[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last of my lockdowns to do.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: WipEoutDeceit_03.jpg.jpg (44KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WipEoutDeceit_03.jpg.jpg
44KB, 800x450px
DuckDuckGo, explain. What was the dumb shit behind the founder that makes them entirely untrustworthy? the fact you can't even log in seems fine to me, anything beyond that is autism tier used in conjunction with an anti-track plugin.

Lastly, Windows 10. Was there any way to truely kill the telemetry beyond lowering the visible settings and using a local account? The hosts file is useless, that's hardcoded. I need wireshark/packet-sniffer proven methods.
>>
I've yet to actually hear a credible argument as to how duckduckgo is muh botnet.
>>
wtf i love duckduckgo now
>>
>>62028955
>>62029016
Part of their code is closed source and proprietary. This doesn't mean that they are mining your data, but it leaves the possibility open, unlike shit like Qwant.

I still use DDG because I like the formatting better, and am happy with the results, but that doesn't mean that there aren't privacy issues.
>>
>>62029255
Technically there's privacy issues literally anywhere you go on the internet, since you don't own the line out. You pay the ISP for that.

I would try Qwant but it doesn't even load from Australia, the french connection is literally too slow.
>>
>>62029295
>Technically there's privacy issues literally anywhere you go on the internet, since you don't own the line out. You pay the ISP for that.
VPN, nog.

>I would try Qwant but it doesn't even load from Australia, the french connection is literally too slow.
That's fine. I wasn't telling you what service to use. That said, the reasoning behind a lot of the shit recommended in privacytools.io is sound. DDG used to make the search engine list, but other engines have gone even further than DDG, and this is why it was dropped.
>>
File: 1500049523740.png (2MB, 1701x8000px) Image search: [Google]
1500049523740.png
2MB, 1701x8000px
Here. Use disconnect search like a white man, btw.
>>
>>62029499
There it is, was looking for that. Thank you. Still, nothing about killing the Windows botnet?
>>
Even if ddg would gather data it doesn't matter as much as Google does. There is no, afaik, ddg account to speak of so they have no name to corroborate with that data. Also they don't have email, messages, photos and everything you do on an Android phone.
>>
>>62029617
Have you considered blocking connections on your router?
>>
>>62028955
i used some plugins to monitor cookies and requests, and duckduckgo sent shit to other sites that were not suposed to. i saw that by trial and error ... it is more privat than google, but not enough...
>>
The founder of ddg earlier owned a data company. It thus raises a red flag that the company can sell our data for money.
>>
>>62028955
Windows 10 is the ultimate botnet
>>
>>62031333
It was one of those classmate finder sites where people willingly gave their info. And he didn't sell the data he sold the company to someone else.
>>
>>62028955
>Windows 10. Was there any way to truely kill the telemetry
No. And there is never gonna be one. If you really concerned about your privacy - use a free and ethical operating system. Otherwise - don't even bother, there are backdoors everywhere.
>>62029255
this. You can't trust anything non-free
>Qwant
I actually find it to be better than DDG in terms of search results
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.