[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Email providers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

Why shouldn't I use pic related?
>been running for 18 years
>no ads
>basic IMAP/SMTP support (unlike ProtonMail), and decent webmail GUI
inb4 based in US. I'm assuming that my emails will be collected no matter what. I just don't want them scanned for ads.

Alternatives:
>ProtonMail (running for just 4 years, mentioned before, no IMAP support b/c it's ALLEGEDLY e2e)
>Posteo (ugly website imo, running for 8 years, shitty domain name to say verbally to English-speakers)

Am I missing something?
>>
>>62025814
if you don't give a shit about people looking at your email just use gmail
>>
just use cock.li
>>
>>62026083
not awful, but it's free (meaning Vincent could probably shut down whenever he damn well pleased without telling anyone), and it's been up for only 4 years with 1 complete govt seizure on record
>>
File: 1501803494032.jpg (24KB, 324x278px) Image search: [Google]
1501803494032.jpg
24KB, 324x278px
> paying to use an email provider
> paying money for fucking email
>>
Get an Aktivix account, kid.

http://aktivix.org/
>>
>>
>>62025814
I've been using it for a couple years now, and am happy with it. I like the ability to have multiple aliases.
>>
>>62025814
>>62026301
Get a load of these adbots!
>>
>>62026246
This, there's no reason to pay for personal e-mail.

It makes sense to pay for business e-mail, but even then you're much better off hiring a service like Swishmail.
>>
>>62026249
Get the fuck out of here with that shit
>Aktivix.org affirms common cause and solidarity with a broad spectrum of the political left. However, there are some things which we cannot support. We ask that you do not use aktivix.org services to advocate any of the following:
>* Support for capitalism, domination, or hierarchy.
>* The idea that class oppression supersedes race or gender oppression.
>* The idea that national oppression supersedes race, gender or class oppression.
>* A vanguard strategy for revolution.
>* Population control.
>* Any form of nationalism, including in response to national oppression.
>* Propagation or tolerance of racist or antisemitic content.
>If you disagree with this, then aktivix.org is not for you.
>>
>>62026401
Thread's over, the edgy teenaged shitposter found it!
>>
>>62026401
What's so bad about that? One'd have to be a moron in order to not agree with that!
>>
>>62026401

Shoo shoo, corporate shill!
>>
>>62026266
>2017
>joining a shell service for an "IT-related community" and a free email
>what is IRC
>>
>>62025814
I was paying for Protonmail
I went back to free and paid for Fastmail

sad news: the Fastmail android client is pretty shitty IMO
the protonmail one works better
>>
>>62026249
why the fuck does anyone recommend this?
>>
>>62026477
Because it's privacy oriented.
>>
>>62026451
It's free, you fucking faggot. And you're gonna need e-mail anyway, might as well have that.
>>
>>62026461
I'll just be using some 3rd party email apps anyway. I just need IMAP/SMTP, but the fastmail web ui is pretty nice actually. Or at least better than gmail
>>
>>62026484
>privacy-oriented
>get booted for sending capitalist emails
pick one
>>
>>62026512
Good. You're part of the problem if you do so. Get fucked.
>>
>>62026500
I agree
the website is amazing

the thing is I ended up using the client, because you have push
So i basically paid for Fastmail for the IMAP functionality, and at the end of the day, i don't use it that much
>>
>>62026266
does it have 2FA? filters/rules? I kinda need those features
>>
>>62026676
>2FA
No.
>filter/rules
Use procmail.
>>
>>62026743
Ehh at that point I'm reliant on my own server and I may as well just run my own email setup, which I really don't want to do. Also procmail has been dead since 2001 but I'll assume you mean its successors too
>>
>>62026874
I mean literally procmail.
>>
>>62026526
>it'll totally work this time! 100 million victims of communism don't matter!
>>
>>62025814
Tutanota. Works in Outlook.
>>
>>62026437
>>62026438
>>62026442
Stop samefagging, commie shill
>>
>>62029139
Pretty sure they are only pretending to be retarded. The fact that you are comfortable that an email provider is gonna peruse through your emails, no matter what the reason, is just pure retarded.
>>
File: 1499406009998.png (43KB, 218x272px) Image search: [Google]
1499406009998.png
43KB, 218x272px
>>62029079
a tiny morsel compared to the raw numbers of people that have died under "capitalism"

i dont see ur point.
>>
>>62026132
Vincent uses the cock himself, so he at least has that reason to keep it operational. He's also making money off the VPS service he runs, so he stands to lose a source of income if he pisses people off. Since the servers have been moved to Romania they hopefully won't be getting seized by anyone anymore. If they do he seems to have better backup plans than previously.
>>
>>62026083
wactch out i fax ur email 2 nasa cockli honeypot
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.