[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is clover os just a meme? I'd like to know more about i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: goyos.png (69KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
goyos.png
69KB, 1600x1200px
Is clover os just a meme? I'd like to know more about it. I mean look at this fucking website.

https://cloveros.ga/
>>
File: >they designed the logo.jpg (138KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
>they designed the logo.jpg
138KB, 980x1040px
They designed the logo
>>
All /g/ projects are memes
>>
>>61922127
>I mean look at this fucking website

Functional, straight to the point. Gives you everything you need and nothing else.

Ultra lightweight.

It's the definition of a perfect website.
>>
>>61922183
>/g/ can't even make a fucking website properly
>>
>>61922127
You're using the term "meme" incorrectly.
>>
>>61922127
Did /g/ design this logo?
>>
>>61922158
fuck you anon netrunner is going to be GOOD just wait and see

>>61922231
your'er autistic
>>
this thread is unironic btw I would totally install this thing if it actually works and makes sense
>>
>>61922262
I'll even make you a working website just because it annoys me
>>
Have there even been any recent /g/ projects?
Last ones I can recall are CloverOS and gTorrent and that's from 2015...
>>
>>61922518
netrunner is /g/s next big logo project
>>
>>61922518
Shillsaver was glorious.
>>
>>61922577
pls elaborate
>>
>>61922577
https://valkryst.com/schillsaver/
>>
>>61922600
>>61922577
How does it work?

At it's base, Schillsaver utilizes FFMPEG to transform the data of any file into a stream of black and white blocks. Each of these blocks represents a tiny piece of the file's data. When decoding, this process is run in reverse.

As a rough estimate, encoding processes at 0.1 MBps and decoding processes at 3.05 MBps. The resulting encoded file is also, roughly, 2-3x larger than the input file. In-practice, these numbers may vary.
>>
>>61922632
It basically allows you to store files in videos, and use YouTube as a file host if you want to..
>>
>>61922183
>functional, straight to the point, ultra lightweight
>perfect
its ugly tho, pretty much the definition of imperfect tbqh
>>
>>61922647
The idea was posted on /g/, likely after inspiration from ArVid (Popular Russian 1990s way of storing data on VHS tapes) and it was developed over the course of several days and threads here on /g/.
>>
>>61922661
>its ugly tho

Form follows function.
>>
>>61922661
>Utilitarian and usable is ugly because it doesn't use six dozen "modern " frameworks and the look-of-the-week design language.
Thankfully summer will be over soon.
>>
The only /g/ approved distro was TideOS but it never took off
This is a meme
>>
How is that IM client coming along?
>>
>>61922698
You could easily slap in some basic CSS and keep that thing small yet not shitty looking.

>>61922703
You can make solid websites with just HTML + CSS, no extra frameworks. Might aswell use Lynx if you don't care about design.

Although I doubt you don't care, you probably have riced your desktop a bit to fit your personal taste, with a custom background because you like it, yet it provides you no function.
>>
>>61922866
>You could easily slap in some basic CSS and keep that thing small yet not shitty looking.

How would that improve the functionality of the site? It would load slower, require more processing power, and make it take longer to find what I want. You literally can't improve that design, only make it worse. Why don't you slap some basic CSS up your ass instead, hmm?
>>
>>61922982
I doubt even you think that website is the peak of UX.
>>
>>61922866
>CSS
BLOAT

And thanks for assuming my background, shitlord. I use the default backgrounds everywhere except on Windows 10 because the default is eye-rape. I finished ricing shit years ago because I grew up, got a job, and suddenly found I didn't have time to be agonizing over trivial bullshit like flashy animations and l33t themes.

I can't believe I spent dozens of hours configuring compiz, beryl and X in 2009 so I could get rotating cubes and flaming window animations. It's all just pointless time wasting bullshit.
>>
File: 1502139787885.gif (2MB, 480x292px) Image search: [Google]
1502139787885.gif
2MB, 480x292px
>>61922518
Your summer is showing. Tox was successful and is widely used.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.