[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this shit any good for learning to code?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

is this shit any good for learning to code?
>>
Not as good as Kloss's Kode Kamp.
>>
good for learning basic syntax and bare fundamentals, not much else
>>
Too easy in my opinion.

Take a look at GrokLearning. I don't remember if it's for students only but it's great for learning Python and HTML.
>>
>>61981696
Pick up a textbook. Read it, type out and run the examples in an IDE/text editor/whatever platform of your choosing and attempt all the exercises. If you get stuck, don't be afraid to cheat and look up the answers, but understand *how* the answer solves the problem.

I'm of the opinion that C++ is a great language to learn to program with. It will teach you the basics, some OOP concepts, and has low-level facilities that gives you insight into how your computer itself works.

Two good books for beginners are:
>Stroustrup's Programming Principles and Practice using C++
https://archive.org/details/2014ProgrammingPrinciplesAndPracticeUsingCPlusPlus

>C++ Primer, 5th edition
https://www.amazon.com/Primer-5th-Stanley-B-Lippman/dp/0321714113

I prefer the latter to the former, but the first is much easier for a fresh beginner to get into. Ideally you'd have access to both: C++ Primer also works really well as a general reference to the language.

You should also, at some point, switch to doing the exercises in a text editor and compiling and running them from the command line, as this will force you to learn how the compiler and linker work to create object files.

If you ever get bored with C++, feel free to switch to another language. Many languages become easy to pick up after exposure to C++.
>>
>>61982305
good post, I'll check it out
>>
>>61981702
>Kloss's Kode Kamp
lol
>>
>>61981696
Just go to installgentoowiki, download every /g/ recommended book and read them all
>>
>>61981702
He want to learn not to fap, anon.
>>
>>61981696
Udacity used to have "intro to computer science" course and something afterwards that taught Python and basic concepts. Not sure if it's still available since they slid off into "nanodegrees" jewery.
>>
>>61983326
it's still available. Their computer science 101 is the best intro to python for a beginner and it's free still.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.