[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Tomcat superior in every way? Why, why not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>>
Hot swapping during debug is a huge factor. And it's a full featured servlet container that's well documented.
Many of the other servlet containers don't have those 2 things going for them.
Also good integration with Eclipse.
>>
>>61961106
Why do you use eclipse? no offence but its clunky af.
>>
>>61961121
What else do you use, IntelliJ? Shit is so ram hungry and looks like dog shit. Eclipse is comfy and runs great. Netbeans is decent
>>
>>61961255
Yeah Intellij, it just has better code prediction and the default layout is nicer. what is the ram diff between the two?
>>
>>61961121
Because it's free and I'm not paying for IntelliJ.

Projects are usually divided into 2 groups. There's the product being developed with potential clients, but is being paid for at loss until then. Those projects usually get new mac pros and intellij and sorts of other line items that inevitably lead the project to being hilarious failure.

And then there's the money earning projects with a direct client, those ones they will not buy you intellij unless it's a requirement to create a deliverable.

If you work in the latter project, realize; that your skills have little translation. It's all entirely speculative and you'll be working with technologies that are way off in the fringe. You're usually doing R&D that other companies are doing R&D on that they started because some other company was doing R&D on.... and etc.
>>
>>61961376
but intellij is has free non premium version, so why not use that?
>>
it's basically the postgres of java servers. doesn't brag about muh enterprise features and instead actually get's the job done.
>>
>>61961722
Because the free version sucks dick

https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/features/editions_comparison_matrix.html
>>
>>61961825
wat do you gain from eclipse over itellij CE?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.