[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dial-Up over cellular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: dialup.jpg (87KB, 1040x780px) Image search: [Google]
dialup.jpg
87KB, 1040x780px
Me and a few other anons have come up with a "fantastic" idea. Net zero still offer free dial-up internet. Using the covergae finder on their site, we discovered what numbers we could call. We just purchased a 3.5mm to RJ10 adapter, as well as a RJ10 to USB adapter. Our plan is to use the NetZero client and start the phone call at the same time with the cell phone hooked up to the auxillary cord, to the 3.5mm adapter, then from there we have the modem connected to the RJ10 adapter, the audio from the phone gets routed to the PC, allowing the computer to communicate with NetZero, giving us slow ass dial up internet access ove the cellular network. Pic Related
>>
>>62038383
It isn't worth the time and effort. The pcm encoding used over cellular networks limits the analog signals used in dialup and effectively lowers the thoroughput to maximize the amount of available slots for multiplexing. Cellular is just not designed to carry dialup.
>>
>>62040854
This and also cellular networks have signal degradation (just like all wireless networks) so packet loss exists.

It's not worth the effort.

Although if you want to continue to do it for educational purposes or whatever do it over wi-fi calling to ensure that you have the best possible strength. Of course this is kinda silly because you'd need existing internet, but it still could be fun to do as an experiment.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>62041186
>using a 56k connection that's being broadcast through a faster internet connection
>>
>>62041717
i said it was silly.
>>
>>62041747
don't worry anon, at least you're not some retard who takes pictures of your screen.

oh wait.
>>
Isn't this why Bluetooth DUN exists?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.