[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4shit Devs Cant Fingerprint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2017-08-20_10-12-49.png (109KB, 899x523px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-20_10-12-49.png
109KB, 899x523px
When are the non-existent devs going to learn to properly identify users so that everyone with a dynamic IP doesn't get punished for it?
>>
>>61999019
ban all dynamic ips
>>
>>61999019
The entire town I live in has static IPs, and the town is still range banned for some reason. So I gotta use a pass to post anyways. May as well use a VPN, too.
>>
Nah because then someone would just generate unique "fingerprints" every time they get banned making it considerably easier.
>>
>>61999038
Ban everyone who doesn't pay their ISP triple for a business connection?
>>
>>61999019
Just reset your router.
>>
>>61999133
And let them smap?
>>
>>61999118
All bans can be circumvented, you brainlet. Fingerprints would just make sure people don't get banned on accident. I can just make like that anon who had the IP before me, and use a proxy, or unplug my router and plug it back in.
>>
>>61999152
*spam
>>
>>61999149
I'm aware of how to circumvent a ban. I just don't want to get off my ass just for 4chan.
>>
>>61999019
Isn't that what the pass is for?
>>
>>61999164
The fingerprint way would be easier and too convenient than waiting a minute for your router to get a new IP. Cookies are unique for instance and can easily be deleted.

Maybe a device identifier would be better (maybe these can be spoofed though on custom firmware phones) or IPv6 (4chan doesn't support this for bans because of it being a hassle to implement).
>>
>>61999229
Yes. It's a good (((solution))) because people are unlikely to buy a new pass every time they get b&.
>>
>>61999019
Dynamic ips already get the advantage of ban evading
>>
>>61999149
With my network if you reconnect within a 24 hour period they just reassign you the same IP address.

Welcome to sticky IPs.
>>
>>61999327
Mine sometimes gets a new one straight away but sometimes gets the same one over and over. I wonder if it has to assign it to another person connecting?
>>
>>61999372
Depends on your ISP most likely

In my case i'm on a fiber ISP, and they pair the OLT to your ONT, so when you request an IP address the OLT specifically sets aside that IP address to be used by that ONT specifically, and it's reserved for a 24 hour period. So if at any point in this 24 hours if you disconnect and reconnect it will just instantly be given the same IP address as before no issue.

If you are disconnected for 24 hours then the IP address is recycled and put back into the pool to be reallocated as needed.
>>
>>61999133
Where I live every ISP provides static IPs
>>
>>61999039
Damn that's gay. Never really understood why 4chan mass bans some countries or cities but yea its lame.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.