[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What anti-theft solutions have you implemented for your devices?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

What anti-theft solutions have you implemented for your devices?
>>
Encryption and remote tracking/erase
>>
>>61909768
i shove my phone up my ass
>>
LG G4: Cerberus (remote tracking; control; reverse attacks)
Memepad x230t: BIOS Supervisor password+fingerprint lock; Veracrypt (drive encryption); Prey (remote tracking; control; reverse attacks)

I'm considering switching out my mSata SSD and installing an mPCIE WWAN+GPS card, and using Computrace.

Ive had some valuable shit stolen recently and I'm not taking any chances.
>>
>>61909768
>putting anything valuable in a pocket with no zip while cycling

I thought chinks were smart?
>>
File: crazy.png (22KB, 285x199px) Image search: [Google]
crazy.png
22KB, 285x199px
I keep everything in my front pockets and I don't let myself lose awareness if I'm in a place where there are other people.
>>
>>61909790
Wow I never thought of doing that. Imagine getting a call.
>>
File: 1499473435211.png (269KB, 799x512px) Image search: [Google]
1499473435211.png
269KB, 799x512px
>>61910340
>Hello? This i-
>>
>>61909790

Would still steal it desu
>>
>>61909768
>when your Kung Fu dojo isn't making enough money
>>
>>61909790
>i shove my phone up my ass

That's a pretty shit anti-theft system
>>
>>61909768
disable lockscreen on phone
biometrics up the ass on desktop
>>
>>61909768
>What anti-theft solutions have you implemented for your devices?
I don't go to china.
Or USA
>>
>>61910710
>someone tries stealing ur car
>just shoot them with your glock brand glock
What's the problem with the US of A?
>>
>>61909768

i thought activation locked deterred this
>>
>>61909768

I carry it in my breast pocket. And I *WILL* notice if it's suddenly not in my pocket anymore by the feel of the weight being gone alone.
>>
>>61910710
this
i can't believe how common it is for people to just get their shit taken from them in the street in the US, like holy shit i thought it was a 1st world country.

>someone comes up to me asking to use my phone for something
>hand it over
>they make their call
>give it back
this is an unbelievable story to americans
>>
>>61910747
A deterrent is not a prevention.
>>
>>61910797
The part you left out of your story was the guy who asked for your phone was probably white and didn't look threatening in any way.
>>
>>61910820

why would you want to steal a brick?
>>
File: 1501246371370.jpg (16KB, 258x360px) Image search: [Google]
1501246371370.jpg
16KB, 258x360px
>>61910738
>glock band glock
cock or glock
>>
>>61910834
in this particular instance yes, but blacks where i live don't steal shit from people in the street either. it's just such a non-issue that i can't believe it's so pervasive in america to the point where you literally cannot even trust a stranger asking you what the time is in the street
>>
>>61910873
I'm pretty certain somebody somewhere has figured out a way to either break into locked phones or just completely wipe everything out and have it start as a brand new OS.

If not that, I know for certain that even bricked phones have value to the right people. Granted, nowhere near as much money as they retail for, but money is money. Like how people will steal scrap metal and copper.
>>
>>61910891
And what utopian land of safety and friendliness do you live in, my friend?
>>
I don't plug my phone into other people's laptops to charge.
t.mexinigger
>>
>>61910738
why will somebody steal my car?
>>
>>61910941
norway
>>
>>61910973
Fair enough. Let both America and pretty much the rest of the western world serve as a warning to you about what happens when your government lets in the wrong people into your country. Or else they look the other way when a certain group of people are shown to commit more crime than usual. The thing you are not aware of is that Norway is the exception, not the rule. So feel free to look down your nose at the rest of us who are more cautious, but we are actually what's "normal" now in the rest of Western society. Go out and visit another country some time.

Norway doesn't import as many Muslim economic migrants as Sweden does, correct?
>>
>>61910941
>being able to actually trust strangers is a "Utopia" to Amerifats
Can't make this stuff up, what a shithole.
>>
>>61911028
not as many, but i have many swedish friends and unless you live in a bad part of a major city it's just as safe there regardless of the white:nigger ratio, cities just seem to attract the worst types of people across the world
>>
>>61909768
Not going outside.
>>
>>61911055
>cities just seem to attract the worst types of people across the world

And that's exactly where the majority of us who exercise caution are coming from, regardless of nationality.
>>
>>61911034
America is as large as Europe, you can't generalize the entire country.

In my city, I wouldn't really be afraid to leave my car unlocked or ask a stranger to take a picture with my phone.
There are many places where I would not do either.
>>
>>61911055
>cities just seem to attract the worst types of people across the world
Why is this? Everyone I've ever met in a large city has been either an asshole or a criminal, it doesn't matter where in the world I am. Are scumbags attracted to cities or do cities create scumbags?

Either way I'm glad I live in a nice mid-sized town. Big enough to have everything you need but small enough to have a sense of community.
>>
File: d2e.png (92KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
d2e.png
92KB, 412x351px
>make thread about technology
>get discussion about sociology instead

We really should just name this place "polchan" and be done with it
>>
>>61911235
The theory I subscribe to is that it's easier for low-quality human beings to exist in a city. A city has many conveniences and "safety nets" for welfare leeches and morons to get by on. Rural areas do not.
>>
>>61911307
that happens where is no fucking mods or they are fucking paid to only delete certain threads, but bait, derail are totally intact, even fucking /trash/ has better moderation
>>
File: pepeRAGE.jpg (16KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pepeRAGE.jpg
16KB, 640x640px
>>61911307
>>61911351
>conversation about human interaction
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES GET OUT
I guess the stereotype is true.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VEyPgu7hGk
>>
>>61911442
>conflation: the post
>>
>>61911235
Lots of targets, lots of faces to disappear into
>>
>>61909963
>BIOS Supervisor password+fingerprint lock;
Wow, so I just flash Libreboot and boot into an HDD. Real secure there anon.

Also, why not LUKS, Vera and EncrFS are only for encrypting directories and such.
>>
>>61910366
>>61910586
>sensible_chuckle.avi
>>
>>61911668

This is why I'm considering Computrace for its persistent tracking -
At least I'll have a last known location before the BIOS is gone.

Apart from that, it's a risk analysis of the likelihood of a true power user attacking the device. Because in that scenario, there's simply nothing you can do in the case they get physical access.

But it seems to me that most thieves, like general users, are idiots, and my solution should work in most cases.

>Also, why not LUKS, Vera and EncrFS are only for encrypting directories and such.
Chose Vera because it can do both; and I'm using Windows exclusively on the machine currently.
>>
>>61909768
My devices are encrypted and turned off while traveling. Only exception is my iPhone, which is freshly restarted, and has access to nothing but emergency contacts (my wife, my parents, my employer, and my lawyer). Find my iPhone is also active, and the lock is 25 digits long. Debating picking up an apple watch. Not to actually use, mind you, but to send an alert when the iphone gets far enough away for the bluetooth to fail, which would notify me, at which point, I could break out my encrypted laptop, find the phone, and get it back/disable it.
>>
>>61909768
ME (not intel ME, but myself, the person)
>>
>>61912012

What do you mean by 'traveling'? What kind of distances; mode of transport?
>>
>>61909768
ITT: poltards fucking shit up again

As for the OP, my anti-theft solution: I use a Lumia 635. Nobody wants that POS, and if somebody did jack that shit from me, they'd be doing me a favor.
>>
>>61912177
If I'm not in my house, and not actively using the tech, it's turned off or freshly restarted and not unlocked. Even if I'm just driving the 2.2 miles from my duplex to my work in my own car.
>>
>>61912225

Now that's some hard-out policy right there. Good stuff, anon
>>
>>61912368
Despite the "Blue Lives Matter" magnet on my car, I don't trust the police. It's just a good way to get out of traffic tickets.
>>
>>61909768
My Galaxy S6 has pin password+fingerprint password. No way anyones getting into the phone. If it gets stolen anyways, I can GPS track it online.
>>
>>61912403

Uhh, I said "policy", not "police"..
>>
>>61912480
I'm aware, but the police are the only ones who will impede me during my travels via car, which is why I still encrypt then.
>>
>>61911331
Rural areas are more completely commie and government system fed, but everyone knows everyone so it's harder to get away with anything.
>>
>>61912403
>It's just a good way to get out of traffic tickets.
Will take note if I ever go to your country
>>
>>61912403
Man, what's with all these Thin Blue Line hate group flags I'm seeing on cars these days?
>>
>>61912839
I don't hate the cops. I don't trust anyone. I'm still willing to make people think that I'm on their side in order to gain preferential treatment, though.
>>
File: 1473298062124.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1473298062124.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>61909768
Encyrption on my portable devices. Recorded all the serial numbers and registered them for tracking.

If you're fucking stupid enough to steal a device that has internet practically anywhere, has an unique serial and identification code and has a GPS, then you deserve whatever you have coming.
>>
>>61910237
>having pickpockets in your country

Third world as hell. Never heard of anyone ever having their pockets picked here.
>>
>>61912880
Naw, that's a good plan, fám. Just, more than a few people around here have gone all out, flying literal 3ft x 5ft TBL flags, full-rear-window decals, and the like.
>>
>>61909768
leaving it at home
>>
>>61912957
I'm not looking to get my shit keyed by BLM fags. A magnet lets me get off the hook where cops are around, and lets me remove it when I'm in a part of town where that message would get my car keyed.
>>
>>61909768
Not leaving my room
>>
>anti-theft solutions for my phone
>it's not a fucking $1000 fashion accessory/theft magnet that happens to also send texts and run a facebook app: seriously what the fuck is wrong with people
>locked, full encryption: the phone is a brick if you don't have the right fingerprint and numeric code
>kept in front pocket: because a phone is not a seat cushion and if anyone wants to take it they're going to have to fondle my junk for it
>>
>>61909768
Carry dumb phones around.

If I have to have a mobile computer, carry cheap $150 laptop.

Else desktop.
>>
>>61909768
Don't live with niggers.
>>
>>61913910
Good goy.
>>
By never relaxing around blacks.
>>
>>61909768
Not living in chinkland.
>>
My phone and wallet goes in my front pockets. Only way you can get them is knock me out or kill me. I figure I won't need then if either of those events happen anyway.
>>
>>61910865
underrated post
>>
>>61910865
Who's on the other line?
>>
>>61910865
WHO WAS PHONE
>>
>>61910941
I would entrust my phone and wallet to anybody on the street for an amount of time and I would get it back.
(unless they're gypsies, then I wouldn't even show that i have money on me). It's a very sad society where you can't do that.
>>
>>61912403
Media in my country said about the blue lives matter movement "A racist movement"
>>
40$ phone (nexus 4) so i don't really care.
>>
>>61909790
Why do you think he uses chopsticks? He knows his job
>>
>>61911028
>Norway doesn't import as many Muslim economic migrants as Sweden does, correct?
Norway isn't EU you dipshit. Holy shit the dumb hurts.
>>
40$ phone (nexus 4) so i don't really care.
>>
>>61909790
I bet you have room for 10 Xiaomi Mi MIX phones too.
>>
I live and work in white suburbia
>>
File: 1200px-Fiat_126_Napoli[1].jpg (163KB, 1200x777px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Fiat_126_Napoli[1].jpg
163KB, 1200x777px
>>61910366
>>
>>61911653
This.
>>
>>61909768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4oB28ksiIo
This does give something to think about as >>61911912
points out. It's really about threat modeling. For the run of the mill nig, tracking and being able to remote control the machine can be helpful. Encrypt sensitive info individually instead of making it impossible to use, forcing the thief to wipe the system.
>>
>>61909768
Do share! So people like us can work around them too.
>>
1. I use ThinkPads. It's very unlikely anyone would want to steal them, especially my beat-up X200t.

2. I use encryption on my laptops and phone, and a very strong password to protect my data in the event that anything is stolen.

3. When I'm outside, I keep my phone in my inside front pocket of my jacket. When travelling, I keep my shit in my pocket or a small bag which is on the FRONT of my body.
>>
>>61910973
Norway needs another hero like Breivik.
Make that 30 heroes, and send them on a mission to clean the neighboring countries of the immigrant scum.
>>
>>61912403
I'd put one of those on my car, but I don't wanna have some BLM thug slashing my tires.
>>
>>61909768
>cyclist
Absolutely deserves everything coming to them
>>
>>61913910
The best niggers are white.
>>
>>61910738
usa IS the problem anon. No one likes you, no one wants you.
>>
>>61919200
Don't bet on it, the norwegians also bent over backwards when hitler moved in
>>
>>61920262
Nothing wrong with that.
Hitler loved them and allowed them to thrive.
>>
>>61910710

I lived in China and could leave my brand new iPhone on the bar, in plain sight, charging. This was on one of the busiest streets for drinking for foreigners and Chinese in Shanghai.

I could leave the bar for a fucking hour and come back and nobody would have even touched the damn thing.

I was in The States for a week and someone broke into my car.

Fucking Americans.
>>
>>61909768
Tracking via google and samsung
Code on phone, recovery and sd card
Inly will connect to usb if its in proximity of my house (charging works everywhere)
Phone wont start without sd card and sd card cant be read without phone

Thats about all. All time gps if outside is a bitch but i endure.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.