[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you use firefox, why are you still using it or which fork

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 273
Thread images: 23

If you use firefox, why are you still using it or which fork are you using and why.

Also opinion on firefox and other browsers thread
>>
>>61933118
I switched to Pale Moon about a week ago, I really like it.
>>
>>61933265
Yeah I heard good things about it, I especially like it that dev made his own version of gecko
>>
File: RcAhC6Ag.png (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
RcAhC6Ag.png
55KB, 512x512px
Waterfox for me. It is literally just what I needed. Firefox without Mozilla, plus web extensions support past ver57. If uBlock Origin is too lazy to update by then it won't affect me. Nevermind the fact it was literally compiled without the telemetry, making it impossible for it to call home since it doesn't know how to, not anymore.
>>
>>61933118
Because it's been the best browser overall.
What alternatives are there?
>>
>>61933118
Because I'm lazy and I don't care enough about life
>>
>>61933394
Chromium, iridium, icecat, qutebrowser, pale moon, yata yata
>>
File: 1502824419161.jpg (521KB, 2000x1276px) Image search: [Google]
1502824419161.jpg
521KB, 2000x1276px
>>61933394
Here's a list of some hipster shitty browsers. They're not as good and stable as firefox, but they sure will make you feel like a special snowflake!
>>
>>61933118
using it since version 2.0 and why should i change it, it just werks
>>
because i know somebody is going to complain about firefox speed, consider using the new stable version (v55) and enabling stylo (the new rendering engine for css)

basically as fast as chromium for me now, only reason i moved from the nightly version was because plugin devs didn't update their shit yet.
>>
>>61933118
>using normal youtube - normal playback, no dropped frames and smooth video playback
>using youtube/tv - crashes every 12 seconds
delet
>>
I've been using Firefox since its very first version, and all versions of Firebird before that, and all versions of Phoenix before that, and Mozilla browser before that. I stick to it because the alternatives are:

1. spyware written by evil corporate botnet operators looking to sell your ass,
2. amateurish forks by people who lack the resources necessary to keep software this complex as secure as possible.

Also, the very existence of foundations like Mozilla (whether you think they're a bunch of SJW cuck faggots or not) is necessary to keep (1) in check and (2) alive, so it's worth supporting.

I'm currently at Nightly/57, and contrary to what some faggots will tell you, the switch to web extensions will be a good thing in the long run. If anything, it's been long overdue.
>>
>>61933550
>I've been using Firefox since its very first version, and all versions of Firebird before that, and all versions of Phoenix before that
i smell some bullshit here
>>
>>61933384
>Webextensions
Disgusting.
>>
>>61933439
>and enabling stylo
How do?

>>61933570
Why would it be? Not him but I remember using Firefox when it was something like v3 in what, 2007 or 08? Never have I changed for another browser, and why would I? IE has always been shit, Chrome = Google = botnet, Operahahaha...
Other alternatives at this time were more than obscure, now there's probably more choice but FF still works fine, so why change? The only thing I don't like right now with v55 is that it broke some extensions I've loved that are not really the most downloaded, and I haven't checked to see if they will be fixed later or not, because at most they are QoL improvements.
>>
Been using Firefox since it was Firebird 0.7.
I hopped off the good ship during Australis, when it became apparent the developers no longer cared about what was best for the user and cared only what was best for them personally.
Pale Moon has been a good browser since then.
>>
>>61933570
That's because you're projecting your younfaggotry on me. When Phoenix 0.1 came out in 2002 I was a 2nd year CS student.
>>
>>61933647
>The only thing I don't like right now with v55 is that it broke some extensions
Get ready for more of that.
FF57 removes extensions entirely and replaces them with Google's WebExtensions - ie. Chrome Extensions.
>>
>>61933550
>I stick to it because the alternatives are:
>1. spyware written by evil corporate botnet operators looking to sell your ass,

this.
>>
>>61933647
to enable stylo go to about:config and search "stylo", there will be a thing saying stylo css rendering, just double click it so it says "True" then restart firefox
>>
>>61933683
That's literally Mozilla now too...
They're in bed with Soros, selling all your information and literally censoring websites from the browser based on what Soros says is OK.
>>
>>61933693
wait it's servo you need to search, not stylo
>>
>>61933711
they don't censor anything yet, if you're really worried about it turn off that auto malware domain blocking bullshit
>>
>>61933118
I use Nightly. Why? It just works.
>>
>>61933711
You know, I don't like this Jewish hysteria about "fake news" at all, but sometimes I can't help but think it is at least in part justified. The actual news was "Mozilla will now support a factchecking initiative. Soros sponsors similar initiative", retards and astroturfers on /g/ turned it into "Soros pays Mozilla to include censorship software in Firefox".
>>
Firefox and spinoffs are the only browser to my knowledge that supports 144hz on Linux. Chromium/Chrome does on Windows but not on Linux, which is odd.
>>
>>61933384
Agreed. Waterfox as well.
>>
>>61933774
The funny things about this fake news shit is that the one complaining the loudest are usually the ones peddling most of it

Case in point
CNN
NYT
WaPo
>>
>>61933679
I've read that already but I'm not into it enough to understand the implications, except that it just seems like what happens when programmers just want to "rebuild everything from the ground up", which I always interpret as "we did dumb spaghetti code and now it's all fucked, better erase everything".

>>61933693
>>61933712
Thanks, I'll look at it.
>>
>>61933118
Because fuck you, that's why.
Stop posting autistic posts in the internet.
>>
>>61933843
the web extensions thing is basically a combination of "fuckshit spaghetti code bullshit needs to be rebuilt" and "we want to unify chrome and firefox plugins"
>>
>>61933118
Firefox is still easily the best browser with a distance. Brave is making progress but that's about it.
>>
>>61933413
>Chromium
kek, have fun being part of the botnet
>>
>>61933899
Brave is a meme, it's a browser running on electron which is actually chromium anyway.

it's like playing spot the jew but with software.
>>
>>61933384
>>61933824
This tbqhfamalam
Waterfox is pretty much the only firefox youll ever need
>>
>>61933880
Then it gives me a mixed feeling. It's like the EU law that forced phone makers to unify the usb chargers so that we wouldn't have 10 different micro/mini/mega usb for multiple phones, which is good, but unifying anything with Google seems retarded. In a sense I don't care since I'm just a user and not an extension dev, but anything that breaks what I'm using is already bad.
>>
>>61933921
>what is a fork?
Welcome to /g/ in 2017 lads.
>>
>>61933966
it's not a fork anon, it's just using plain electron as the base. The "browser" is basically javascript inside another browser, it's fucking stupid.
>>
>>61933880
>>61933965
The switch to WebExtensions is primarily about being able to sandbox extensions and making them play nicely with the new multiprocess model, none of which was possible with the old extensions. API unification (which isn't full, BTW) with other browsers is just a bonus.
>>
Anyone know how to get rid of the "Search for x with:" shit they added in firefox 55?
>>
>>61934164
edit: nvm fixed

browser.urlbar.oneOffSearches
>>
>>61933774
fucking this. the article didnt mention mozilla working with soros.
>>
I'm a sane man, i use Opera.
>>
Google Chrome isn't an option because Google is evil and anti-privacy.

For a long time I've been using Tor Browser as my main browser, because it's the only one that can truly offer privacy. For my secondary browser, I've been using Firefox, because Mozilla were the good guys.

Now with the news that Mozilla is hopping in bed with Soros and supporting fake news, I don't know what the fuck to do.

Brave is looking very interesting though. Mainly because it's one of the co-founders of Mozilla working on it. They also have some Tor people and are working closely with Tor, from what I understand. It uses Chromium as its base, which is both good and bad. Good because it's far superior to Firefox's shit technically, but bad because of the influence Google has over it.
>>
>>61933384
Except ublock origin is updating for versions past 57. Use the dev channel. It’s pretty stable as it is
>>
>>61934249
The Soros thing is literally an example of fake news though.
>>
>>61934264
The Mozilla blog article talks about fighting "fake news". Fighting fake news is fine and all, depending on how they go about it. Censoring content is bad, after all. The problem though is that both the true news and fake news sides call the opposite side "fake news". So which side is Mozilla on?

In their blog article, they go on to list the Wall Street Journal as an example of a credible news source, when in fact they have been caught spreading fake news. This shows that when they say they want to fight fake news, they actually mean they want to support fake news and fight true news. That makes them the bad guys.
>>
>>61934337
they never mentioned soros tho
>>
>>61933322
Yeah, I'm pretty into the fact that he does a lot to separate his project from Mozilla's
>>61933665
I love how it's pre-Australis
>>61933711
All the sjw crap with them was the final straw for me, but I'm pretty sure the Soros part ended up not being true.
I also tried Waterfox and Brave. Waterfox is great but not quite as fast on my system, and Brave is nice out of the box but no extensions kills it for me.
>Brave is my go-to on Android though
>>
>>61934369
Sure, but it's easy to put two and two together.
>>
>>61933550
>If anything, it's been long overdue.
This is the problem. They should have made the move long ago, before they earned the "unstable/slow" title because of badly coded extensions with way too much power over the engine, and before the amount of existing extensions that need porting became as big as it's now.

Chrome showed up and took over all the market share not just because Google was pushing it down people's throats, but because it was not fucked up by shitty bloatware "plugins" installed without user input by random software and badly coded extensions, which made it fast and simple in comparison.
>>
>>61934026
>it's not a fork, it's using electron as the base
Not sure if trolling or actually this stupid.
>>
>>61934382
a FF dev said the soros thing is fake
>>
>>61934474
not trolling, their docs just say "electron" which i assume is plain electron, when i used it, it looked like plain electron too so i'm not sure what you're getting at.
>>
>>61934522
Stupid it is then.
>>
>>61933426
Chrome is better and more stable.
>>
>>61934668
not going to explain why i'm wrong?
thanks for being a useless asshat then, you haven't provided any evidence to suggest it's not default electron.
>>
I'm using Nightly right now until 57 hits Waterfox for the performance gains. I converted over from Chromium a few months ago because I wanted to reduce the amount of Google dependency and penetration in my life. All that shit that happened with the memo reinforced my decision, but Mozilla is certainly imperfect in that regard as well, but still probably the lesser of two evils based on what I've seen. Certainly lesser in the sense they don't have the capability to do as much bad shit as Google does.
>>
>>61933118
Nightly
>why
It works
It's fast
It's good
It's Mozilla
>>
File: furryfuck.png (27KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
furryfuck.png
27KB, 1024x600px
>>61933118
because i don't know of any other browser that i can rice to fit the rest of my desktop. with a 1024x600 resolution, i need to be able to drastically decrease the ui elements and have it mostly be the actual web content. firefox+vimperator and custom css does that for me.
>>
>>61933426
> No Tor Browser
>>
Opera just werks. The multiple search engines is nice as well.
>>
>>61935011
>muh cp
>>
File: 1499620341690.png (60KB, 160x191px) Image search: [Google]
1499620341690.png
60KB, 160x191px
I'm on Chrome and I haven't been off it since it came out.

Been browsing /g/ on and off for years but I can't give into the Neckbeard conspiracy theories at all.

I refuse to use a clunkier, slower & outdated browser (any firefox fork ever) because of "muh privacy" when nothing ever or will fucking happen. I like the font rendering more and that's it.

Get a grip.
>>
>>61934718
>not going to explain the obvious to an idiot?
Indeed.
>>
>>61933384
This, waterfox is great! Palememe is a close second
>>
>>61935049
Brave is for you then
> Chromium base for smooth and stable rendering
> Mozilla co-founder and JavaScript founder at the helm
> Open source
> Privacy focused
Brave is literally the best of both worlds between Firefox and Chrome
>>
>>61933426
There is literally nothing wrong with Vivaldi.
>>
>>61933426
There is nothing more placebo than ungoogled chromium.
>>
>>61935050
>hurr durrr what is a fork
>documentation just says "using electron as a base"
>hurr not going to explain the obvious to an idiot
you're the idiot anon, it's default electron which is basically chromium, building a browser on that is fucking autistic and they should have never bothered.
>>
>>61935133
Their GitHub page clearly says they're using Muon, which is a fork of Electron.
>>
>>61935133
Is this a counter troll or are people actually this dense?
>>
>>61935133
>it's default electron
No.

>which is basically chromium
No.

>building a browser on that is fucking autistic
No.

>they should have never bothered
No.

How do you get so many things wrong in one post?
>>
>>61935411
please, explain to me how building a browser within another browser is not the most autistic idea anyone could ever have.
>>
File: 1501629731381.gif (1MB, 421x240px) Image search: [Google]
1501629731381.gif
1MB, 421x240px
>>61935424
>a browser within another browser
>>
>>61935442
>inb4 it's a framework
It's a piece of shit abomination made by smashing chromium source code and node.js together, building a browser on technology like this is so half assed and stupid i can't even begin to understand why anyone would even consider it, maybe you can explain?.
>>
>>61933118
>still
I migrated from chrome to ff 57 a couple of days ago because it's objectively better
>>
>>61933426
I never see Epiphany on these charts. Is it any good?
>>
>>61935838
I would guess it falls on the "too stupid to replace it" category.
>>
>>61933118
qupzilla
>>
>>61935505
you're an idiot.
>>
I switched to safari in mid 2000s.
>>
>>61933118

Firefox ESR
>>
>>61937179
I use ESR, but what to do next June when support for ESR 52 ends?
>>
Icecat
>>
File: 1257767356382.jpg (44KB, 351x440px) Image search: [Google]
1257767356382.jpg
44KB, 351x440px
>>61933550
so well put, thank you
>>
>>61937344

Don't plan that way ahead. Wait and see. Maybe WebExtensions will be cool by then
>>
>>61934521
>We do work with multiple foundations funded or aided by Soros
>Soros is a lie, we haven't spoke with him, i personally haven't even met the guy in my life!
>>
>>61933384
I can't decide if I want to use this or nightly.
Can waterfox match the speed of nightly?
>>
>>61937424
>literally falling for and spreading fake news.
>>
I mainly use pale meme

the thing is so damn riceable, and it reminds me of firefox before it was shit
>>
>>61937712
>the pot calling the kettle black
>>
>>61933426

Why is Opera bad?
>>
>>61937897
It used to be great feature-wise, but proprietary and closed-source.

Now it's a featureless botnet Chrome clone, and still proprietary and closed-source.
>>
>>61937952
>botnet

Explain please. Are they using Opera users as DDOS slaves, are they selling their information, how is it a botnet?
>>
STOP! SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT FIREFOX WILL BRING THE FAGARMIES OUT.

LET THEM ENJOY THEIR ECHO.CHAMBERS.
>>
>>61937690
Unfortunately not. Nightly is still the fastest browser out there.
>>
Help please, I used to use Chrome(never really liked FF) but had to wipe my laptop a few days ago, I've been using Edge since and so far it isn't bad but it not playing webms is annoying, so what's the best browser to switch to or which would be the best for good speed but low memory usage?
>>
>>61933265
I've been using Pale moon as well for two years now on all my PCs, at home and work. I think it's the best thing since Opera 12.
>>
>>61938092
Use Brave. It uses Chromium like Chrome which you like, but it's made by the original creator of Firefox and JavaScript.
>>
>>61933426
Brave should be in god tier.
>>
File: brave.png (894KB, 816x2275px) Image search: [Google]
brave.png
894KB, 816x2275px
>>61938127
>Promoting a browser which's main purpose is displaying their own ads
>>
>>61938214
It's an interesting idea.
>>
>>61938214
That looks like an old version of the page, but in any case, I think they scrapped the Brave ads idea. Instead, they have Brave Payments. It's turned off by default, but the idea is basically to let you make donations to sites that you use the most often, so they can make money without showing you ads. It's an interesting idea, and it seems reasonable. They're basically trying to redefine the way websites make money and create an actual solution to the ad+adblock wars that we currently have.
>>
>>61938057
What great add-ons am I missing out on is I use nightly?
>>
>>61933118
right click -> open link in new tab
>>
>>61933426
This is infographic is wrong. Mozilla did not partner with George Soros. Mozilla launched an independent program to fight actual misinformation. Partly by educating people how to detect it and also by studying the effect misinformation has on the internet. To better understand it.
>>
File: 1496645271810.gif (37KB, 210x209px) Image search: [Google]
1496645271810.gif
37KB, 210x209px
>>61938321
>Mozilla launched an independent program to fight actual misinformation. Partly by educating people how to detect it and also by studying the effect misinformation has on the internet.
>>
>>61938321
> to fight actual misinformation
> lists a confirmed fake news source as an example of a credible news source
>>
>>61938289
>let you make donations to sites that you use the most often, so they can make money without showing you ads
This has existed for years already. But this was the main gimmick this browser got started with. This ad replacement was their major purpose.
>>
>>61938332
You can check the official source from Mozilla yourself. You will notice there is no mention of censoring or software that brands sites as fake.
>>
>>61938377
It doesn't really matter whether they're censoring things now, whether they're planning to censor in the future, or if they never will. They've revealed themselves to be aligned with the SJW / Soros / fake news / etc. bad guys. That's enough of a reason to blacklist them.
>>
>>61938442
> whether they're censoring things now, whether they're planning to censor in the future, or if they never will
Firefox is open-source. If they will ever start to censor anything, a fork without the censoring is easily created. Heck, there are enough forks already and I bet most would remove/not copy it.

>That's enough of a reason to blacklist them.
If that is your opinion, then so be it. You're free to use whichever software you want. But don't spread lies to get others to stop using it.
>>
>>61938545
What lies?
>>
>>61938570
The lies I called out in my replies to which you replied.
>>
>>61933426
I cannot figure out how to set a custom new tab page in icecat.

Shouldn't setting a string for variable browser.newtab.url be enough? Or do I need to modify something else too?
>>
I just finished migrating to Vivaldi. Feelsgoodman. Digging all that native customizability.
>>
so is Brave actually good or am I being meme'd
>>
>>61940117
It has very good people involved on it, and a very good foundation. Unlike Firefox, Chrome, and whatever other browsers, it's designed from the start for privacy - importantly, including fingerprinting protections, which are the hardest thing to fight.

Right now it's still in quite a basic and primitive state though. I think it's still in beta?
>>
>>61938442
They don't have any affiliation with Soros. They never mentioned his name anywhere in the blog post.
>>
>>61933118
muh tree tabs
>>
>>61940164
It doesn't matter if they explicitly said the name Soros or not. It's pretty obvious.
>>
IE11 feels good man.
>>
>>61933118
>which fork
Whatever's in the Ubuntu LTS repository
>why
When I need to test something in a second browser or log into a site with a different account.
>>
Mozilla Joins George Soros’s Efforts In Launching A Strike Against “Fake News”:
http://www.activistpost.com/2017/08/mozilla-joins-george-soross-efforts-launching-strike-fake-news.html

Mozilla Teams Up With George Soros to Protect and Keep You From 'Fake News' Whatever That Means:
https://youtu.be/TyeGNb44meM
>>
>>61933118
It's free as in freedom, its /comfy/ it's fast as fuck boi, and I just like it in general more than chrome
>>
File: stallman-blacked.jpg (39KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
stallman-blacked.jpg
39KB, 638x638px
>>61933711
>They're in bed with Soros, selling all your information and literally censoring websites from the browser based on what Soros says is OK.
You are a liar. Go back to /pol/.

>>61934374
>but I'm pretty sure the Soros part ended up not being true.
Correct. It was just fake news from /pol/. They lie all the time.
>>
>>61942553
>Soros funds a fact checking software called "Full Fact"
>Mozilla announces an initiative to look into what avenues they can explore to combat fake news
>They must be working together!
There's no proof at this time. If you can provide some I'd love to see it. I'll wait.
>>
Customisability. Only reason to use this piece of shit anymore, everything else is better.
>>
>>61933118
somehow, i get no ads or those annoying overlays at the end of youtube videos. i'm running the version that comes with ubutnu mate with ublock origin and https everywhere. the same addons under chrome however shows ads and overlays.
>>
So... Firefox is good?
>>
>>61933118
Because its free and nice.
>>
>>61945285
No. Every other browser is better, more reliable, faster, more secure.... the list goes on. The only thing firefox has going for it are addons which are about to be gutted soon enough.
>>
>>61945285
use it till you feel like punching the monitor.
>>
>>61933118
Retarded faggot here, I just want a fast browser with convenient features and a good adblocker. What's the pros and cons?
>>
>>61945404
Use brave.
>>
>>61945427
>"What's the pros and cons?"
>>
>>61945439
>pros are everything you listed
>cons are you have to use a browser with literally no addons yet

That's it,
>>
>>61945404
Chrome or Firefox are obvious choices.

Install the Ublock Origin extension, go into the extension manager and into the Ublock dashboard, configure Ublock to have all the 3rd party blocklists except the MPVS Hosts and Dan Pollock's hosts files (their domains are not secure), apply changes, and update.

Chrome is made for normies who just want shit to work. The downside is being spied on.

Firefox is the free choice and the latest stable version seems fast enough. The downside is that the new extensions standard might mean the death of every good addon (e.g. Ublock Origin).

I personally use FF and Seamonkey.
>>
File: 1496053966732.jpg (20KB, 650x490px) Image search: [Google]
1496053966732.jpg
20KB, 650x490px
Ive used firefox for many years now, for several reasons:
- At the time it was a good alternative to IE (when IE8 reigned supreme)
- 4chan extensions
- It was great for web developers, as it had tons of handy tools and plugins that I used both in school and at work
- I kept using firefox as an alternative to chrome when it was released, because I didnt want google snooping around (also chrome was pretty shit in the beginning)
- many other smaller reasons for using firefox

Though over the years, and especially this year, I have been questioning my usage of firefox. It has become sluggish and bloated, prominent features are downgraded or neglected, and the plugin community is diminishing. Right now it is almost the worst browser for web developers, and all of the plugins I used to have either havent been updated in years are have compatibility problems.
There really is no reason for me to use firefox now, other than a force of habit.
>>
I don't want to use botnets or shitty forks. When 56 comes around I will just use that until someone makes a non-botnet non-chromium/webkit non-gecko browser.
>>
>>61945462
One doesnt really need anything else but an adblocker for browsers, all the other shit is autistic af, and brave basically IS an adblocker
>>
>>61937997
I don't know actually, other anons said it's botnet so I'm just repeating
>>
>>61945609
After using tree tabs for years I'm convinced anyone who still uses horizontal is a hopeless moron.
>>
>>61945609
I like being able to customise my browser to look exactly the way I want it to, display tabs how I want it to etc. Firefox is comfy af in this regard. Plus addons aren't just about you looks, you have other really useful stuff like https everywhere, html5 video everywhere etc. Addons are a cool thing to have.
>>
>>61937690
Maybe with the next update it will be faster, let's see v55
>>
>>61945609
Extensions beyond adblockers are great, but only if you get stuff you will actually use. Too many people make the mistake of downloading useless bloat that doesn't enhance their browsing experience at all.
>>
>need to setup an apache server just so I can have a custom newtab page

Well done firefox, what feature will be removed next?
>>
What browser do you guys use on your phones?
>>
>>61946015
Used chrome and firefox before, but now I tried brave and really like it.

Haven't found anything I dislike about it yet, in contrast to the desktop version.
>>
>>61946015
ghostery or firefox focus if i absolutely have to use a mobile device to browse the web.
>>
File: superlist.1.png (2MB, 1000x7440px) Image search: [Google]
superlist.1.png
2MB, 1000x7440px
>>61933426
>>
File: 2017-08-17_11-06-02-sel.png (31KB, 912x160px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-17_11-06-02-sel.png
31KB, 912x160px
>>61946149
I'll continue reading this when there's no more errors in the text.
>>
I use nightly because its way quicker and now i have cross platform extensions between mobile and desktop

also theres no reason to switch because i can use chrome and opera extensions now

about:config for life<3
>>
>>61946187
how do you deal with cookies on nightly? preferences, addons, or you don't care?
>>
>ctrl+f
>soros
>23 matches

you guys are making the perfect example of why we need more verification for news sites

nice job not even investigating /pol/s claims before reposting this crap
>>
>>61946187
><3
Suits you right
>>
>>61946214
i just disable cookies and cache/disk in about:config
>>
>>61946216
poor baby got triggered?
>>>/r/eddit

/g/ posts traps and anime and a ascii symbol triggers you
>>
File: lifted.ford.jpg (69KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
lifted.ford.jpg
69KB, 960x640px
>>61946224
here
>>61946207
>>
>>61946243
So:

network.cookie.cookieBehavior = 2 (Block all cookies by default)

browser.cache.offline.enable = false

?
>>
>why are you still using it
Only alternative is botnet
>which fork are you using and why
No fork, stable version from the repos
>>
>>61946273
yup.
also disable
browser-cache-disk.enable
network.cookie.alwaysacceptsessioncookies
netowkr.cookie.lifetime.days 0
>>
>>61933118
freedom, fast, no corporate interests.
>>
>>61933118
Nightly and Focus for mobile.

I like the open ecosystem between them and my local sync server on my NAS is very useful for centralized storage of bookmarks, profiles, passwords, ect.
>>
>>61946350
Heres a tut and repos to sync server which is a decentralyzied version for local networks.(works between mobile and desktop and even gnome browser)

https://github.com/mozilla-services/syncserver

https://mozilla-services.readthedocs.io/en/latest/howtos/run-sync-1.5.html
>>
>>61946321
cool thanks. i can't find this one though
>network.cookie.alwaysacceptsessioncookies

also, how often does this break shit?
>>
>>61946321
>>61946383
nevermind found it
>>
>>61946350
sadly addon settings don't sync for my addons. maybe because they are signed as self-hosted, idk.
>>
>>61946383
it makes shit break less and increases your flash writes and drive expectancy
>>
>>61946405
you can also self host accounts
this breaks down the auth server

https://mozilla-services.readthedocs.io/en/latest/howtos/run-fxa.html
>>
How do you sort bookmarks in a folder by name in Brave?
>>
>>61946506
sounds good to me

oh and i got my browsers mixed up. i found "network.cookie.alwaysacceptsessioncookies" in pale moon and not in nightly or firefox
>>
File: brave-botnet.jpg (169KB, 926x773px) Image search: [Google]
brave-botnet.jpg
169KB, 926x773px
>>61946611
>>
>>61946678
i take it that you don't know
>>
>>61933384
Does Waterfox look identical to Firefox?

I tried Palemoon but was immediately reminded of Internet Explorer
>>
>>61933118
The soros fact check shit is fake news.
>>
>>61933118
Menu bar and adress bar with most used sites box.
>>
because im not a /v/tard rapefugee who are pestering this board with discord generals and consumerism
>>
This site and more specifically this board is heavily biased towards firefox.
>>
>>61933118
It's shaping up nicely right now. Give Nightly a try to see what's coming.
>>
>>61947273
i see people shilling Chrome all the time
>>
GNU IceCat; for privacy and freedoms. It's not perfect, but the perfect browser doesn't exist.
>inb4 Brave shills
about:addons
about:config
BRAVE BTFO'd
>>
>>61946794
It is Firefox, essentially. Just has all telemetry stripped out during compiling, and planned support for legacy addons past 57.
>>
>>61946214
idiot
>>
>>61946834
The part about Firefox wanting to support fake news and fight real news is true though. It doesn't fucking matter whether they mentioned Soros or not. We can put two and two together. Even if Soros isn't involved, just wanting to support propaganda in the first place is horrible.
>>
>>61945285
Not really, but it's better than all the other botnet trash.
>>
Daily reminder that Mozilla is full os SJWs.
>>
Daily reminder that Brave is the best of both worlds between Chrome and Firefox.

> Fast, stable, secure Chromium base
> Based red-pilled JavaScript creator and Mozilla co-founder who got kicked out of Mozilla by SJWs
> Ad-blocking, script-blocking, and fingerprinting-protections built in from the start.
> Staff members that worked on Tor
> Collaboration with Tor with the hopes of integrating it into Brave in the future

Download and support Brave today.
>>
>>61948372
but can you right-click a bookmark folder and sort by name?
>>
>>61948399
It's still in an early beta state at the moment, so it's missing features like that. That's why it's good to download and support Brave today - so you can report issues on the issue tracker, give them more feedback, and help build a better future for the web.
>>
File: 1443791216133.png (6KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1443791216133.png
6KB, 390x470px
>mfw retards are switching to firefox forks just when firefox nightly is twice as fast and light as the stable version
Enjoy your laggy bloated browsers
>but muh addons
Firefox is not emacs, stop trying to make it do everything.
>>
>>61933118
because waterfox won't start anymore so it's better than using chrome while i find another fork to use
>>
>>61933118
Just stopped updating my firefox 48.0.2, will propably download many version to have as backups if something new is needed also really searching for a good multi thread support on firefox without breaking add ons
>>
>>61948828
Why not staying on 52 ESR? I would never feel safe on an unsupported browser.
>>
File: 1417486357535.jpg (23KB, 255x233px) Image search: [Google]
1417486357535.jpg
23KB, 255x233px
>>61933118
I started with Netscape 2.02 and was usually happy with what followed. My needs aren't huge, I just want to control JS and keep ads/spyware out and read text, occasionally watch a video. I have Iceweasel 38 on Debian stable. The only thing where it doesn't work is Slack, they tell me to get a modern browser. Fuck them, then I don't use Slack.
>>
I switched to waterfox. Tried Palememe which is pretty gud too. Brave sucks on desktop. Supposedly it's best on mobile. Leery of using anything that Google has touched in some way. FF on mobile was the best all rounder for me imo. Still use it for mobile atm.
>>
>>61950591
Oh and the reason for the change from FF to Waterfox or another alternative is primarily due to them forcing a chap to resign over donating to an org for traditional marriage and they're general SJW/Leftist/PC bullshit. The latest possible Soros foundation funding or censoring fake news is all she wrote for it. I will never go back now that they've gone full totalitarian. I wouldn't have such a large blacklist if these stupid companies wouldn't make political statements.
>>
Who manages the firefox account? Mozilla?
>>
>>61933118
Q U T E B R O W S E R
>>
why should I switch? Because of some SJW politics that don't and won't affect me as an end user?
nah senpai
>>
What are some super lightweight browsers with nothing more than the modern comforts and plugin support?

Firefox is just running progressively worse and worse for me.
>>
>>61933426
Who is Soros and why should I care? Spoonfeed me your /pol/paganda or I'll just continue using firefox.
>>
File: soros.jpg (180KB, 1200x792px) Image search: [Google]
soros.jpg
180KB, 1200x792px
>>61955117
He's literally Darth Sidious
>>
>>61933118
nightly is top shit atm
>>
>>61933384
Waterfox is slow.
>>
>>61955117
>>61955293
See

>>61933774
>>61934229
>>61934264
>>61940164
>>61943822
>>61943869

The whole Soros thing is /pol/ bullshit because they don't like the lefties who work for Mozilla. I don't like them either, but I'm not gonna lie.

If you're the good guys, truth and reality should be all you need to prove your point. But /pol/ choose to lie all the time, which means they are not the good guys, no matter how much they claim it. They are liars.
>>
>>61933118
is there a firefox alterative that is just the same only more savy on the ram side
>>
>>61933118
Firefox esr with debian patches.
>>
Why use Firefox over Chrome when Mozilla is partly funded by Google?
>>
>>61933118
cause I'm stupid and going to sell this laptop anyway.
But when I get my new one I'm probably going to go with pale moon, I don't know why though.
>>
I've been using Palemoon for ages. Moved from Waterfox when they stopped updating it for a short time. Back when I switched, /g/ was shitting on Palemoon hard. What changed?
>>
>>61933118
Pale Moon. It's pretty fast, has the good classic looks of firefox, treestyle tabs and to my knowledge doesn't leak memory just by having it open.
>>
Get vivaldi. Its built by norwegian engineers, so you know its good.
>>
>>61933667
>CS student

faggot
>>
do you guys know what botnet means or are you just throwing that word around without knowing
>>
>>61946015
Naked Browser
>>
>>61956078
You're full of fucking bullshit - see https://phys.org/news/2017-08-mozilla-fact-checker-fake-news.html

Note,
"The "Mozilla Information Trust Initiative" comes as an automated real-time fact-checking engine developed by the Full Fact foundation was demonstrated in London.
The group, which is backed by Omidyar and Hungarian-born investor and philanthropist George Soros, said its software is capable of spotting lies in real time, and was used to fact-check a live debate at the House of Commons."

What really gives it away for me is the follow quote,
"Mozilla's innovations director Katharina Borchert told AFP that it was working on tools for Firefox and better online education with media groups, universities and tech activists."

media groups, universities and tech activists - normally known as "The Left"
>>
File: fuck-chrome.jpg (7KB, 330x80px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-chrome.jpg
7KB, 330x80px
>>61933118
>>
>>61945613
kek'd

/gee/ in a single post
>>
>>61933413
Iridium or Icecat?
>>
>>61958267
Nowhere does that say Mozilla is working with Soros dude... get some critical thinking skills.

You're making some assumptions and presenting them as fact. Confirmation bias is a bitch and you're its lover.
>>
>>61961190
http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/pierre-omidyar-and-george-soros-foundations-give-500000-to-uk-fact-checking-organisation/
https://www.insidephilanthropy.com/tech-philanthropy/2014/3/6/the-next-soros-the-pierre-omidyar-ukraine-connection.html

Close enough.
>>
>>61960605
Opera
>>
>>61933118
Old habits die hard, innit.
Been using this piece of shit since like 3.0 i think. I've chiselled it to suit my needs even with stupid fucking updates changing the browser's behaviour. Some time ago I jumped to Waterfox because 64bit and it having most of the annoying FF crap turned off.
However, with the addons fiasco upon us I do start thinking about changing the browser once again, but what are the options? Everything looks like shit nowadays.
>>
>>61938289
>they scrapped the Brave ads idea. Instead, they have Brave Payments
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>61956521
Why would you use a browser by an ad company that creeps on everything you do willingly? It runs like shit on android and is slower than FF on desktop on load. Website loads differ as I use no script and others.
>>
>>61956720
I like palemoon. waterfox is fine too.
>>
>>61961190
>get some critical thinking skills
Are you an Ostrich?

I guess it doesn't matter either way as Mozilla will be irrelevent and dead before long.
>>
>>61957925
can it sort bookmarks in alphabetical order with a simple right-click?
>>
>>61933118
I don't know if any kind anons will help with my problem, but I had to do a full browser reset on Firefox and I forgot to record some of my filter lists on Ublock. I remember some months ago that /g/ found something that tracks you and putting in a filter in Ublock stopped it, would anyone know what it was?
>>
>>61933118
Used to use Firefox since v2 or earlier but few years ago switched to Chrome. Now I use Canary as my main browser and also have Nightly installed which is my backup temporary browser in case Canary breaks.
Honestly, I'd probably switch back to Firefox Nightly if some sites like Google Earth Web worked in Firefox because I do like a few things that Firefox does better. And I also have an issue with ALL Chromium browsers: scrolling slows down to 5fps when I load "infinite" pages with images like scrolling far enough on Twitter or Twitch. I've tried numerous flags switches and disabled HWaccel but I can't get rid of this issue.
>>
>>61933570

Different anon here, but I have also always used Mozilla browsers. Starting with Fire bird 0.8, if I remember correctly. The anon's statement could have been my own.
>>
>>61933711

You forgot rule number one: Everything you read on /pol/ is a lie. Even the truth, once read on /pol/, automatically becomes a lie.
>>
>>61933384
anyone having issues with 4chan pass not working, I'm authed but since waterfox updated today I can't post without solving a captcha using 4chan-x and oneechan but turning them both off doesn't fix it
>>
>>61962985
You're talking about that ad/url that was found on 4chan in general. I know what you're talking about. Might not have it though but I'll look.
>>
>>61964132
I have waterfox and 4chanx and I'm still authed just fine.
>>
>>61964173
OS?
>>
>>61964173
press ctrl-f5
>>
>>61964184
This rig is Win10 LTSB
>>61964218
Browser is cleared every time it's closed. I have to auth every time I open it and it works immediately.
>>
>>61938057
I disagree.
palemoon is the fastest I've tried, mainly due to the dev removing horrendous amounts of unnecessary code from Mozilla's now evil creation.

>>61933265
this. it took a bit before I found a greasemonkey for it but now that I can do everything I could before I'm set.
It's tragic what happened to my favorite browser but I always suspected they'd live long enough to become the villain.

>>61933384
This is outperformed by other FF forks.
The deciding factor in the coming years will be weather the others decide to follow mozilla into the uncertainty of of web extensions.

>>61940217
*citation needed
>>
Just use OPERA you fags

It's Chrome but without the Google and SJW shit and with more features (inbuilt Proxy, Adblock and Messenger, speeddial, RSS, ...). It also is 100% compatible to Chrome addons and has a great mobile browser with data compression and adblock.

The only downside is that it's closed source (except for the Chromium base) and owned by the Chinese. However, I'm not living in China so I'd rather have the Chinese government know about my favourite hentais than the CIA and Google.
>>
File: 1502067519108.png (30KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
1502067519108.png
30KB, 224x224px
>>61964505
>uncertainty of web extensions
It's a tried and tested framework by every other browser, there is nothing uncertain about it except maybe some Mozilla exclusive APIs like the one that would allow Tree Style Tabs to live.
>>
>>61964563
and it has Whatsapp and Facebook inbuilt

lol
>>
>>61933118
>which fork
Just normal Firefox.
>why are you still using it
Because I like it. I run it on a Linux machine that runs on an SSD, so there's no difference in speed when compared to Chrome.
>>
>>61964983
Don't forget to go and disable the setting that makes Firefox constantly dump some file to your SSD reducing its lifetime.
>>
>>61933426
>other alternatives
Aaand, discarded.
>>
>>61962970
no
>>
File: Archlinux-icon-crystal-64.svg.png (137KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Archlinux-icon-crystal-64.svg.png
137KB, 2000x2000px
>>61933118
I am not using Firefox, I stopped using it 2 years ago when I fully switched to GNU/Linux as my daily driver and Firefox is not able to render a canvas with your GPU and back then it used to crash a lot and Chromium was faster, could render canvas with GPU and felt better over all, right now I am using a Chromium Fork called Inox and I am very happy using it, it's the butthurt version of Chromium, you can't even install addons from the webstore, you have to download them yourself and then manually add them, but I love that because I am autistic and I need this extra steps.
>>
File: 6dc.jpg (30KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
6dc.jpg
30KB, 400x384px
What's the fucking difference between Chromium forks? Thinking of switching from Chrome to something. Is there anything that eats less memory and still Chrome-related (for easier transfer).
>>
>>61933118
I use pale meme under windows and firefox esr on linux
used to use pale meme on both but it was a hassle to keep working on loonix
>>
idk man google chrome is pretty good
>>
How is chromium different than chrome?
why is one a botnet and the other isnt?
>>
>>61965452
Chromium gets new features and bugs faster unless you use Chrome Canary.
I think it's also maintained mostly by Google. But you can compile your own Chromium without google tracking.
>>
>>61965509
ah ok, i'll probably just stick with pale moon
>>
>>61965270
ungoogled-chromium is chromium but without botnet bullshit. use "the great suspender" extension to lessen ram usage
>>
lol pale moon... enjoy your malware, it doesn't get security updates or only 1-2 months after Mozilla pushed them to Firefox.
>>
>>61965509
>>61965545
>ungoogled chromium
That leaves updates on me, right?
>>
>>61965574
I believe so.
>>
>>61965588
DROPPED
>>
anyway to change the white color scheme on chromium? It's literally blinding
>>
>>61965594
You can try Iridium then, don't know if it's completely free of Google but it has more privacy features.
>>61965612
Don't themes from Chrome store work? I use Darkium theme on Chrome.
>>
>>61965630
maybe it's just the ungoogled one, I'll look at the settings
>>
>>61964855
yes, it's a nice feature indeed. even telegram is supported
>>
Any opinions on Vivaldi?
>>
>>61933426
What's wrong with Vivaldi? I have no complaints.
>>
> Firefox Nightly automatically sends feedback to Mozilla.
>>
>>61961190
Anyone who brings up "confirmation bias" instead of specifically explaining his argument is a bitch. You don't win arguments simply by spouting magic "smart people" phrases. You giant, giant festering vagina, you.
>>
>>61933384
i'm also on Waterfox for now
Pale Moon is just not being updated and begins super far back
>>
BrowserBench.org/Speedometer:

Brave: 103.1
Firefox Nightly: 61.7
>>
File: brave.png (6KB, 243x193px) Image search: [Google]
brave.png
6KB, 243x193px
Thanks, guys
>>
>>61933384
I may just have to switch.
>>
>>61949109
I've seen that slack stuff before where they refuse you due to "not being supported"
is there a way to spoof your browser as being a modern one without actually updating or using one of them
Thread posts: 273
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.