[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work as a web dev for a pretty big company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: demo-content-filled.jpg (271KB, 1080x1885px) Image search: [Google]
demo-content-filled.jpg
271KB, 1080x1885px
... and this is what a recent client wants us to develop.

I can't figure out if it is absolute gold or exceptional insanity. At any rate they want us to build this but they don't have any real capital. We quoted them 60k to build it. I'll dump their additional information ITT. It's pretty entertaining I think.
>>
Company name/motto
jacketbook
- making the world more open and secure

What does jacket mean?
jacket: prison slang for ones legal history

Basic site features:
-All users claim their accounts rather than create them. By entering their birth date, name, and providing a photo id, along with a valid cc they can then use their account, judge jackets, comment, etc. All site features are unlocked to them except premium usership.
-All jacketbook profiles are generated via the background checking API. Only jackets in the USA will be initially featured on JB. The whole system will undergo updates on a quarterly basis. This makes the information instant, and free, totally ad driven.
-Users will be able to add things to their jackets such as: property holdings, business holdings, cars, boats, and planes they own. They can even add criminal charges to their own jackets. i.e. "Theft- When i was in high school i stole someones pen" - etc.
-Non-premium users can only judge jackets once every hour on startup and then every 3 hours after the site has traction.
-Users can submit evidence regarding their court cases and can provide an explanation in their own words as to what had happened. Two features: evidence, testimony.
>>
-Judged jackets are highly important and will be on a real time feed aggregator on the main site design.
-Judging a jacket with one of two buttons: guilty, or not guilty. After a button is selected the user is prompted to write a statement of judgement. (Only one comment per charge on a jacket is allowed and comments (judgement) cannot be removed.)
-There is no reporting system.
-All comments on JB are the intellectual property of the poster.
-There are no fake accounts on JB.
-Court cases from the past, present, and future can all be judged/voted on.
-Ad blockers are disabled on jacketbook.com - site is unviewable with an adblocker.

JB premium account features
-------------------------
-see phone numbers and addresses
-no wait time on judging jackets
-free printable background report acceptable by employers
-unlimited user messaging
-see credit reports
-premium account seal on jacket
-access to the mobile app
>>
Jacketbook rating: JBR
-This is a 'social safety' rating.
-The point system is still being debated but essentially someone with a clean jacket would have a 100% rating.
-Someone with a dirty jacket, say 10 criminal charges, might have 60% rating.
-The lower the rating, the more dangerous the person.
-A JBR is on every jacket beside the users name.

Information provided in jackets
--------------------------------
First, middle last name
Also seen as names- former maiden names, alias
Date of birth
City of birth
Phone number - ONLY VERIFIED JB USERS ONLY
Address - ONLY VERIFIED JB USERS ONLY
Relatives
Divorce/marriage records
Social media accounts
Criminal record
Driving records
Credit rating - ONLY VERIFIED JB USERS ONLY
Property holdings
Vehicles owned

*The JB database updates the 250,000,000 jackets quarterly.
>>
Criminal Records -basic structure
---------------------------------
Charge: 1st & 2nd Degree Murder View Testimony (user submitted)
Offense Date: June 12, 1994 View Evidence (user submitted)
Offense State: Flordia View Court Transcripts (user submitted)
Case Number: 52166
Verdict: Not Guilty
Jacketbook Judgements: Guilty # - Not Guilty #
(buttons to vote guilty/not)
-Once a button has been pressed user is prompted for a judgement summary (comment). this cannot be deleted.
View Guilty Judgements (clickable brings up all guilty comments votes with user names etc)
View Not Guilty Judgements (located under the not guilty button brings up comments)

Business Jackets
----------------
-Business jackets are broken down into the company creation date, board members, ceo, personell listings.
-Holdings are listed, properties owned across the globe.
-Net worth.
-Stock values
-Legal history: complete listing of all lawsuits and legal battles the company has fought or been involved in.

Note: Several other potential features are in concept development right now but this is the basic structure of the intended finished product, Jacketbook.

I'm not going to have you sign a NDA at this point. We're holding the domain hostage so it wouldn't even matter if you tried to develop it anyways. We'd force you to be business partners. So, with that being said, now that you know we are dogs of war, I hope that your design team is as ruthless as we are. I'm looking forward to a competitive price quote and hopefully an offer on partnership. What we're building is going to take over the background checking industry, put lots of fuckers out of work, and be a prototype to a web based court room. The court room of the future is nearly here, we believe that we are paving the way. Hopefully, you pedes will have the brains to join us in creating a safer, more open, secure digital society.
>>
>>61906349
.... what the fuck

Is this a page where you lookup other people's criminal records and vote on if they happened?

I am just beginning to understand the implications of this
>>
I kinda hope they pull the capital together and get us to develop it.

Thoughts?
>>
>>61906376
yea anon, their site is going to be jacketbook.com
>>
So another site that hoards mugshots that will remove them at $700 a pop? You should feel dirty OP.
>>
>>61906414
I don't think that's part of their business plan.
This is all the info they sent us to give them a quote.
The only revenue is from ads and premium accounts.

What site are you talking about? post sauce
>>
>>61906349
>sam hyde
fuck off
>>
>>61906470
I thought the same thing.
When I was on the phone with the jacketbook guy he mentioned how all the comments made to the site would be the property of the posters.
It instantly reminded me of 4chan's disclaimer at the bottom of every page.
>>
>>61906349
This is insane, giving more power to the public and ignoring the court jugement...
Everything can go wrong here...
>>
>>61906349
>wreckless driving
>>
Isn't there already a website like that? They show arrest photos, and they make money off it by getting people to pay to take their info off?
>>
>>61906435
mugshots.com off the top of my head, which is a literal racket. They scrape prison sites and you have to pay for them to take it down, even when the prison they scrapped it from removes it.
>>
>>61906349
>sam hyde
>$9001

>>61906488
He probably lurks on this site, lel
>>
please do a pro bono hue polititians version after you guise become multi billionaires.

on a side note, this idea could become quite popular if used in a political watch dog kind of way, for any given country. Don't know about revenue, but popularity would come easily, I think
>>
File: MAIN-demo-newuser.png (193KB, 1920x1080px)
MAIN-demo-newuser.png
193KB, 1920x1080px
There were 3 additional storyboards they sent us.
>>
2/3
>>
>>61906613
they're lurkers for sure

3/3 a literal definition on urban dictionary lol
thats everything they sent us
>>
>>61906613
Or OP took you on some sort of ruse cruise.
>>
How long do you expect this to take? .NET?
>>
>>61906686
nah m8 the website is actually real.

go to jacketbook.com and find out

>>61906690
our estimate was 6 months build time possibly more
>>
>>61906386
I'd contribute
>>
>>61906489
I'd rather be at the mercy of the public than that of the court system. Juries are rigged, judges are biased, attorneys are scum.
>>
>>61906653
pitch the idea for consumer and political watch dog groups, maybe they'll invest.

But for the business profiles I think most of the stuff -- the good stuff, at least -- would be under gag orders. And cutting way too close at slandering practices for comfort. Don't know what the burgers laws have to say about it, but if you poked a big enough company they wouldn't spare any effort to bring you down before you can get notoriety.. or you could one big fight and position yourselves as the bullied underdog fighting for the people to go viral, a big popularity boost.
>>
>>61906795
the only reason i posted any of this is because all of this information is on their patreon except that last part about the NDA

I think there is some degree of potential here and you are for sure right about these jacketbook boys getting sued.
It seems like this would be a dangerous site to run imo.
>>
>>61906698
>6 months

holy shit batman, any kid straight outta colledge could whip something up with django in 2 weeks, why are times in corporate stuff so curayze
>>
>>61906741
in addition to being fucking retarded `the public' is all those things a hundredfold though...
>>
>>61906898
Why we estimated it would take so long is the background checking API scraping and account/jacket creation of 250 million Americans accounts.
There are lots of other variables like the "Judge Tree" feature (much like ravellaw.com) that they want us to implement.
Some of the things they want on the site dictate more of a 200k price tag but we quoted them 60 so we could at least get the contract.
I don't think they really understand how expensive it is to create a site like this.
>>
>>61906894
leave the businesses out and focus on politians, at least first. Celebs could be a side dish for the normies' lulz and to gather some extra traffic, but try to position yourselves as a serious site, instead of a gimmicky, or purely gossip-like, one.

But I doubt you get monetization similar to other social media, probably would be better donations from activists or the unwashed masses; in a not-for-profit scheme, but well balanced in terms of fixed expenses/income.
>>
Its your job as a webdev to take retards money and pretend you believe in their disastrous ideas. Take the money and do the work then let em crash and burn.
>>
>>61907059
That was our plan but they don't even have enough money for a deposit lol
>>
>>61906926
Either way you're fucked, I suppose.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.