[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VMpill me on Qubes OS /g/, is it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: qubes-logo-icon-name-slogan-fb.png (27KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
qubes-logo-icon-name-slogan-fb.png
27KB, 1200x630px
VMpill me on Qubes OS /g/, is it good?
>>
>>62012436
It's shit.
Just like anime.
Just like your entire life.
>>
>>62012456
Since anime is great and my entire life is great, it can be deduced that your definition of shit=great.

So it's not just good, it's great?
>>
>>62012472
Yeah sure thing kid
>>
>>62012490
Please contain your puberty, this is a serious thread.
>>
>>62012436
It incorporates fedora, which means it can't possibly be trusted.
>>
>>62012508
This is a consumerists' board. Nothing serious allowed.
>>
>>62012511
Fedoras are some of the most approachable and well-executed hats currently available in the open-source space, are they not?

Qubes has this on their site:
>The size of the current TCB is of an order of hundreds thousands of lines of C code, which is several orders of magnitude less than in other OSes, such as Windows, Linux or Mac, where it is of orders of tens of millions of lines of C code.
Sounds pretty good
>>
File: laugh-00.jpg (44KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
laugh-00.jpg
44KB, 446x400px
>>62012436
>You can change the Q to a P
>It spells Pubes OS
>>
>>62012573
Your autism levels are hitting numbers never seen by man before.

Quick Rundown on Qubes:
>Shitty bloated blob filled kernel
>AppVMs don't have sound because of the "nature of vm based windows audio drivers"
>GPU passthrough almost impossible to achieve without a billion workarounds
>Can only pass through one GPU
>The bloat of a forceably (for compatibility) non-debloated windows on top of Linux
>wsl for windows is a better alternative

If you don't care about windows application support at all:
Why the fuck would you use this? Just build hardened Gentoo with PAX and GrSecurity, and you're much safer than a million bloated sandboxes.
>>
>>62012705

Sounds like the only automatic retard here spouting bullshit is you. Please don't mislead others with your stupid opinions.

>Shitty bloated blob filled kernel
It has what it needs to do its job. I'm tired of listening to idiots on /g/ call anything that isn't a stripped down to the core "bloated"

>AppVMs don't have sound because of the "nature of vm based windows audio drivers"
Last I checked Linux Vms have sound

>GPU passthrough almost impossible to achieve without a billion workarounds
Because you're introducing possible security vulnerabilities to play your stupid vidya gaems

>The bloat of a forceably (for compatibility) non-debloated windows on top of Linux

That doesn't even mean anything.

>wsl for windows is a better alternative
WSL is a completely different project, and has nothing to with security processes of Qubes.

>Why the fuck would you use this? Just build hardened Gentoo with PAX and GrSecurity, and you're much safer than a million bloated sandboxes.

Why are you suggesting security patches that aren't going to get ported after support for kernel 4.9 ends?
>>
>>62012472
>my entire life is great
Then wtf are you messing around with Qubes OS for, go be a motivational speaker and make bank
>>
>>62012573
>Fedoras
>approachable
That's the first time I can remember those words used in the same sentence.
>>
File: 1.gif (112KB, 220x144px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
112KB, 220x144px
>>62012705
>grsecurity
>>
>>62014746
whomst are you quoting?
>>
>>62015111
If I'm guessing it has to be
>>62012705

As he said GrSecurity in his post.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.