[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a bricked android phone, it wont turn on at all after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: android.jpg (16KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
android.jpg
16KB, 300x200px
I have a bricked android phone, it wont turn on at all after I dropped it, is there any way I can recover the files I had on it from its flash storage?
>>
>>61989709
Depends on what got damaged. Try connecting it to your PC with a USB. See what happens.
>>
>>61989747
I don't have a computer yet, I mean is there any way to recover the files besides doing that?
>>
>>61989787
Well, you can't turn on the phone, so what exactly were you thinking you could do?
>>
>>61989875
Open up the phone and dump the nand?
>>
>>61989787
Take it to a chink shop and they'll have it done in 60 seconds.
>>
>>61989915
I want to do it myself.
>>
>>61989787
Option A) You'll have to replace everything besides the motherboard and see if it turns on

Option B) If the motherboard itself is damaged and it isn't just the screen or the battery, you'll need one of these:

http://hardcoreforensics.com/blog/2012/01/02/arduino-mega-direct-reading-of-a-nand-flash-memory-chip/
>>
Give it back Jamal
>>
>>61989961
I want to dump the nand directly and extract the files from it.
>>
>>61990097
That's what a nand reader is for, yeah. I should mention that you don't need to wire it up to an Arduino, you can buy USB ones for like 10 bucks from eBay and similar sites.

Dump the contents of the flash, extract the /data partition from it, mount it on a Linux machine or a VM, copy your files to a backup location, job done in about half an hour if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>61990147
Is there a tutorial for doing this with a samsung galaxy s5 and s7? I don't want to mess up doing it completely by myself.
>>
>>61989709
>using android.
Top lel.
>>
>>61990187
Probably. It should be fairly universal, especially with Samsung devices. As >>61989915 said though, you may be better off just taking it to a repair shop somewhere and asking them to dump it for you, since it requires some practice and a few pieces of fairly obscure equipment.

The hardest and most dangerous part is going to be detaching the NAND chip from the board with a heat gun or something, after that you can't really fuck it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMevB5PLqPg
>>
>>61990199
>using an iPhone
>your nand chip is permanently encrypted with a key you can't retrieve
>swapping it to another phone doesn't work, so if the circuitry in yours is fucked, your data is permanently lost

wew
>>
>>61990377
What type of encryption does the iPhone nands have? RSA? Is it asymmetrical encryption?
>>
>>61990377
The iPhone 7 with iCloud Backup doesn't have this problem :^)
>>
>>61990518
AES256, I think.
>>
>>61989709
If it can't be recovered you should get a moto g3, they are the most reliable phones I've ever used
>>
>>61990824
>Using the cloud
Wew lad
>>
>>61990870
That's never been broken? I was under the impression that all symmetrical key encruptions have been broken by now.
>>
J A M A L
A
M
A
L
>>
>>61989709
give it back jamal
>>
>>61989709
>>61989787
how are you posting here?
>>
>>61989998
>>61992826
>>61993151
Wtf are you talking about? Is this a meme?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.