[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Node JS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (2KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2KB, 204x204px
I know I'm going to be cursed by even touching the topic of node, but I'm really in hope that someone in /g/ can help me out.

My tech lead had the brilliant idea to go with nodeJS for the backend of a webapplication that we need to deliver production ready. It gives me the chills by putting node and production ready in the same sentence. I know that Java is not perfect but if something goes wrong I'm sure I can go down to it and do the dirty work, with node? I'm afraid it will all go into flames. Mostly because there is really no one in my team that really understands it.

I hate the community around nodeJS. It's all shinny and pretty small examples, it's all so simple and fun to use. It kindda sounds like intellectual vomit, repeated across different dev blogs. Self promotion material, portfolios to complement your CV with.

It's hard to find resources where you just sense that the author really understands the topic, has the experience and you can proceed to read more from him. Most of the posts don't go beyond the basics.

But really, I have never really gave node a shot to surprise me. I sincerely hope it does.
Can someone please recommend me some good resources on nodeJS?
How it works, structure, error handling, good practices. Intelligent worth resources

Thanks
>>
https://developer.ibm.com/node/sdk/
>>
I feel you anon things like the node js event loop for concurrently handling many requests at a time by non blocking confused me. Basically you have to understand JavaScript well because node leverages weird aspects of the lang . Try this

http://eventdrivenpgm.sourceforge.net/

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/A_re-introduction_to_JavaScript
>>
>>61933004
The node official docs are everything you need.

You are right when you say that most people don't understand node and they should. The event loop as a LOT of quirks, for example.

The biggest advantage of node is that it's easy and fast to use and deploy.

The biggest disadvantage is that it's hard as FUCK to test and check for correctness.
>>
File: kek.png (141KB, 498x731px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
141KB, 498x731px
>>61933004
Fuck off
>>
>>61933004
quit your job sir.
>>
>>61933017
Nice.

>>61933004
This is a good, real source for Nodejs:
https://www.joyent.com/node-js/production
>>
>>61933004
The whole trick is to NOT build complex stuff with node.

Build microservices instead.
Which is a much better idea anyways.
>>
>>61933004
Non-blocking io isn't unique to node. See, java nio. You should learn how it works anyway.
>>
>>61933004
Careful with the habit of node hipsters of shoving every framework directly in the core of the application. In node world there is a big bunch that seem to have forgotten words like "loose coupling" or "DI" and it's a major fucking ass to switch when one of them stops updating, working or gets funny.
And that "stops updating" part is rather common in nodeland where everyone switches framework every 2 years.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.