[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future of networking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: b9fYTkvv.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
b9fYTkvv.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
New to the networking world, just getting my college degree atm, all i hear is cisco and was hoping to hear if any other fellow networkers are here who could put their opinion on cisco dominating the market.

And what is it like being a network engineer?
>>
>>62030184
Cisco doesn't really dominate the market, desu. Sure, they deliver switches and solutions to businesses, but so does Juniper and HP and plenty of other providers.
>>
>>62030184
bumping this for interest
getting my ccna soon
>>
>>62030184
Popular but shitty. CCNA doesn't mean you know shit about networking, it's mostly memorisation of Cisco Layer2/3 switches and routers with very basic networking concepts.
>>
>>62030184
in many countries, cisco is the leading name in networking... the thing is if you get ccna, many companies will employ you only for that... because it enables them to access projects with cisco requirements among the workforce. Soyeah, if you go on that road, there is work for you,
>>
>>62030184
This is relevant to my interests. I'm in the same boat as you OP.
>>
What's the best secondary CCNA? I was thinking about security.
>>
Focus on ACI and other SDN solutions because hardware is now a commodity and all of the logic is handled in the software layer. That's the best way to futureproof your career.

With that said, there's no harm in still being able to set up a switch/router from scratch.
>>
File: 1502161037803.jpg (123KB, 750x706px) Image search: [Google]
1502161037803.jpg
123KB, 750x706px
I'm studying Beng (Hons) computer network engineering with a placement year at my university and i'll be getting a CCNA which is provided through the university course, i'm hoping that this along with my placement year shall be enough to get me a decent job straight out of university.
>>
Braindumps for CCNA can be found here
http://www.aiotestking.com/cisco
>>
>>62030888
>no 200-125
>>
>>62030184
They were once good, solid releases but now their so full of bugs you have to disable half of the box before putting it all into service.

Also ccna teaches you 98% routing and fuck all on their switches.

They still are the better choice in the market. You will make money in this field.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.