[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is literally no reason to buy any of these highest end,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 299
Thread images: 38

There is literally no reason to buy any of these highest end, $800+ smartphones other than "look at me I have the newest and most expensive shit". And even that's a stupid reason since you'll be paying a retarded amount of money for a device that will be replaced and made obsolete within 6 months.

Stop being retarded with your money.
>>
Theres literally no reason not to buy the highest end smartphones for better experience, and, well, looks.

Stop being poor.
>>
>>61997739
>if you don't buy the most expensive things it means you're poor
>I have money therefore I MUST spend it on ridiculously overpriced stuff
>>
File: hilton_poor.jpg (35KB, 423x566px) Image search: [Google]
hilton_poor.jpg
35KB, 423x566px
>>61997762
Just shut up and follow paris hiltons advice
>>
>>61997762
Americans love being stuck in a cycle of paying off stupid shit like phones endlessly.
>>
>>61997730
that's a big hand...
>>
>>61997730
>Smaller Bezels
>Much better performance, can emulate PSP and GameCube
>Good AMOLED high resolution screen
>Type C plug
>More efficient SoC usually
>Much better camera
>Better audio quality

It's a choice, why would you get flustered over how other people spend their money?
>>
>>61997923
>can emulate PSP
5 year old phones can do that too, I don't think you should use that as a selling point.
>>
I make $150k at 22 + side income from betting so I might as well buy myself nice things.
>>
>>61998338
Sure you do.
>>
>>61997730

Guess what, most people don't buy a new phone every year. There's a cycle that can last years, just like there is with people buying new computers/video cards etc. And just like in those cases there are the extreme few that gotta have the latest every year. They're very much into the minority, I would guess less than 5-10% and probably young adults.
So even though there are people buying the latest expensive phones at launch they're not doing it every year as you're suggesting.
Besides, why do you even care other than to try and feel superior.
>>
>>61997730
Having a in that can be rooted is the modern equivalent of not being able to protect your family from bandits. Only limp-wristed men who don't care about their or their family's sovereignty in digital space brush this aside.
>>
>>61997730
>other than "look at me I have the newest and most expensive shit".
I don't think i would even recognize any phone or its price.
It all looks the fucking same.
It takes a retard asking too much of society to delude himself into thinking anyone would recognize what he's using unless they were autistic or in the very business itself.
>>
Dunno, I don't care about video quality, gaming performance or """"""Bezel size"""""" on a device I use for communication only.
>Got myself a 150$ chink phone
>decent screen size
>can browse /g/
>can play music
>can use all communication apps

I don't need anything else.
>>
That's wrong though, I'm still using the Nexus 6 I bought back in March 2015. I intend to keep using it until the battery dies at which point I will try and replace it.
>>
>>61998701
>until the battery dies
Can't you just replace it?
Is my LG the only phone with replaceable batteries?
>>
>>61998721
>at which point I will try and replace it.

These Jews are getting sneakier and building obsolescence into the device, but I heard a lot of people on leddit replaced the battery.
Supposedly it's tough to get OEM batteries though.
>>
>>61997730
I've had my iPhone for literally 3+ years and I will probably have it for another 3 at least.

Seriously, you need to stop projecting.
>>
>>61998738
Oh, i read that as the phone rather than the battery.
>>
>>61997730
you sound like a salty europoor
>>
When will this board get flags so we can spot the 3rd worlders and ignore them? They can't be allowed to have the same say on consumer, or any tech here.
>>
>>61997730
You're right even if no one wants to admit it. If you do anything more on your phone than text, email, phone calls, and use business related apps you're most likely a fucking loser anyways.
>>
>>61998813
>If you do anything more on your phone than text, email, phone calls, and use business related apps you're most likely a fucking loser

So the whole of the smartphone using world are losers? Nice life control for being a hopeless social spastic, dumb NEET.
>>
>>61998813
is listening to music on the phone not allowed?
>>
>>61999200
music is okay
>>
>>61999200
Not that guy but it shouldn't be.
Get an mp3 player or shuffle or something.
The amount of moronic people i see throwing their phones accidentally just from pulling them out of their pockets or such shit and always when they are listening to music, is astonishing.
Especially in the gym. Phones flying everywhere and breaking apart.
Humanity is too stupid for such a task as listening music from a phone. Just clip a small mp3 player to your shirt or something and that's all.
>>
>Sees Galaxy S8 for $1050
>LG G6 64GB Dual SIM with Hi-Fi DAC and dual cameras for $500
>Despite using an older CPU it's less laggy

Samsung is the Apple of the Android world.
>>
>>61999233
I used to bring my phone top the gym to listen to music while lifting, but that's because it was an old smartphone and much more sturdy than today's phones.
>>
>>61999273
Where do you live? Because I just got an S8 for $420, Best Buy is running a $300 off sale. I know for a fact that Apple doesn't do anything like that.
>>
>>61998792
Agree, this board should be more focused on consumerism. And gaymes.
>>
I got my Lg G6 for $120 on Fathers day....
>>
>buying a smartphone that doesn't have removable battery and SD card slot
>buying a phone bigger than 5 inches
>buying a phone dearer than 250 bucks
>>
File: motog3.jpg (302KB, 1800x1202px) Image search: [Google]
motog3.jpg
302KB, 1800x1202px
>>61997730
The moto g3 is one of the best on the market and is pretty cheap
>>
>>61997877
UU
UU
>>
>>61997730
>$800
Still not interested though
>>
I eventually gave up on Windows Phone and bought a $70 Adroid phone and holy shit this thing is unusably slow. I wish WP were still a viable platform, it's god tier for low end phones.
>>
I paid over $1000 for my Google Pixel
Ask me almost anything
>>
>>62000008
how big is your left nut
>>
>>62000008
How laggy is it?
>>
>>62000008
If two astronauts were on the moon and one killed the other with like a rock or something, would that be fucked up or what?
>>
What's a phone that will last me 5-10 years? I take care of my phone meticulously but I notice that software updates tend to force people to update since apps will stop working if your phone does not get support. Currently on Moto E.
>>
>>62000048
Norman sized
>>62000050
It's not
>>62000065
Survival of the fittest, no room for the weak on the moon.
>>
>>62000110
" tend to force people to upgrade*"
>>
The S8 case is literally glued close. And when you do manage to pry it apart you'll find the battery glued as well.
>>
>>62000232
Price you pay for water resistant
>>
>>62000323
Nothing a rubber band couldn't provide
>>
>>62000110
Depends on what you want to do with it. If you just want a phone then anything will last as long as its battery doesn't die. If you want an actual smartphone that stays functional, nothing will last 10 years.

We can't even imagine the sort of technology smartphones will have 10 years from now. Using a 2017 phone in 2027 will be like using a cell phone from the 90s today.
>>
>>61997730
If one can afford nice things comfortably, why not? That's like going to a rich person and saying, "Stop buying luxury cars, get a Honda instead. Also move out of your penthouse in Manhattan and get a 2 bedroom in goofyville instead." just.. why? if you can afford it why the fuck not
>>
File: 1436471404639.jpg (46KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1436471404639.jpg
46KB, 1000x1000px
>>61997923
nobody gave a shit about bezel sizes three years ago and now it's a race to the bottom with this shitty feature no human being even needs

the phone manufacturers decided that you wanted it and everyone fell for it

why the fuck was this even allowed
>>
>>62000561
You can't sell phones just by saying their camera has five sixtillion gigapixels anymore, so now you gotta make them invisible bezels
>>
File: frogpost.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
frogpost.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>62000475
This consumerist attitude is fucking sickening. straighten out your priorities
>>
>>62000603
you're telling me to give up the finer material pleasures of life for no reason.
>>
If you don't waste your money on garbage like socializing, media and travel, it should be well within your budget.
>>
>>61997730
$800 is not that much. Software is the most important factor in the purchase. That's the real reason NOT to buy Samsung or Apple.
>>
>>62000758
>traveling
>garbage
I pity you.
>>
the only reason i'd get a new phone is for a better camera. i have a galaxy s5 from 2014 and it runs great. i replaced the charging port cover a few months ago, only issue i've had.
>>
>>62000446
Thanks anon. My main focus would be great battery life, functional apps and good camera. Extra gimmicks like water res, fingerprint/iris scanner are not necesarry. I still have my note 2 fully functional but my carrier switched from CDMA to GSM so I can't use it anymore.
>>
I have a note 5. It still runs great. the camera is amazing, screen is amazing, battery life is serviceable (I'm not a heavy user). 2015 is when phones got so good that there is now little reason to upgrade. the only reason I'm going to get a Note 8 or an iPhone 8 is because I critically injured my Note 5 and even though it's running fine, I feel like it could easily break at any time. Also, I would like water proofing. And Android is beginning to annoy me
>>
>>62000475
shitty comparison
its not just people who can easily afford it that are constantly buying the latest and greatest piece of smartshit
>>
>>62000814
>pissing away money on going somewhere and back with zero purpose
>>
>>62000958
no, you can easily afford a new phone on minimum wage thanks to plans like iphone forever and monthly installments. the masses live check to check and get by fine.
>>
>>62000767
Which brands are good in the software department then? I just want a phone that doesn't come with a thousand apps added by the manufacturer that I will never touch
>>
File: alex jones mfw.png (103KB, 240x280px) Image search: [Google]
alex jones mfw.png
103KB, 240x280px
>>61997730

>bixby button
a button dedicated for their shitty google assistant clone
>touchjizz
do I even have to say more?

yeah, no I think I'll just pick from the much better options coming our way soon.
>>
>>62000814
>pissing away your money away to get run over by Achmed
>>
>>62000978
I get more of a life changing experience and more nice memories from traveling than I do from using a phone.
>>
>>62000992
Google, Motorola, Sony, Oneplus.
>>
atm i have this oneplus X with some unscratchable backside and ive dropped it like 1000 times and it have not gone broked yet.
no reason to upgrade
last time i checked iphone 8 or whatever next one is is copy this ones design - the unscratchable backside.
>>
s8 is on sale actually OP you piece of garbage

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-s8-64gb-unlocked-midnight-black/5803741.p?skuId=5803741
>>
>>62001021
And maybe Nokia.
>>
>>62001020
>life changing experience

>miss the bus and shit in a bush
>BUT IT HAPPENED IN KUALA LUMPUR
>>
>>61997739
>not just buying a blu r1 hd from amazon,and using a rom

Way to go fags why waste 1k
>>
>>62001050
Whatever, it's not my job to convince you of anything. And you seem determined to not understand any argument I could throw at you anyway.
>>
File: 00000a.jpg (18KB, 471x471px) Image search: [Google]
00000a.jpg
18KB, 471x471px
also
>buying anything super phone exept iphone
why would u do this? fucking same shit as the cheaper ones, same android, same everything
braindead noobs LOL, mr samsung must laugh everyday
>>
>>62001088
iphones are made by the same chinks as android chinks fag
>>
File: 1474351885982.gif (131KB, 382x310px) Image search: [Google]
1474351885982.gif
131KB, 382x310px
>>62001073
This literally happens every time you call a travelfag out on their "life changing experiences" LMAO
>>
>>61997730
What you're saying :stop being retarded with your money.

What I'm reading: OH GOD, MY iPHONE 4 MY MUM IS STILL PAYING FOR IS SO SLOW... STOP MY DEPRESSION I MIGHT COMMIT SUICIDE.
>>
If a few hundred dollars for something you use constantly hurts, rethink life.

Where you can save money is by long replacement cycles. Buy a phone that's proven by early adopters then use it for years.

I have two S4 Galaxies. Hardcased when I got them (styling isn't important) and they remain fine for communication and navigation. If they cease to do what I need of them I'll buy something else. Easy.

I have notebooks and desktops for more advanced use.
>>
I could not find a smartphone general or anything like that, maybe I'm fucking stupid but can someone recommend a good smartphone with a 500-700euro budget?
I just want to play FF Brave exvius and FF record keeper without any slowdowns, watch videos all comfy and use some basic messaging shit.
I'm I would prefer to stay around the 500euro area with price, but I can spare some more on top of that.

I'm fairly clueless about smartphones and I had some extra shifts at work last month so I have some money to burn.

The less bloatware there is on the phone, the better, but I'm sure I can figure out how to disable shit if need be.
Those one plus phones seem to be a hot meme, but I don't trust any random review sites online. Seems like that they consistently shill every turd that comes in.
>>
>>62001283
It's not that it hurts, it's just that it's stupid and unnecessary to spend 900 bucks on a phone when you can get one for 200 that will do basically the same. The enthusiast tier of any kind of hardware is a meme, and smartphones are no exception.
>>
>>62001283
ok, i'll bite:
why do you need two phones and four computers?
>>
>>62001162
but has a user friendly os that dosnt stop responding all the fucking time
my android PHONE app have even stopped responding sometimes, never had that problem with applephone

so i guess u pay for something atleast....
>>
>>61997730
>Stop being retarded with your money.
its my money, I can do whatever the fuck I want dude.
I'm not working my ass off to be a bitch.
>>
>>62001387
he doesnt
>>
>>61998496
I work for a quant trading firm :)
>>
>>61997730
stop being poorfag
>>
>>61998623
Basically this. Not to mention the fact that 99% of people only use their phones for Facebook Messenger or whatever the flavor of the month chat application happens to be, and gaming on a touchscreen is horrible no matter the specs.
>>
can smartphones emulate ps2 yet?
>>
>>61997877
>>61997877
>>61997877
>>61997877
>>
>>61997730
S8 is like 550 $ nowadays.
>>
Is the LG G6 any good? Here it usually sells for $900 but I'm getting a special discount from my carrier for just $350, but I heard the battery is shit and there's no point in rooting.
>>
>>61997730
It's $30 a month for me
>>
>>62002404
Core i7 PCs still struggle to run PS2 emulator games like Tales of Legendia, what makes you think phones will do better?
>>
>>61998701
Got the Nexus 5 back in '14 still using it but now its starting to shit the bed so my phone carrier gave me a free S7
>>
>>61997730
True. I have an iphone 6 right now, only looking to upgrade for waterproofing. Anything else? identical in features. Oh boy a camera that is marginally better-- I have a d750 for when I want to actually photograph things. Oh boy a larger screen-- except I have an ipad when I want to watch something on a mobile screen. Every iteration now just promises more gimmicks like >muh edge to edge screen or >muh thin bezels without actually giving any new functionality.

The worst is that I work with a few of these idiots who autistically froth over the newest gimmicky phones. whenever they get their newest edge-screen phones they have to show me how, look! you can still kind of see the phone on the edge! so cool!

big waste of fucking money
>>
>>61997923
>muh performance

smartphone performance hit "good enough" five years ago. anything now is just dickwaving, you're never doing anything more advanced than decoding a video stream on your phone unless
>muh psp emulation
oh wow you're emulating an old shitty handheld with 0games-- even this was still possible years ago on the 2013-equivalent top of the line phone
>more efficient SoC
battery life has not changed in years
>much better camera
you're still taking snapshits with a shitty wide-angle camera when you could spend even $150 on an entry level point and shoot shit camera and get better bokeh, detail, low light performance, and a physical zoom.
>better audio quality
like.. the speakers? only blacks listen to their phones over speaker. The actual audio decode? android phones have supported flac since forever.
>type c plug
oh wow never mind this changes everything I take it all back, please take my $800 mr. steinberg.
>>
>>62002484
>paying more in installments rather than purchasing outright and saving
tyrone...
>>
File: WaltonSimons.png (346KB, 524x511px)
WaltonSimons.png
346KB, 524x511px
>>61997730
>Within 6 months
>>
File: nokia_150.jpg (14KB, 600x532px) Image search: [Google]
nokia_150.jpg
14KB, 600x532px
How do dumb phones fare these days? I've avoided cellphones my entire life but even civil servants are starting to bitch at me for not having one.

Pic related I guess
>>
>>62002706
Not sure how they do it in the US but here you can choose to pay the phone in installments with 0 interest, they just divide up the price of the phone over 24 equal monthly payments and there's no contract so you can always opt out and just pay the remaining balance. You don't lose any money vs paying outright.
>>
>>62002755
I'd imagine they're excellent at receiving text messages and phone calls
>>
>>62002755
They're perfectly fine if all you want/need is a device that can make and receive calls and send text messages. You know, what phones were originally intended to do.

"Smartphone" means pocket computer that also happens to make calls.
>>
>>62002796
fair enough
>>
File: 1474619114186.png (343KB, 995x872px) Image search: [Google]
1474619114186.png
343KB, 995x872px
>>62002755
>How do dumb phones fare these days?
Better than most smartphones.
>>
>>62002796
>over 24 equal monthly payments

>paying full price for a phone that loses 70% value over the course of 2 years

For that much you could buy a last gen flagship for $300 and use it for a year, then buy the one that's a flagship now for $300 and at the end of 24 months you'd have two phones.
>>
I just want something that is fast, cheap, Android, and works on Sprint. what do?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
Hey senpai, is the Oneplus 5 worth it in the U.S.? Can you use the google play store with it or have to use f-droid?
>>
Should I buy the Google Pixel or get an S8+ with my carrier? I have an iPhone 5 and haven't felt like upgrading until now
>>
>>62001050
>THIS TRIGGERS THE TRAVELFAG/WHITE YUPPIE BACKPACKER
>>
>>61997730
I got it for free through work so I was like "why not?".

But yeah, I agree 100% OP.
>>
>sister has an iphone 5s that works perfectly fine
>she's struggling to pay student loans
>still insistent on buying an iphone 7 for absolutely no reason
i don't get normies, buncha brainwashed twats
>>
File: DSC_7879.jpg (692KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7879.jpg
692KB, 1600x1068px
>>62003176
only poor retards travel aimlessly by backpacking and begging through third world countries. travel can be dope as shit if done right.

>not spending money to travel to far flung places and climb mountains
cmon now
>>
>>62003321
It's the numbers. She has a 5 while everyone else (in her head) has a 7, and she NEEDS to be on the same level as everyone else. Marketing doing its job.
>>
>>62003330
Nice noisy sky m8
>>
>>61999803
I bought a G2 2 years ago for $150 and it's still going strong. It's noticeably slower and crashes more often but other than that it's perfectly usable. Probably going to upgrade soon though. I'm debating whether I should get the 3d or 4th gen or something completely different.
>>
File: DSC_8143.jpg (1MB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8143.jpg
1MB, 1600x1068px
>>62003364
handheld so I was shooting high iso. sorry to trigger ya friendo. have another
>>
>>62003176
>>62001050

t. stays at home all day
>>
File: 11111-w995progressiveblack-1.jpg (78KB, 680x357px) Image search: [Google]
11111-w995progressiveblack-1.jpg
78KB, 680x357px
Other than Zuk Z2's ugly bezels, I dont have any complaints about it. SD820 is enough for 2017. I'm not sure theres ANYTHING it cant do that the S8 or Pixel 2 can, except the NFC shit which i dont care about(and if i did, LeTV has that other phone with NFC for the same price, but not headphone jack)

I'm honestly thinking of going back to a dumb slider phone.pic related... Only issue is i keep my data and phone/txt sims separate so i'll have to lose my data....
>>
>>62003407
jk anon it's an okay picture. I know my camera would do much worse even without the noise, I need to get a new one
>>
>>62003521
NFC is a gimmick of the memest caliber.
>>
>>61997730
Why not buy the top end phone used after six months? Some suckers are selling their used shit after they're bored with them and you can buy practically new phones with warranty with good discounts if you can get by with preowned devices.

Thats what I've done, apart from oneplus one, which was a great deal even brand new
>>
>>62003560
but tap to pay!!! that way not only do i lose all my personal info and important social media accounts, but also my banking shit!!!!

Or just tap it onto your stereo and have it automatically pair!... Which could also be done in ~15 seconds via bluetooth...

Ya, its a stupid gimmik. In some mcdonalds they let you order your food through the tables via NFC... I think id rather just use the big touch screens at the front than have my phone integrated in their Point of Sale machines....
>>
>>62003677
some people use their phones to watch porn and probably touch them with cummy hands afterwards
>>
I've got an Samsung s8 free through work. Upgraded from a huawei p8.

The only difference is pretty much the speed of google maps, but my girlfriend has a s5 and it's pretty much the same so I guess the huawei phone just sucked.

It's very convenient having a mainstream phone though. Everything being designed to work with it is pretty nice, plus it supports all the latest technologies. But that being said, I would never pay more than 400$ on a phone myself.
>>
>>62003706
It's okay though cause my phone is white.
>>
>>62003706
I've never understood this.

My friends all bring their phones to their beds and watch youtube and shit on it whilst trying to sleep. It's like a super widespread thing to do too. Most of them say that is the reason why they like big screens.

Personally I use my tablet/laptop for that shit. Why don't they just get a fucking tablet if that's the reason for the big screens.
>>
>>62003763
Tablets are too big and heavy, a 5 inch smartphone is big enough without being too big.
>>
>>62003804
Except no one really makes quality 5" phones anymore... Other than the Pixel, and ZukZ2(if you want to import it) everything is 5.5"+

I miss the 4.5" screen option. I'm a manlet, so i gotta double-hand the thing once it gets over 5".
>>
It's almost like people buy things to impress other people and fill existential holes within them by buying products they don't need.
>>
>>62003959
I call it my god hole, cause other people fill it with religion. Some try to fill it with Pussy... For me, its chink-shit. LOOK AT MY XIAOMI WRIST BAND AND ZUK Z2!!!! Together it cost 1/4 as much as you plebs paid for your S8!!!
>>
>>61997923
My desktop is far better at most of those things than any phone.
>>
Good luck talking to girls with a shit phone. I'm being unironic here.
>>
>>62003945
>no one really makes quality 5" phones anymore
I guess your standards are way higher than mine. Then again my phone costs 200 bucks, not 700.
>>
>>62004005
>implying a shit phone isn't a good ice breaker where you can be self depreciating ("haha yeah it's old as shit isn't it?") and show the qt that you're not a spergy autist

Never gonna make it senpai
>>
>>62004002
Is it? Think about it Anon
>>
>>62004017
what modern phones are 5". Its pretty much just the pixel and Zuk Z2... And both of those are last years SoC. Even the iffy brands like Meizu or Hwawei dont make 5" phones, since they just buy left over parts from other manufactorers, which pushed them all in the 5.5" area too.
>>
>>62004143
moto g5 is 5 inch and the g5 plus is 5.2
>>
>>62004105
This

Simply having an expensive phone isn't going to get you laid
>>
>>62004211
No, but it doesn't diminish your odds. It's like a pussy prerequisite. Women won't have sex with a man just because he has good hygiene, but they will turn down a guy who hasn't showered in a week.
>>
People won't spend 800 on a phone but will spend 1800 on a PC just to shitpost.
>>
>>62004298
Women are irrational idiots who cares what they fuck. Most women are so dumb they literally don't know how to orgasm.
>>
>>61997730
Got nothing else to spend money on. Might as well.
>>
I can't wait to buy the s8. I have a shitty nexus 5 and I would love to own phone that lasts more than half a day.
>>
>>62004353
Exactly it's not like we can even qualify for mortgages any more.
>>
>>62000561
>the phone manufacturers decided that you wanted it and everyone fell for it
Nobody wanted a smartphone until Apple's marketing dept created the iPhone and drones ate it up. No-fucking-body wanted or needed it, it was 100% artificially created demand to sell shit.

I could still kinda understand it though, add phone functionality to a PDA, sure. But when they started pushing tablets (again, iPad) and the drones started eating this shit up the same and going HURR END OF PC ERA then it was the first time I seriously started to wish that the whole planet got nuked so we could start over.

People are such easily manipulated sheep holy fucking shit.

t. oldfag
>>
>>62004445
Bullshit blackberry basically was a smartphone and everybody wanted that shit.
>>
File: 1484691089146.png (422KB, 597x412px) Image search: [Google]
1484691089146.png
422KB, 597x412px
>>61997730
i bought a galaxy A3 2016 for 50$ and it's still fonctionnal and fast as fuck boii
no reason to buy a phone Worth more than 350 unless you want to show in front of all your underage friends
>>
>>62004298
I get what you're saying but a phone has next to no bearing on how most women will view a guy. The only type of woman who will pass on an otherwise great guy because he has an old phone is a gold digging stacy cunt-- in which case you'd never get her anyways because you'd be competing with her expectations of a perfect 10/10 in every way guy, which is a huge red flag for a crazy chick that you'd never have a sustainable or enjoyable relationship with.

if you're looking just to get laid the #1 thing that will do it over anything else is being stupidly charismatic. I have a chubby balding friend who is legitimately one of the funniest people I've ever met, and he pulls girls way out of his league consistently. they never stick around but he's not looking for that.
>>
>>61997992
Which 5 year old phone can run tekkan 6 or dissidia at a solid 30fps?

>>62000561
>Bigger screen
>Phone doesn't get bigger
What's not to love about shrinking bezels?

>>62002671
Not everyone has standards as low as yours Anon, deal with it.

>>62004002
>His desktop PC fits in his pocket and lasts 8 hours off a 15Wh battery
The future is now! Wahaha
>>
I've largely come around to this attitude after being a consumer whore in my youth. There's some much shit I still need in life before I can justify spending $800 on a phone that I'll replace inside of three years. Maybe one day when I'm out of things to buy that I'll keep for 20+ years/the rest of my life, but but right now in my mid 20's buying shit I know I'm going to replace just seems like a bad investment.
>>
>>62004644
you're confusing high standards with autism.
>>
>>62004661
Really? I can understand if it's just one year but 800 on a phone for three years and that first year being completely top of the line sounds like a good deal to me.
>>
>>62004661
>justify spending $800 on a phone that I'll replace inside of three years
Not to mention you could spend 1/4th of that money and get a phone that, for the average user, is exactly as powerful and useful as the flagship one.
>>
>>62004809
not him but I'll bite

there's not enough difference for me to justify buying a new one. In the early 2010s each year brought a huge increase in performance, battery life, screen resolution, camera quality, etc. Now, everything pretty similar. Each year the needle moves forward 10%. What advantage does a flagship phone from 2017 offer that a flagship phone from 2015 doesn't? You're going to get higher clock speeds, a bit better battery life, and some incremental camera improvements. If you're an absolute crazy power user then maybe the performance will make it worth it, but after the initial smartphone craze wore off (around 2011 for me,) I stopped giving a shit about games or 'the hot new app.'

I listen to music, browse the web, and watch the occasional video on my phone. I take snapshits and send them to my friends via snapchat, which compresses the fuck out of the pic anyway. A brand new phone would only be a good investment if something happened to my existing phone, there's no reason to upgrade otherwise.
>>
>have galaxy j7 2016
>put on a case to make it heavier, thus feel better in hand, add a screen protector for extra durability
>at least 12 hours screen on time
>amoled screen for comfy black theme in keyboard and clover
>very snappy, android 6
>200 dollars

I'm sure there are even better deals at a lower price, but I really like this phone.
>>
>>62004892
>I listen to music, browse the web, and watch the occasional video on my phone. I take snapshits and send them to my friends via snapchat, which compresses the fuck out of the pic anyway.
That's what 99% of idiots who buy every year's flagship phone do too, not realizing or not caring that a $150 phone would be more than enough for what they do.

People don't care about the performance or the features, they just like having the newest thing.
>>
>>62005109
You try doing that shit on a $150 android phone see how many months before you crack.
>>
>>62005228
When did facebook, youtube, internet browsers and instant messaging apps become too heavy for that kind of hardware?
>>
>>62005271
Someone around 2010. You must be insane if you think these app designers consider these apps running on anything but a flagship.
>>
>>61997762
>I can't afford X therefore no else must have any use for X
I'd say drink bleach but you're probably too poor to even afford that.
>>
>>61997730
I only buy higher end phones to get the best possible camera
I dont give a fuck about anything else really
>>
>>62004663
Weak bait.
>>
File: 1490156930141.png (143KB, 645x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490156930141.png
143KB, 645x480px
>>62005228
I've been using a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime since I dropped my Moto X 2014

I went from a SD810 and Full HD flagship to Snapdragon 400 with 800x480 and I don't notice a single fucking difference in day to day use

Android has always been a laggy piece of shit with little nitpicks of lags and stops and cracks and the hardware you throw at it does not change that
>>
> made obsolete within 6 months
The usually last several years.

I've got a g5 now and I see no compelling reason to upgrade to a G6 or S8

The majority of people buy their phones on contract/subsidized.

For them, the upfront cost is only 200-300 bucks and the rest paid off over 2 years.
>>
>>62005393
Why not buy a real dedicated camera then?
>>
>>62002963
the play store icon literally on the phone's screen in that picture
>>
File: 61ykfRRMhGL._SL1200_.jpg (102KB, 1200x895px) Image search: [Google]
61ykfRRMhGL._SL1200_.jpg
102KB, 1200x895px
>>62005393
Why not just get a $200 point and shoot? This shitty point and shoot outclasses every smartphone camera on the market.
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSCWX220-Digital-Camera-2-7-Inch/dp/B00M9AB81O/ref=sr_1_17?s=photo&srs=2530478011&ie=UTF8&qid=1503264831&sr=1-17

It's also about the same size as one, so it's not like it's too bulky.
>but m-muh social media via phone
camera connects to smartphones via wifi for easy transfer

just admit you're a retard and want the newest most expensive phone for no reason.
>>
>>62005617
Ok. I'll also start lugging around a dedicated compass, calculator, black notebook for contact info, MP3 player, flashlight, personal PDA to keep track of appointments, stopwatch....

or, I can get by a good phone. $800 (if that, wait a month and there are always deals) every 2-3 years is fucking nothing to me. No reason to skimp out on something you use everyday if you can comfortably afford to.
>>
>>62005713
>all I care about is photography
>but I don't care enough to 'lug around' a camera that is smaller than my smartphone

what's the point of being interested in something if you're not even going to give the bare minimum effort?
>>
>>62005734
Top of the line phone cameras are more than good enough, and to deny this and suggest a 200$ point and shoot as "Better" is fucking retarded
>>
>>62005780
The point n shoot is better by virtue of having a bigger lens and sensor and optical zoom.

Don't get me wrong smartphone cameras have come a very long way, but if you're remotely interested in photography even the camera on a $900 phone won't really cut it in most situations
>>
File: dslrsensorssizeedit.jpg (47KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
dslrsensorssizeedit.jpg
47KB, 800x601px
>>62005780
>smartphone camera
>tiny sensor size
>wide angle lens meant only for capturing snapshits
>no optical zoom
>awful low light performance

>$200 point and shit
>optical zoom
>telephoto lens with varying focal length
>acceptable low light performance
>larger sensor size for higher quality images

it's just funny that your most important feature of a phone is the camera and you don't know dick about cameras.
>>
>>62005851
Are there any smartphones with optical zoom?
>>
>>61998338
Hi I'm looking for a sugar daddy!

Drop your Discord?
>>
>>62005851
>muh zoom

Having a prime lens is the best thing about phone cameras.
Because it means they can have pretty decent apertures, I think f/2.2 is standard?

P&S with shitty f/5.6 zoom lens will perform worse, even if it has a sensor that is 4 times bigger.
>>
>>62006361
Nokia has a few with minimal optical zoom, and the new trend is to add two different focal length lenses and switch between the two for "zoom".

>>62006447
you're not going to have a f/5.6 aperture on a wide angle point and shoot.
this p&s >>62005617
has f/3.3 at its widest, but the increased sensor size will more than cover the difference between that and some tiny as fuck smartphone sensor for low light performance. any $150+ point and shoot will outdo a smart phone in any shooting conditions. buying a smartphone for the camera is like buying a high end audio setup and listening with $10 earbuds.
>>
>>62005851
>Comparing DSLR cameras to smartphones when discussion is about point and shoot cameras
Anon...
>>
>>62006490
>the increased sensor size will more than cover the difference between that and some tiny as fuck smartphone sensor for low light performance.

It has a 1/2.3" sensor
Typical phone camera has a 1/3" sensor.

That's a 1.3X crop factor between them.
f/2.2 x 1.3 = f/2.9

So even at the widest settings, it actually performs WORSE than a typical phone.
And you only have to zoom in a little to make it a lot worse.

If you want to buy a dedicated camera buy a decent one, none of this 10X zoom crap.
>>
is f/2.0 good for a phone camera?
>>
>muh dedicated camera
Who cares? The s8 has a good enough camera for anyone not into professional photography for a living, great for capturing moments you want to remember with just a point and click.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-S8-vs-2000-mirrorless-camera-and-DSLR-Ultimate-camera-face-off_id94035

>>62006604
Mine is f1.8, most are f2.2, so yeah f2.0 is decent. What about the pixel sizes though? Image stabilisation?
>>
>>61997923
>Much better camera
Much more polished turd, you mean
>>
>>62006604
It really depends on the sensor size.

Aperture times crop factor is a good indication of how well a camera performs (lower = better).
>>
>>62006622
No need to get salty just because you're jealous. I'm sure your cheap chinkphone has much better battery life than most modern flagships.
>>
I really like my s8+, would only upgrade from it for a on screen finger print scanner
>>
>>61997730
>400$ chinkphone
>almost flagship specs
>64gb space
>5.5inch screen

Really activates your almonds.

I probably could of gotten away with $250 phone but being a europoor I needed my 4g bands.
>>
>>62006615
>Image stabilisation?

Overrated with a wide angle lens.
People become blurry because they move, not becasue the cameras moves.
And for static subjects I would always try to find something to rest the camera/phone on, not rely on stabilization.
>>
>>62006615
>phone vs. video camera vs. old $150 tops entry-level DSLR with shitty kit lens.

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>62006663
I'm not "salty" or anything but you gotta be really deluded if you think a smartphone camera is going to take low light pictures without shitting out a massive noisefest.
>>
>>62005734
I don't care about photography as a hobby, I just want to be able to take pics on a spur of the moment without it being complete potato quality. I can't always have a camera with me, but I do have my phone.
>>
>>62006691
>My use case is everyone's use case
>Anyone not using it like me is wrong and their opinion is disregarded
Cool.

>>62006776
Static images on smartphones in low light look fantastic now thanks to manual controls and image stabilisation.

Is the moving images that still look like shit.
>>
File: f9e9a4fede2680bee3690ef0c6f3a6.jpg (71KB, 800x777px) Image search: [Google]
f9e9a4fede2680bee3690ef0c6f3a6.jpg
71KB, 800x777px
>>62006806
Stabilization being more useful on telephoto has nothing to do with "use case".

I have this ultrawide with stabilization.
It does absolutely nothing.
>>
File: gig-comp-1.jpg (124KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
gig-comp-1.jpg
124KB, 600x403px
>>62006875
It does help regardless of whether you want to believe it or not.
>What OIS lets the Nexus 5 do is to increase exposure time without resulting in blurred images caused by the natural judder of your hand. Longer exposure time equals more light, which equals less noise.
>The results are clear. The Nexus 5 produces far superior photos in this situation, with much more detail and far greater clarity.

>Looking at the EXIF information that’s a part of any standard photo, and we can see why. In poor lighting, the iPhone 5C shoots at ISO 2500 with a 1/16 second exposure. In the same conditions, the Nexus 5 uses a much longer 1/6 second exposure and a curiously exact ISO 1624 – lower sensitivity.

>It can afford to lengthen the exposure (and therefore reduce ISO) because of optical image stabilisation.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/google-nexus-5-camera-page-5#w03CkgZkY1687C8t.99
>>
>>62003804

Yeah too big for carrying around but vastly superior for internet browsing at home.
>>
>>62006926
Did that OIS magically make the drummer stop moving his drumsticks?

Because at 1/6s it will be blurry as fuck if he's actually drumming.
And so will be anyone who isn't keeping perfectly still.

To shoot people you need to be at around 1/50s.
Which you can easily do with any wide angle lens.
>>
>>61997739
must be exciting to know that you spend your money for companys that literally shits on you
good goy
>>
File: NETS.jpg (431KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
NETS.jpg
431KB, 1600x1064px
>>62006985
>Image stabilisation does absolutely nothing
>Does OIS stop moving targets from moving

My God you're one dense fucker. No one here claims smartphones can take good low light images of a moving target. OIS simply helps take less grainy images by allowing for a longer excuse like exposure by compensating for hand trembling.

For any low light image that would be quite a massive advantage.
>>
>>62006978
At home where you likely have a desktop or even a laptop that does it better? Tablets are always a meme.
>>
>>61997730
Aside from the S8 which is the greatest phone ever made by far I agree.
>>
>>62003945
Sony put out a pretty solid phone with a 4.7 inch screen last year. Only real downside is no custom rom support that I know of and I'm not sure if it's rootable.
>>
>>62007070
So you admit I was right about moving subjects, good.

Not on to non-moving subjects.
Here I said that finding a stable platform is the way to go.

Yeah, you can take a crappy shot at 1/6s that's still noisy as fuck - not as horrible as one without stabilization but still no keeper.

Or you can find something to rest your phone on and ideally use a self timer.
Now you can take an actual long exposure at base ISO.
It will look amazing and any girls seeing it on snapchat will instantly want to suck your dick - too bad you're gay.
>>
>>62007172
>greatest phone ever made
Until they make a better one next year, and then another one better than that the following year, etc.
>>
>>62004445
mobile computer aside from laptops was a shit show. I had a ton of Palm OS devices and they were all fucking slow, ate batteries, and horribly expensive.

Even if you hate Apple at least give credit where it's due.
>>
so today i found out s8 plus has a better camera than my iphone 6
wtf why did nobody tell me this, how come the iphone has the best camera meme is allowed to exist
>>
>>62000993
I prefer extra buttons than no ports
>>
>>61999912
Why?
>>
>>62007397
>Even if you hate Apple at least give credit where it's due.
I will give them that, Apple showed people what could be done with hardware at the time and it was amazing.
They are great at marketing and being the gatekeepers of 'cool'

Things might have turned out different if blackberry didn't sit on their hands for a decade
>>
>>62004445
>remembering the late 2000s makes you an "oldfag"
>>
>>62009209
most people on 4chan now were quite literally born after 2000, you can see it in the sharp increase of 2005-2010 nostalgia threads
>>
>>62002148
no you dont
>>
>>62009209
It doesn't necessarily, but I was born before 1980 so I kinda have a different perspective on things and once again, holy fucking shit people are such gullible literal puppets of media and marketing depts. Also what >>62009230 said.
>>
all I want is a phone with the specs of the Moto G5 on which I can run Arch Linux
>>
>>62004661
I'm 24 and right now in the process of selling my "gaming PC" & old laptop for either a T440s/T450s or some X1 Carbon 3rd/4th gen—still using my Moto G that I got years ago and don't plan on switching. I feel like we are hitting a plateau here soon enough
>>
>>62009532
The plateau has happened largely because of developers wising up to the fact that they only need to drive innovation so far. I used to upgrade my pc every 2 years religiously in the 2000s. Now it's about every 4 years, and even then it's just the GPU. Could I be getting max performance at 144hz if I went for a 1080ti instead of a 1060? sure, but do I need it when the most demanding shit I play runs fine? Still, everyone pushes you to max out your shit with superfluous top of the line internals, but you really do not need that shit.
>>
I have the following phones: BlackBerry q10, BlackBerry Q5, BlackBerry Leap, moto G5 plus, moto g 3rd generation, galaxy s7, Sony Xperia X Compact, BlackBerry Priv, lumia 640 and a Nokia e73 mode.

I want my phone to have good battery life, be grippy, have support for webm, be LCD display, and not be giant. My main uses for the phone will be porn, media, YouTube, a lot of file management and sorting (most important), and text messaging.

What's the best phone for me to use?
>>
>>62005713
>I'll also start lugging around a dedicated compass, calculator, black notebook for contact info, MP3 player, flashlight, personal PDA to keep track of appointments, stopwatch....
Why? Any phone will do those things decently, and you have your camera to complement it. Stop acting like there is no middle ground between having the latest smartphone and carrying a bag with every device possible, you consumerist retard
>>
>>62004644
>Which 5 year old phone can run tekkan 6 or dissidia at a solid 30fps?
Samsung S5 series. Probably others.
>>
>>61998660
your life is small and insignificant, your phone choice reflects that to society
>>
>>62010209
t. Tim Crook
>>
>>62010184
>you consumerist retard
you're the one advocating spending money on a superfluous gadget here
>>
>>62010325
It's better to buy a $200 camera and a $300-$400 phone than an $800 phone when the former has better performance.
>>
>>62010573
your $200 isnt worth much unless you carry it around everywhere
>>
>>62010205
That's only 3 years old you idiot.
>>
>>62010625
Is that too tiresome? Put it in your pocket
>>
>>62003706
I dont really care. It'll clean out in my pocket.

Do you sit on your friends couch? Guess what, it probably has cum and vaginal fluids on it. Your friend shows a youtube video off his device and you hold it? Yeah cum everywhere.
>>
>>62004005
If a girl isnt interested in you because of the phone you have in your pocket, you have dodged a bullet
>>
>>61997730
Just got myself an s8. Since it fit all my requirements. I don't tell everyone that I got a new phone
>>
>>62004892
> What advantage does a flagship phone from 2017 offer that a flagship phone from 2015 doesn't?

In my case, waterproofing was one the most important things I wanted when I replaced my oneplus one. Battery degradion is another as I couldnt find proper OEM batteries for it on ebay, I tried two and replaced the 1+1 battery but had to return the original to use as it held the charge better than new replacements I tried.

Other than that, not so much. My 1+1 runs 7.1.2 android well and serves as a backup device.
>>
>>62004932
Do those cheap samsungs have lineage os support? I could buy one for my wife
>>
>>62004005
I whip out my Nexus 4 all the time and still get plenty of pussy.
>>
>>61999912
>verizon
don't worry you'll make up the rest in your first bill
>>
>>61997923
>why would you get flustered over how other people spend their money?
I think you forget that you're on four chan dot org slash g
>>
true, just get new, clean os on old phone
>>
>>62010948
Does your wife care about that ?
I don't really know. I didn't even root it as I saw no need for that.
Btw don't get anything lower than 7 ( like j5 or j3 or j1 ) because they have worse performance.
Pic related is mine.
>>
File: 1253150658406.jpg (34KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1253150658406.jpg
34KB, 375x500px
>>61997730
>tfw work buys your phones for you.
>tfw last time you bought a phone the keyboard slid out.
>>
>>61999233
Why on earth would I want to limit myself to such a small selection of music when I could use streaming services, and choose from a limitless selection?
>>
>>61997730
CURVED SCREENS IS A HORRIBLY STUPID USELESS FUCKING MEME STOP IT SAMSUNG
>>
>>61997730
>don't spend $800 on a smartphone cuz it'll be obsolete in 6 months
>don't spend 1k on a laptop cuz it'll be obsolete in 2 years
>don't spend money on food cuz we're gonna die some day
just stop being poor
>>
>>62011451
Are you blind?
>>
>>61997730
The more money people spend on this shit, the more companies have the resources to develop actually neat tech. It may seem pointless now but in another 10 years who knows how much more impressive it'll be.

It'll also be an inescapable botnet but that's beside the point
>>
>>61997739
Do you think rich people become rich by wasting money on useless stuff?
>>
>>62012284
enhance
>>
I almost want to get a Galaxy S8 just for this, typing on a touchscreen is cancer
>>
>>62004005
Why the fuck would you want to spend time with people who judges others based on something as insignificant as what phone they're using?
>>
>>62010625
A $200 point and shoot has a smaller footprint than a smartphone you dipshit
>>
>>61997730
If you're upset about it, try being less poor.

What others choose to spend their money on is none of your concern, but what you want and let others enjoy that same luxury.
>>
>>62005375
>>61997730
>>61997739
>Spending money like there's no tomorrow, even if you're not in a position to do so
>"P-p-poorfag"
>>
>>62012624
When Xiaomi, Honor, Lenovo phones surpassed other manufacturers in price/performance ratio, why would you spend twice as much money on comparable devices?
>>
I picked up an LG G5 for $135 dollary doos a couple weeks ago. Pretty good. HTC10's are still 200+ used sadly. V20's are typically 250-300 bucks. I'd say that's better than getting a new mid range motorola/lenovo phone although those can be nice.
>>
>poorfags too poor to afford iphones like everyone else

ROFL
>>
>>61997730
VR suitability is one reason to buy a high-end smartphone, though I do agree most apps won't use anywhere near the power of top-of-the-line smartphones.
>>
File: 1490197827444.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490197827444.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>not spending money on the most important object in your life next to your car, PC, and house
>buying a $200 chinkberry every year to play catch up with a flagship owner who strides on by with their future proofed phone for three to four years if they're not a clumsy cunt

$800 is not that much for even two years of use if you have any sort of job. Do you also like to drive a used 2006 Prius because you see cars as appliances?
>>
>>62013373
This.

Although to be fair I get by with a $300-400 chinkphone that I upgrade every year and a half approximately but simply because it's adequate for me.

It's also about choice.
>>
I make pretty good money and realize that only a simpleton pleb wastes money on baubles. $1000 cash is nothing, but paying that for a phone is for suckers. And most suckers you see with $1000 phones are on plans anyway.
>>
>>62013426
>>62013373
It's about consumerism, which is a disease. Not a choice.
>>
>>62013274

Anyone impressed by the pittance that a consumer toy costs is a pauper.
>>
>>62013585

Consumerism drives capitalism and enables us to live so richly in the US
>>
I miss my Nokia N97 so much.
It's a shame symbian died.
I only retired it because after 5 years the micro usb port was failing
>>
>>62013585
>>
>>62013875
Good! Spend your money without abandon my go-friend!
>>
you should always buy high end tech gadgets because they have a high resale value, this way for about 500-1000 dollars every 2-3 years you can buy the newest thing (and sell your old thing) and always have premium products. alternatively you can pay 200-400 one off some something that is worse, and you are stuck with it for 6 years until you pay another 200-400 for it's replacement. the difference in price is not worth the loss of performance. assuming you earn at least 35k a year and the cost of living is under 15k a year, you should be able to set aside 10% of your net disposable income (10-15k, so 1000-1500) on new technology.
>>
>>61997730
I bought my nexus 5 ages ago.

Turns out I don't use it for anything but texting and making calls, and the occasional wikipedia lookup.

I'm glad I didn't spend more on it.
>>
>>62013585
You choose to participate in your own forms of consumerism. What are your PC specs, by the way?
>>
File: 1498559456671.jpg (154KB, 629x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498559456671.jpg
154KB, 629x720px
>>62009421
You're actually lying about your age to impress some loser on an anonymous Chinese trading card forum. That's actually pathetic.
>>
>Z3C bought used for 90 bucks
>4 and a half hours SOT
>Runs everything smoothly, I use it for work where I teach English online to kids, 20$/hr
>Gets slightly overheated when using it for more than an hour, but never throttles
>Dock, magnetic charger, 2 cases cost me a grand total of 7 bucks
>Phone is slim enough to be pocketable, even though I'd like it to be smaller
>Runs most of the games I want it to with the SD801, 2GB RAM is just right for multitasking.
>64GB microSD that has my whole music collection on it
>Only problem is that it can't record video with flash/torch on because it gets overheated really fast and forcecloses, but I never use it anyway so it doesn't make much of a difference. Also flap needs replacing for waterproofing, but that's the only thing.

Not saying it's the perfect phone, but pretty damn good for $90.
>>
>>61997730
Warranty.
>>
>>62012215
or download what you like and stop spending 10 minutes to find a song that is meh
>>
>>62012624
>implying im not in the position to do so
silly projecting poorfag
>>
Is the Redmi 4X any good? I've been thinking about a new phone since my old one is starting to die and this seems like a good deal for a chinkphone. That being said I've been burned in the past by buying chinese shit, can't decide between this and galaxy j7 which is a bit more expensive but probably will last longer.. What do you guys think?
>>
>>61997730
Lmao stop being a fucking poorfag. Like I give a fuck about $700-800 per year.
>>
File: 1502058506126.jpg (97KB, 832x1235px) Image search: [Google]
1502058506126.jpg
97KB, 832x1235px
>>61997730
Meme screen and impossible to play LoveLive SIF correctly.
I keep my One M7.
>>
>>62014764
That screen is about thrice as good as the LCD crap on your outdated piece of shit.
>>
>>62014961
Wow you sure seem like to enjoy all that 18.5/9 ratio content
>>
File: IMAG1649e.jpg (999KB, 1600x905px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1649e.jpg
999KB, 1600x905px
>>62014764
I had to temporarily revert back to my old M7 that can't hold a charge recently. I do not miss that fucking screen, but the DAC in it is amazing compared to the one I had in my S7 Edge. Tried to find an HTC 10 that didn't seem sketchy, but the ebay offerings are terrible. S8's meme screen is hard to argue with even with its shittier DAC and fragility.

Also, the M7 survived a 100 foot slide down a 50 degree stone face after I failed to take an aesthetic picture of a desert iguana eating flowers.

>>62014998
It's pretty good for text and websites.
>>
The OnePlus3 (not even 3T or 5) is the best phone on the market for the price by far. It's literally perfect and dirt cheap nowdays. It's sanic fast, rock solid, reliable as fuck, can be modded, has top tier build quality and a good screen. You'd have to be a complete retard to buy anything else. I honestly don't know how they did it, considering the OnePlus 5 is complete shit by comparison and also costs 150€ more.
>>
>>62014998
I enjoy perfect black levels, vibrant colors, over 1000 nits and quick response time. Even with black bars you still have more screen than on your turd.
>>
I like my S7.
Haters gonna hate.

>tfw smashed corner of it recently ;_;
>>
>>62015017
Yes the M7 is super solid, 4 years and only some small scratchs on the back.
A shame about the battery, network components that die and low volume calls.
I'm tied between an HTC 10 or a Xiaomi mi5s.
Which one is better ?
>>
>buy iphone
>new iphone comes out, purchase
>sell old iphone
>because of ridiculous apple resale only have to spend $100 out of my own pocket each year.

It makes 0 financial sense not to upgrade.
>>
>>61997730
Tfw just bought a $100 chinkphone from ebay.

Paying for luxury branding is retarded.
These chinkphones use the same fucking components bc the factory that makes them is just down the road from them.
>>
>>62015101
I wish I knew. If the HTC 10 was available in any other color than red, I would have bought it and skipped this generation of flagships. Mainly for the sound processing though. Don't know how important that is to you, but it's definitely a worthwhile successor in that realm to the M7. What a waste for HTC to go in the direction of the U11.
>>
>>61997730
Purchased new Droid turbo (Moto max)
4000mha
OLED 1440p
64gb 4gb ram
Paid 250$
Seriously this phone punch a lot of capacity. I'm staying on this for as long as battery holds. I don't need to play manchildren cellular games
All mail/news/shitposting all day without recharging
>>
>>62002755
>I've avoided cellphones my entire life but even civil servants are starting to bitch at me for not having one.
How the fuck do you not have a cell phone?
I stopped using landlines nearly 9 years ago.

That said, stayed away from smart phones until last year. Before that I had a cheapie like that phone. Worked fine for calls and messages. No internet though.
Smartphones are great for emails I find. But also a major distraction with media, music players, 4chan apps (like dashchan) etc.
>>
>>62002796
I do this too.

It's fine. Better than paying a lump sum when you need to pay rent, etc and it's hard to secure that amount of cash.
Downside is locking.
>>
>>62002502
What about core i7s with GTX ?
>>
>>61997923
>can emulate PSP and GameCube
Why would you need that on a phone?
>>
>>62015210
To play once just to prove that you can and then never do it again. Is that not how you emulate?
>>
File: IMG_20170726_132026.jpg (730KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170726_132026.jpg
730KB, 1500x1125px
>>62003330
>>not spending money to travel to far flung places and climb mountains

yee boi
>>
File: CW61EEHUkAAtJgV.png (396KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
CW61EEHUkAAtJgV.png
396KB, 600x457px
>>62015210
>>
>>62015208
"GTX" doesn't mean anything and the graphics card has little importance in emulation anyway
>>
>>62015145
ZTE makes some decent cheap phones. Biggest issue with chink phones is the band support in the USA.
>>
There's no point in buying or doing anything, we're all going to die anyways. Maybe you should get a head start by killing yourself!
>>
>>62015646
I mean without relying on the graphics of the intel.
>>
>>61997730
Except I spend 1-2 hours a day phone posting and Internet browsing.

Roughly equivalent to the amount of time I spend sitting at my desk to in a day.

So why not spend as much on my phone as I do on my desktop? I upgrade both every 4 years, tho I do put a new battery in the phone after 2.
>>
>>61998563
>Guess what, most people don't buy a new phone every year.
This.

I buy a flagship phone once every 3-5 years.
>>
>>62000117
>Norman sized
So pretty big then.
>>
>>62002963
Don't fucking buy a OnePlus. I made the same mistake with the OP3. It crapped out after a year of me babying it because it's the most expensive god damn thing I own. And its not even getting any more updates.
>>
>>62014413
Are you Bill Gates?
>>
>>61997730
True, but we all spend money in ways others wouldnt.

Dont have your hand in other peoples wallets.
>>
>>62014002
Why would I lie about it on an anonymous imageboard? Why would I lie about it in this thread of all places?
>>
>>62003379
I use g3, very good and the last good one they made. G4 has lots of problems
Thread posts: 299
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.