[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm working on a swap meet style site to preserve old t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10KB, 300x168px
I'm working on a swap meet style site to preserve old tech & keep stuff out of landfills

Focus would be on having a place where you could find a person to donate to instead of landfilling, or swap with someone else, or sell for money (but just purely selling wouldn't be the encouraged focus)
>http://www.hotscripts.com/listing/iscripts-eswap-online-swapping-platform-software/
Something like that but with also location options and maybe a way to show your 'collection' of old tech and which items are up for donation / swapping / sale.
It could end up with a lot of good information and guide, a community of people to help preserve stuff, possibly even get some custom firmware hacks for things to keep them going into the future.
Any /g/entlemen able to dev stuff like this? I'd rather pay one of us than a pajeet from hotscripts
i-i made a dumb little imageboard but it's just for some ideas and stuff until i get the actual site going
>www.salvaged.tech
no intentions of stealing discussion from /g/ or the old tech generals, just making a place to list & swap old tech with the whole interwebs

would you guys check out the eswap script and see what sort of options i might have to develop something like it from scratch?
>>
>>61986018
Programming aint my deal but if the site is up and running im willing to mod or dedicate one of my systems as a serveri dont need to get paid ill do it out of charity because it sounds like a great idea maybe create a discord to discuss courses of action
>>
File: tuQAg3I.jpg (39KB, 500x679px) Image search: [Google]
tuQAg3I.jpg
39KB, 500x679px
>>61986018
The biggest market for that would be older people who just want to get rid of old systems but don't want the trouble of selling it on craigslist. A lot would be willing to donate but plenty would refuse to not accept some form of payment for their legacy system for some reason
I would say offer an appraisal service somehow that would tell people how much their system is worth and offer them the money for it right then and there
>>
>>61987283
well, not just systems but any old or outdated tech, old logitech speakers, mice missing a wireless receiver, etc. old ram, old motherboards, stuff like that.

i like the feeling i get when something goes to someone who wants to try to do something with it, rather then take it straight to the trash. even if it ends up there eventually, at least we tried.

>>61986954
cool! i don't know about discord, it's easy to set up, but also the most serious and autistic /g/entlemen will refuse to use it, and those are the ones who probably have back rooms filled with old tech that they'd be willing to swap and give away

i believe my best option will be to host an IRC
>>
Go after Staples, they're the only store where people drop off shit like that without paying to recycle. If you can get people that go to drop that sort of stuff off there you could clean up
>>
>>61989136
What do they do with it? Sell it for scrap or refurb it if its recent enough?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.