[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When it comes down to it ebay is still the best place to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ebay-630x417[1].jpg (46KB, 630x417px) Image search: [Google]
ebay-630x417[1].jpg
46KB, 630x417px
When it comes down to it ebay is still the best place to buy stuff. Look at the alternatives

>newegg
ebay is cheaper and has a wider variety of stuff
>amazon
amazon is evil, and ebay is the same price
>craigslist
kinda sketchy a lot of the time, no recourse if something goes wrong
>facebook marketplace
>>buying stolen hardware, also no recourse and prices are all over the place

Ebay is usually the cheapest, and there are well established systems for the buyer and seller that protect them (usually favoring the buyer, but if you're a careful and honest seller you won't get screwed too often)
>>
For me the local Micro Center is a pretty solid choice for new stuff.
>>
>>61975281
fuck these american tech companies that sell marked-up chink shit.

go to the source!
aliexpress
taobao
banggood
dhgate (this one is great because they don't remove fakes)

for used shit, craigslist and kijiji... no fees, no tax, cash only.
>>
i'd rather buy from an authorized reseller so i can get my warranty honored and not have to risk it being counterfeit
>>
>>61975298
Speaking strictly online, but yes those places can be good. And they often have an online store on ebay anyway.

>>61975329
If you look carefully on ebay you can find sellers with little mark-up, and it's much easier to work in ebay's ecosystem than deal with aliexpress or taobao.
>>
>>61975344
You can do that on ebay. Nvidia and AMD even have official stores there.
>>
Hey don't you count out my bro Monoprice. He's alright.
>>
>>61975347
>mark-up,
ebay has huge fees. I used to sell few things on there. not only do you have to pay ebay fees but you also have to pay paypal fees when you transfer money from that shit.

> and it's much easier to work in ebay's ecosystem than deal with aliexpress
aliexpress is better than ebay. I've dealt with both when I disputed something.

aliexpress > ebay
>>
>>61975362
I forgot about them. They are pretty good too, especially when they are having a sale.
>>
>>61975361
>You can do that on ebay.
i'd rather buy from an authorized reseller
>>
File: IMG_1673.jpg (28KB, 590x317px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1673.jpg
28KB, 590x317px
>>61975281
>amazon is evil
Fucking liberals lol
>>
>>61975369
You can't buy used items on aliexpress tho
>>
File: 1491835135397.png (516KB, 754x1455px) Image search: [Google]
1491835135397.png
516KB, 754x1455px
>>61975378
>liberals
amazon's an SJW libtard company. they're one of the most cancerous leftist companies around.
>>
>>61975376
There are literally authorized resellers on ebay.
>>
>>61975379
>You can't buy used items on aliexpress tho
who needs used shit when you can buy new shit for less? and I mentioned craigs and kijiji... plenty of used shit there.
>>
>>61975401
When you buy something used on craigslist and take it home and it suddenly stops working you have no recourse. If you buy something used on ebay and it stops working you can get a refund.

You also have seller feedback on ebay that you don't have on craigslist. Most of the people who deal in used hardware have ebay stores, craigslist is just a crap shoot of random people who may or may not have roaches and bedbugs in their house.

You can't buy everything new.
>>
>>61975422
>You can't buy everything new.
Not that Anon but when it comes to tech I almost never buy from the used market. I prefer refurb. Modest discounts but I still have a company to turn to with issues.
>>
>>61975422
>you have no recourse.
check if it works before you pay for it.
>If you buy something used on ebay and it stops working you can get a refund.
yeah, no. dispute can go sellers' way easily. all he has to say is that it worked when he sold it to you and you broke it. and ebay will trust him and not you. and you've already admitted it worked when you got it. so you're fucked.
>>
>>61975461
>dispute can go sellers' way easily.
Very rarely. Ebay sellers bitch about this all the time. 90/100 times ebay will side with the buyer unless there is some very blatant deceit going on. This still applies to things listed as "no returns accepted". You can pretty much forget that line even there. Every single item on ebay accepts returns, because that is often the seller's only alternative to issuing a full refund.
>>
>>61975281

None of the alternatives ship to Europe, except Amazon sometimes (at outrageous prices), so that's a no-brainer.
But I liked it better when there were fewer restrictions on what you can and cannot buy/sell (there are even hidden filters in place now that filter search results for OCONUS users), and when you didn't have to pay VAT and customs fees for every stupid little thing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.