[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's see how competent /g/ is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: simonpeytonjones.jpg (4KB, 183x276px)
simonpeytonjones.jpg
4KB, 183x276px
Answer any of these:
>Do you work as a software engineer(anything related to it) and are you good at it?
>What's the most impressive piece of software that you've written?
>Is the above-mentioned piece of software used by other people? Have you made it available to everyone?
>Have you participated in ANY programming contests, online or in-person?
>If you do have a work in a programming field, are you paid well?
>Pretty much every good programmer in the world uses a text editor, and not an IDE. So, do you?
>List your programming language competency - from pro to beginner. If you know less than 3 languages(different paradigms), you don't belong in this field.
>finished uni/dropout/currently studying?

Go on, let's see how many useless NEETS we have here.
>>
>I got "hello world" to run successfully. The post.
>>
>>61983457
>Do you work as a software engineer(anything related to it) and are you good at it?
I am an intern, because still at the uni
I built my own robot arm, and wrote the controlling software, implemented some games for it
>Is the above-mentioned piece of software used by other people? Have you made it available to everyone?
I have published it to github, but I don't know if people use it
nope
I am an intern, you can guess
>Pretty much every good programmer in the world uses a text editor, and not an IDE. So, do you?
Bullshit
>List your programming language competency - from pro to beginner. If you know less than 3 languages(different paradigms), you don't belong in this field.
C#
Java
Javascript
>inb4 pajeet
These are the languages that got you hired
Arduino
python
Have 1 semester left
>>
>>61983457
Yes. Mid-level. Idk, I hope so.
Wtf kind of question is this? Define "impressive"?
I work for a massive startup so yes, millions of people use my work
No because i'm not a fag
Yes, at least for where I'm at (UK is lower than US on avg, but my costs are much, much lower than living in the Valley)
I use an IDE because i'm not autistic (I use vim keybindings tho)
I know 1 extremely well (it's what I use everyday and what I was hired for), but several others at an intermediate level
dropout. did not major in cs either
>>
>>Do you work as a software engineer(anything related to it) and are you good at it?
No, not really
>>What's the most impressive piece of software that you've written?
Nothing really impressive yet, most difficult thing I've done is 4 different implementations of a polynomial that could add and subtract, using different data structures
>>Is the above-mentioned piece of software used by other people? Have you made it available to everyone?
No, no
>>Have you participated in ANY programming contests, online or in-person?
No
>>Pretty much every good programmer in the world uses a text editor, and not an IDE. So, do you?
I'm not sure how it makes me any better, but yes I use a text editor (sublime text 3) and I'm learning vim
>>List your programming language competency - from pro to beginner. If you know less than 3 languages(different paradigms), you don't belong in this field.
Java beginner/intermediate, c/c++ barely any knowledge, python I've hardly ever used but if I need to use it it's pretty easy to figure it out
>>finished uni/dropout/currently studying?
Going into sophomore year of uni
>>
File: images(6).jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images(6).jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>61983457
Is /G/- technology or programming? Pretty sure is says technology, fagtron.
>>
>>61983457
yes, no i'm shit at it
hello world
no, no
no i don't have time for that
can't even afford rent
no unfortunately i'm stuck with using vim/emacs through via ssh on a unix terminal
c/c++/ada/python
finished
>>
>>61984820
are you fucking 12? Holy shit, is this kind of intellect even possible in a human being? gtfo
>>
>work
Sysadmin turned Developer turned Project Manager (~13 years with 3 different companies)
>most impressive software
In-house intranet org modular search engine and accompanying iOS application. I assume it's still in use. I don't work there anymore. It was not and probably will never be publicly distributed.
>programming contests
I went to a couple in college, they were a bit cringey. Not my thing.
>paid well
Well enough to have four kids and a stay at home wife plus some savings. I'd say so.
>text editor
Vim
>languages and competency
(Good) Ruby, Python, C
(OK) Objective C, Swift, Java, C++
>uni
Did 12 years in the military and never went to college.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.