[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help! About getting a (meme) laptop...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 01.png (448KB, 758x622px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
448KB, 758x622px
So i'm in need of a new system, mainly gaming and every day use / light work after the office. Coming from a i5-4210u and 820m, this will be my main pc.

I'm not living at my home, i'm in another country with nothing too much sure about where i'll stay next month and my current job otherwise i'll get a tower (still miss my phenom b55 + hd5770).

I found this laptop:

Clevo P775DM3 (OBSIDIAN-PC vendor)

Intel i7 7700K (delidded + liquid metal)
GTX 1080 8GB
16 GB HyperX Impact 2400 (there is another option also, not really expert about ram can't really tell)
500GB Samsung 960 EVO
1TB FireCuida SSHD (no idea about sshd)

The monitor can be FHD 75hz IPS or QHD 120hz TN (i'm looking more at TN panel because of the refresh and resolution)

This for around 3000€.

I know a tower is better, i just want to hear others opinion.
I heard also about 7700k temps but being delidded if it stays at around 70-80° should be fine!? Same for the gpu. The vendor also say is does a "Lap & Gap" test for the coolers for better performance.

If the performance are there, the heat is handled ok and it will last me 4-5 years, should be an ok investment.
>>
>>61935069
Do you need a 1080? You can get a laptop with pretty much all the same specs except a 1050ti for €1200ish
>>
>>61935727

But then you would have a 1050Ti anon.. and also a 7700K.. how awful!
>>
>>61935727

I could spend like 500€ less for the 75hz ips FHD panel and a 1070.

But if it lasts how much i'd like to then i'm actually interested in having a 1440p 120hz monitor and the 1080 can support it and last longer more easily.

500€ worth the difference? considering also the 7700k cpu

Also this would be my all around multimedia system, don't even have a tv/stereo at the moment (until i find something more permanent job/house, being in a stranger country, i'm not investing in anything more)
>>
>>61935069
If you're willing to spend, I'll tell you its completely worth, even though you are paying a premium compared to a tower. I'm an owner of a P750DM2 (basically a 15" version of the one you listed) : 7700k GTX 1070.

Im asuming the Clevo seller lets you customize so if you care about saving a little money, buy the laptop without SSD, it should work out cheaper to buy it yourself. Also SSHD is not worth it, get a 2TB HDD instead, or a 1TB if you absolutely don't need the space.

For a media device I would recommend the IPS panel, but its still up to you on what you prefer viewing on. Neither is 'better'.

delid is absolutely required. liquid metal in a laptop scares me, a microleak and your whole system could be fried, especially because you'll probably travel with it and even if extremely careful it'll go through some bumps. try to find reviews of other people who use liquid metal, and see their experience.

I doubt the "lap & game" my device is plastic and it gets pretty hot at the bottom, the one you're planning to buy is full metal. also, why would you ever game in your lap, its the most uncomfortable thing, even minus the heat.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.