[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will forth stop being the best programming language? Ha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (7KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 237x212px
When will forth stop being the best programming language? Ha ha tricked you the answer is it won't.
>>
Forth and lisp are
>>
>>61971523
you've convinced me. I'm going to make a 3d FPS in FORTH with no prior programming experience.
>>
>>61972219
This wouldn't be that hard if there were an easy way to write to a framebuffer at the low level. I can't figure out how to change even one pixel.
>>
>>61972358
they don't have forth words for blitting?
>>
>>61971523
Post yfw forth shills are too busy trying to force memes to get any work done.
>>
>>61972386
they don't have forth words for anything that would work on a modern computer, theres been thousands of gui's written in forth over the years so different methods have been used. How the hell do you communicate with the Nvideo graphics card or any graphics card at a low level. I just want to draw a couple pixels and I can't find any documentation without switching to a C library for open GL or something.
>>
>>61972582
why use the graphics card just to draw pixels?
>>
>>61972666
cuz my monitor is plugged into the fukin graphics card, how else do i draw pixels.
>>
>>61972720
with the CPU directly. your graphics card is on a bus. I donno how to do it, but just write directly to the memory that updates the screen.
>>
>>61972738
>write directly to the memory that updates the screen
hasn't worked that way in decades man, terry davis warned us and we didn't lsiten. 640x480 vga 16 color like god said.

But seriously if anyone knows how to update a single pixel on the screen directly without some shitty C++ library please let me know.
>>
>>61972766
Surely you're just mistaken.
>>
forth is so superior because of how small it is
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.