[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OpenGL programming is retarded. Is Vulkan any better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: spock.jpg (30KB, 1536x573px) Image search: [Google]
spock.jpg
30KB, 1536x573px
OpenGL programming is retarded. Is Vulkan any better?
>>
File: IMG_4406.jpg (84KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4406.jpg
84KB, 500x482px
No, you still have to take a lot of steps to send vertices and fragments to the GPU and tell it how to draw. Every rendering pipeline is mad work
>>
I'm following a tutorial on how to draw a triangle and after a day and 500 lines later I still haven't finished writing the startup code to be able to make draw commands.
>>
vulkan is more low level so of course you have to break down everything to retarded levels of hellish shitpuke
>>
>>61997608
Vulkan > openGL > dx9 > anything else
>>
>>61998479
It's a low-level API.
Dev-to-triangle time is supposed to be long.
>>
>>61997608

Vulkan games crashes when you try to record them with software like OBS etc

apparently, Vulkan doesn't have a record API in it.

garbage desu
>>
>>61997608
500 lines for a triangle.
>>
>>61997608
if you know low level access then yes
>>
>>61998841
Thats totally inaccurate. I did a triangle in 400
>>
>>61998836
You're a nigger, anon.
>>
>>61998841
500 lines isn't honestly much
>>
I'll wait until market is full of hardware that can support it before I'll even bother looking at it.
>>
>>61998948
Mind you, I haven't even started drawing the triangle.

While we're at it, any good tutorials on Vulkan?
>>
>>61999631
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/api-without-secrets-introduction-to-vulkan-part-1

by like part 3 you should get your triangle
>>
>>61998836
So you care more about recording video than over 100fps with ease on new doom
>>
>>61999795
if you can record video, no vidya will use it because youtube and shit is the biggest marketing platform
>>
>>61999631
If you want to draw triangles in one line, use libraries, frameworks, etc. Any low-level API requires a lot of tedious work.
>>
>>61998841
Yes, it takes 500 lines to draw a triangle, and most of the code is pipeline/device/anus preparation boilerplate, the actual triangle drawing code is not even in your Vulkan code but in the shaders anyway, and the shaders aren't 500 lines to draw a triangle.
>>
>>61999795
>new doom
>playing benchmarks with tacked on game
This game is an insult of low quality.
>>
>>61999953
Vertex and fragment shaders aren't the drawing code, they define some properties, e.g. colour. The actual drawing code is defining context and vertex buffers for geometry.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.