another program written on a real programming language. (Lua is better anyway here...)

tl;dr cancer
>>
>>62054123
Honest question: How is Lua better? Never got into it.
>>
>>62054123
Fuck that shit, I'm not learning another langauge just so I can make some tiny project and move on, would rather build up experience with one language that does most things and move on, master the tools that I use with that langauge,

.. though learning more languages would make your resume seem fatter to the plebian HR niggers
>>
>>62054171

> Tiny footprint
> Smaller than Python
> Designed to extend another applications
> Easy af (even minecraft retards can...)
> LuaJIT FFI is a godsend.

> inb4 no batteries included XD

obviously... Lua isn't meant to be a GPL
>>
File: 23atM.jpg (33KB, 528x450px) Image search: [Google]
23atM.jpg
33KB, 528x450px
>>62052116

Umm, I still use PHP everyday for new stuff. I wrote so many libraries for it back in the day to deal with its eccentricities and cross-platform tomfuckery, so my code just works. Syntax is C-like, which I like a lot since I can very easily run other people's libraries through a formatter to make it pretty on my eyes. Everyone makes APIs in PHP so it's easy to add new features to a backend. And the OO features are mature enough that I can make very cool shit without rewritting new libs all the time.

tl;dr: I'm efficient with PHP and it makes lots of money for me. Haters gonna hate.
>>
>>62054243

> PHP everyday
> OO features

pajeet confirmed
>>
>>62054269

You want to taste my curry? It's so spicy.
>>
>>62054239
Thanks bro. Sounds pretty good to me.
>>
>>62054243
>so my code just works
Massive red flag
>>
>>62054425

Code that generates 1d and 2d barcodes works
Code that handles accounting math and rounding errors works
Code that handles backend image processing and watermarking works
"red flag OO code" that runs a web GUI to create custom CMSes with database backend connections in minutes works
Code that handles content and page caching, logins, password encryption, load distribution, geolocation...it all works in PHP

and much more, all built around a carefully crafted logging/debugging boilerplate that allows me to efficiently find bugs and get shit done without having to rely on the IDEs or spend my time groking forums for answers.

I'm not running reddit or some gaming app backend for 4 million simultaneous users, but for a few hundred sessions per minute I have no worries.
>>
>>62054180

brainlet
>>
>>62054019
A friend of mine was asking for a good deal on a laptop and he was wondering if a staples.com entry was ok. Opened it and... 43 blocked 3rd party entries from Privacy Badger
>>
>>62054666
>tries to justify himself
ABORT ABORT, DO NOT HIRE, I REPEAT, DO NOT HIRE
>>
>>62054666
Just because its functional doesnt mean its good. That line of thinking is what led to retarded shit like MongoDB turning into reality.
>>
>>62052116
b8
>>
>>62054832
efficiencylet
>>
>>62054666
fuck them bro
they are just kiddies, too butthurt about not knowing PHP since their school probably doesn't teach it like JS
I also use PHP daily and it's awesome, it's still used a lot in the new stuff so you'll not run out of jobs
>>
>>62052116
literally if you don't write your code directly as hex machine code without using an assembler, then you're a brainlet and no different from webdev
>>
File: 1405629251001.jpg (182KB, 1280x982px) Image search: [Google]
1405629251001.jpg
182KB, 1280x982px
>>62054937
>>62054976
Y'all just mad cuz Satan got trips
>>
Time to go back to plain text files.
>>
>>62054118
You dont need a browser. Gnome de is written in javascript. There is a new de written in html.
>>
>>62055369
>>62055392

> AYO U SAYIN WE WUZ PROGRESS N SHIET

web niggers must be purged.
>>
>>62054937

Don't have to hire me. I run my own business and it sure as hell isn't web devel.
>>
>>62055229

word to ya motha'

I use js a lot too, but all the new frameworks that come out every 3 months don't seem worth the effort since I have crafted my own framework based on PHP and jquery that I gradually update over the years that does 98% of what the latest shit can do.
>>
>>62052116
I put my hope in Facebook. They will bring an end to this mess.
>>
>>62054019
Not necessarily. I've seen PHP using similar obfuscations.
>>
>>62056782
how?
>>
>>62056782
I don't know this is why I said I hope
>>
Who cares about webdevs? Let the retards be webdevs if they want to. My company contracts out all the front-end work to Pajeets out in bumfuckistan, India. They'll work for like $600/week and zero complaints.

The only thing is that you have to stay on top of them, if you leave them alone they'll stretch out the work/be lazy with their code. But if you crack the whip, they're good cheap labor.

tl;dr don't hire american webdevs, its pointless when an indian monkey can do the same for 1/5 the cost.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.