[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sites can detect ublock origin now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: ad blocker.jpg (97KB, 594x700px) Image search: [Google]
ad blocker.jpg
97KB, 594x700px
What do?
>>
im less pissed about the fact they detecf ublock and more pissed about the blatant lying going on in that screenshot
>>
>>62039507
reek's anti-adblock
hosts file
>>
stop using said websites
>>
>>62039536
Reek hasn't been updated in a year. Get uBlock Protector.
>>
>>62039507
what website?
>>
>>62039535
This. Fuck that shit.
>Some features are known to not work while adblocking software is active
What features? The ads?
>>
>>62039835
PCgamer.com
>inb4 /v/
I've noticed more and more sites detecting my ad blocker.
>>
Whenever a site tells me to disable adblock I just cease trying to go to that site, ever. Haven't come across an important enough website trying to fuck with my adblocking to consider changing my policy.
>>
Maybe try adding the offending domains to your hosts file? I don't think they can detect that.
>>
>>62039881
Works on my PC. How long does it take for the anti-adblock to trigger?
>>
>>62039947
2 seconds
Do you also use uMatrix?
>>
>>62039881
>>62039507
Tweaktown used to do this, and they were audacious enough to have autoplay video ads on their page, the complete cunts.
Disabled fagle script. As a general rule use NoScript and only enable what you need to make sites readable. The web is much better with it.
>>
>>62039962
I have no addons other than uBlock Origin. What browser do you use?
>>
File: 1414919313242.png (276KB, 518x428px) Image search: [Google]
1414919313242.png
276KB, 518x428px
>>62039947
>>62039962
Nevermind I disabled a script on uMatrix and now it's gone.

Still strange how they can detect it.
>>
>>62039507

Block at the DNS level.
>>
>>62039881
works for me
>>
Run uMatrix. A surprising number of sites look ugly but let you see the content when JS is disabled, or when first-party JS is allowed but third-party is blocked. The adblock-detector is often a third-party script.

Also,
>make sure you have all the filter lists enabled and updated in uBlock Origin
>Run Anti-Adblock Killer Continued (fork of Reek's, which as some anon mentioned is now unmaintained)
>use a hosts file

>>62040001
Usually it's a script with pretty simple logic. Let page load. Check if there's ads where there's supposed to be. If not, throw a fit. Sometimes they use more advanced addon/plugin enumeration techniques.
>>
>>62039535
There are even worse notices. One of them suggests that there might be something wrong with your internet connection, or that your ad blocker is preventing the page from loading. It also includes a link to the lanik.us forums and suggest going there to complain.

Utter scum tactics, but then advertisers and their thralls have always resorted to the most shitty tactics they possibly can to MAKE people view their ads, rather than making their ads less obnoxious so that people won't want or need to block them.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.