[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cloudflare appreciation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: cloudflare_logo_inverse.png (6KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
cloudflare_logo_inverse.png
6KB, 1000x450px
Prince said that he "pulled the plug" on The Daily Stormer after one its readers suggested Cloudflare supported the site's neo-Nazi and racist ideologies by providing service.

The news was first reported on Twitter after a message from the website's founder Andrew Auernheimer, known as Weev, was leaked.

The website has faced difficulty in finding web hosting after its domain provider GoDaddy dropped the site for violating its terms of service. After Google also canceled the site's service later in the day, the site later took to the dark web, which can only be accessed through the Tor anonymity network.

Twitter also suspended several accounts on Wednesday associated with the neo-Nazi website.

It comes days after a weekend of violence in the Virginia town after the site had been involved in organizing a white supremacist rally. Heather Heyer, 32, was killed and dozens were injured when James Fields, 20, who attended the rally, plowed a car into a crowd of protesters on Saturday.

But Cloudflare's decision comes in the face of criticism towards the company, after it had initially declined to pull its services offering protection against distributed denial-of-service attacks.

The company, which doesn't host content but provides the networking support and attack protection, had described the content on sites like The Daily Stormer as "repugnant", but would not call out the site directly.

Cloudflare has long taken an absolutist approach to free speech, allowing what Prince called "horrible people" to use the company's services.

"If you have companies making moral judgments on what's good and bad, that worries me a lot," said Prince in an interview with ZDNet in 2015.

He said in the interview that he didn't "ever want to be in the position" where the company should have to decide between "good content and bad content," he said. "If a court comes and says you can't provide service to someone, we'll do everything we can within the law to challenge the order."
>>
>trusting a San Francisco company to not be full of SJWs with strong political biases
>>
File: 1501918324550.png (168KB, 443x549px) Image search: [Google]
1501918324550.png
168KB, 443x549px
>>61944898
Oh my god does anybody really care? Yeah, yeah, free speech on internet, blah blah blah, we have like eight (exaggeration, I know) of these threads every hour just SHUT UP already. Go back to /pol/.
>>
>>61944898
The internet would soon be free of right wing groups, just as it's free of paedophiles.
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
>>61945423
>Prince said that he "pulled the plug" on The Daily Stormer after one its readers suggested Cloudflare supported the site's neo-Nazi and racist ideologies by providing service.
So... does this mean you can alert Cloudfare of any offensive/harmful site and get it shut down?
>>
>Yet they refuse to take down isis websites
Really tickles the pickle
>>
>>61944898
That reddit spacing gave me cancer.
Go back to whateber shithole you came from.
>>
File: 1480074264429.png (105KB, 954x1157px) Image search: [Google]
1480074264429.png
105KB, 954x1157px
>>61945924
Your suspicions aren't misguided.
>>
>>61945924
I literally copypasted from some news article you fucking retard go have a sex change and kill yourself
>>
File: lmaofefwefeaf.jpg (106KB, 1080x930px) Image search: [Google]
lmaofefwefeaf.jpg
106KB, 1080x930px
>>61944898
>businesses can choose to do business with whoever they want! If they don't want to do business with fags/chinks/nigs/jews it's their right!
>Cloudflare should not decide who they want to or do not want to do business with!

Pick one.
>>
>>61946043
they should fuck off
>>
>>61946477
>If they don't want to do business with fags/chinks/nigs/jews it's their right
who said that?
>>
>>61945924
Le reddit spacing xd
>>
>>61945535
So, not really?
>>
>>61946043
>/lit/
>leftist

Guess they haven't been there in a while
>>
>>61946477
>sites supporting Isis, child abuse, animal abuse: ok
>some shithole full of autistic Trump supporting larpers: OY VEY SHUT IT DOWN
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.