[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 46

File: 1502451475318.jpg (67KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1502451475318.jpg
67KB, 1024x768px
>>
To the anon who offered me the solution "\xdf" to my lcd display problem a few days ago.

Thank you. It worked perfectly.
>>
I've got a WRT54G (v4) which I'm only going to use as a wireless router. ISP modem is great and has 5GHz wireless, but only 1 computer LAN port and three other TV LAN ports which for whatever reason don't work over local network (probably because it doesn't support local network period), which is necessary in my case.

Should I use some freetard free as in freedom fimware or is Linksys's firmware good enough?
>>
File: 10 meme points to you.jpg (18KB, 239x236px) Image search: [Google]
10 meme points to you.jpg
18KB, 239x236px
I recently got a Galaxy S8 as an upgrade deal to replace my old iPhone 5. Now that I'm finally on a non shit OS, how do I customize it so it's not fugly and clunky as shit?

Mainly I really want to completely remove Bixby and Google Assistant.
>>
>>61901824
>use as a wireless router.
Dammit, I mean as a wired router.
>>
>>61901824
>>61901903
If all you want to do is increase the number of LAN ports, you can get a switch. But if you really want to use the Linksys then go for it. The firmware it's got is fine for basic switching.
>>
I'm trying to cross compile a rust program from Ubuntu 17.04 to windows 10. I managed to compile a simple "hello world" program but not one full of dependencies. I'm linking with x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc but it seems to be missing some libraries. It says:
/usr/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-ld: cannot find -lAdvapi32
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Has anyone here done something like this?
>>
>>61901835
You're gonna want to flash a custom ROM. Check the XDA Forums' Galaxy S8 Android Development section.
>>
What is the deal with the CIA/NSA and consumer processors? I know they put in some backdoors, but does that basically mean that they can monitor everything you do even if you are running secure OS/software? Is there a date that this all started? Have the manufacturers responded to this at all?
>>
>>61901045
Excellent video Pajeet
>>
File: font.png (9KB, 739x201px) Image search: [Google]
font.png
9KB, 739x201px
Re-asking from old thread:
Anyone know this font?

>>61901945

It's probably looking inside /lib for windows specific library files, I'd say to try and get the library files you need, from sys32 or whatever, and put them inside the local directory, then add -L$(pwd), or equivalent, to your build command
>>
>>61901940
I'm going to go for dd-wrt since the linksys firmware doesn't have an option for static ip leases.
>>
Does a passkey generator exist for the MSDT?
>>
Is h265 a meme? What advantages does it have over h264 10-bit?
>>
So my university library have iMacs with really fast internet but I cant install anything in it. How do I torrent?
>>
>>61902516
Portable executable on a flash drive?
>>
Where does 4chan X store its settings? Even after clearing all browser data my settings persist.
>>
im installing itunes (thanks for any concern that might be offered but i'm happy to keep using itunes, at least for now) on a new laptop and im at the stage of selecting a destination folder
i keep all my music on an external harddrive (in an auto-generated itunes folder), so should i (or even can i) choose this external harddrive to be the installation destination folder?
thanks
>>
>>61902571
are you underage
>>
>>61902314
Damn, that was easy. Took a while though.
>>
>>61902540
4chanX has a reset settings button in the top of the settings menu
>>
what are the prereqs to read Intel Software Developer's Manual and all its references?
>>
Are there any good disk partitioning programs for windows? They all seem shady as fuck. I just want to shrink my main drive, but windows is being retarded and claims I can't do it because of immovable files.
>>
File: 1497851175425.jpg (26KB, 440x586px) Image search: [Google]
1497851175425.jpg
26KB, 440x586px
Not exactly tech, but I figure I'd get a better understanding here from someone who understands 3D engines and stuff than on /v/. Can someone explain why my framerate in CSGO shits the bed if I increase my FOV?

CSGO doesn't have a FOV slider, so you have to manipulate it by changing the aspect ratio of your resolution. If I go from 16:9 to 16:8ish (2560x1440 to 3072x1440), my framerate turns to total dogshit and the game actually isn't even playable on some maps because my framerate is so low. It's not a GPU limitation because I have a 1080Ti and GPU usage is barely above 20%. In some cases my FPS goes from like 180 to 100.

Whats the deal? Is it because when you have a wider FOV there are more objects on the screen that the CPU has to deal with, or something like that? Is there anything I can do about it short of waiting for better CPUs?
>>
>>61901429
I have 4 domains hosted with godaddy. I have cPanel for linux and I am trying to make websites that kinda look like the newyorkpost.com

What should I use to give my website a nice interface? Should I code HTML files and upload them or is there better softwares that have less coding and more interface addons?

I am using cPanel for linux.
>>
>>61903038
You're kinda right, a higher fov does mean more objects to draw, whichs means more processing/rendering time per frame. What you might be experiencing though is just a quirk of GPUs in general in that they are really designed and optimised to produce graphics at certain resolutions (and aspect ratios). But to say for sure you'd have to run it in a debugger or a profiler to see where the bottlenecks are.
>>
>>61903038
>Is it because when you have a wider FOV there are more objects on the screen that the CPU has to deal with
yes
things that aren't on screen at any particular time don't need to be drawn/animated, sometimes even physics may be skipped or simplified for them

"stepping back" to get more things onto the screen is one way to slow down a game, but games account for this by lowering the quality of objects further away from you

but with a wider fov, this doesn't happen, as the distance from objects doesn't change, so this might have a larger impact on performance
>>
>>61902928
Lots of initiative, patience and free time
>>
File: th.jpg (10KB, 275x226px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10KB, 275x226px
>>61903038
>>61903255
it might not be very apparent just how much more of an area the game needs to consider with relatively small fov adjustments
>>
>>61902534
Do macs have portable executable torrent clients? I tried searching but didn't find any
>>
>>61903154
>>61903255
ty anons, guess I'll buy me a i7 coffee lake when they come out
>>
How do I scan my LAN to find IPs of devices?
>>
File: 1496079053949.jpg (128KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496079053949.jpg
128KB, 800x1200px
4K 100Hz+ non-TN 30"+ monitors when? I want to move to 4K but I don't really think it's worth it at 27", the current standard size for a 'big' monitor.
>>
What cooling would you guys recommend for 6700k, current one is barely keeping up with stock clocks.
>>
If I use cpu onboard graphics instead of a dedicated gpu will there be a significant or at least noticable performance drop during general use
web browing, video playblack, navigating explorer etc.?

Win 10 64bit
>>
>>61903502
What do you consider 'barely keeping up'? Unless its getting hot enough to downclock don't worry too much about it, unless you mean you need more thermal headroom to overclock.

The NHD15 and Phanteks PCHwhateverthefuck are both pretty good. You might just have gotten a shitty application of TIM though and need to delid, I dropped more than 30C after delidding.
>>
Alright. I have a drive with some fucked up sectors or something. It works for the most part but hangs indefinitely when trying to access certain files.

Here's the issue: I'm trying to install a linux (xubuntu) on a different drive (one that isn't fucked up), but when I run any kind of disk utility like gparted they get stuck on trying to scan the broken drive. My xubuntu installer also gets stuck, I assume it's for the same reason.

So, how can I install xubuntu to /dev/sdc without having to touch /dev/sdb?
>>
>>61902721
no (its even worse; i'm simply incompetent)
could you help me anyway
from that response i'm guessing you just cant install programs on a harddrive? you need all the other things that only a computer/laptop has
could you confirm/deny this though please
>>
File: specs.png (18KB, 467x425px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
18KB, 467x425px
>>61901429
is a 600 watt EVGA Bronze 80+ PSU enough to run all of this stuff?

if so, why does my computer keep turning off while gaming/under load

faulty PSU?
>>
>>61902571
>>61903799

Just give it a go, itunes will only work with that drive plugged in though, if it doesn't work anyway for whatever reason just reinstall itunes on to the internal hdd
>>
>>61903817
It should run that easily, you're probably pulling 400 from the wall, tops.

>why does my computer keep turning off while gaming/under load
I had this issue and for the longest time I thought it was my GPU dying, turned out the PSU was toast. If possible try another PSU if you have one spare or one you can borrow, or just try your luck and RMA it.
>>
>>61903891
ok, will do, cheers
>>
>>61903535
It depends more on your CPU not on your OS, if you have a relatively decent CPU then only using onboard graphics will be fine for just web browsing and video playback, you might notice some slight hesitations but not many
>>
>>61903941
I have another PSU I'm about to try. I wanted anon opinions before I went thru the trouble of swapping PSU's from one computer to another
>>
>>61903646
Why not just unplug the bad drive then install xubuntu?
>>
>>61904006
You're better off swapping the psu first before trying anything, crashes under load are usually the PSUs fault
>>
File: action.jpg (127KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
action.jpg
127KB, 990x660px
>>61904050
thanks. gonna swap it now
>>
>>61903646
>>61904020

Yeah I decided to just unplug it, install, and plug it back in. It worked.
>>
So I downloaded a TV series and each episode is in its own directory. What's a one liner that'll move all the AVIs into the parent directory.
>>
>>61904951
If you're on windows just search for *.avi and then move the files to one directory
>>
>>61904983
I'm no using Windows you fucking asshole, do I look like a degenerate to you?
>>
>>61905072
If you don't use Windows and don't know how to do this, you are a hipster degenerate.
>>
>>61905153
Or I just don't know how to do it.
>>
is there any program to burn into cd a linux installation?Bc my mobo doesn't support booting from usb or smtn
>>
https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/sys/6245507086.html
should i gwet this or not
>>
>>61905336
Mac user detected
>>
>>61905471
I've been using Linux for almost a decade as well but I currently am using OS X.
>>
>>61905441
Make the pc on pcpartpicker.com and see what its worth. Also >>>/g/pcbg
>>
Is it a good idea if i add a single 8gig
to my current dual channel ( 2 x 4gigs ) ?
asking because i found one for 50 bucks
>>
>>61905481
>I've been using Linux for almost a decade
>can't use the mv command with wildcards
You're not fooling anyone
>>
>>61905676
I'm not trying to fool anyone, I'm telling you facts. Whether or not you choose to believe them is your own choice. I'm not here to discuss my OS experience though. Either answer the damned question or move along.
>>
File: Converter Exe.webm (247KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Converter Exe.webm
247KB, 852x480px
Dumb question here, is something like webm related possible?
Just a exe file that puts a given input into a defined output?
>>
>>61905703
Not an exce but a batch script can do that
>>
>>61905709
do you know for what i have to search to find more info on stuff like that?
>>
>>61905741
"drag and drop batch script webm"
first link
>>
File: 1501306983471.jpg (221KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1501306983471.jpg
221KB, 800x1200px
>Main PC is connected to router.
>Router is connected to modem.
>Both router and modem supply DHCP

How do I access network devices connected to the modem from one connected to the router, and vice versa?
>>
File: hdmi to h20.png (2MB, 1975x959px) Image search: [Google]
hdmi to h20.png
2MB, 1975x959px
Is Armhf architecture any different than armv7-a?

or more specifically, if i have a device that says it uses armv7-a architecture, should software compiled in armhf architecture be compatible?
>>
>>61905888
disable dhcp
>>
>>61905888
This is whats going on: NAT.
the router is providing nat to devices behind it as is the modem.

You need to configure the router to allow port forwarding to specific devices and ports that you are trying to access.

OR

Configure the router to dnat on both sides of its interfaces (if this is possible) and then configure each pc or device's routing tables to use the router as the path to the other network

OR

use only a single device to perform NAT and dhcp functions
>>
File: 1499552214889.jpg (71KB, 800x742px) Image search: [Google]
1499552214889.jpg
71KB, 800x742px
>>61905925
I wish it were that simple, you apparently can't disable DHCP (enable bridge mode) in the VZW actiontec router if you also have cable service, it just disables my internet entirely.

I could just port forward my FTP and access my drive that way, but I'd rather keep it internal and not open shit if I don't have to.
>>
>>61906022
your going to have to port forward.

for some added security use a non traditional port. have it forward port 60000 on public side to ftp on private side.

that will keep out 99% of the ftp bots
>>
>>61906022
You are wanting to be able to access devices on the private side from the public side.

this necessarily involves 'opening shit'

how did you think you could access something on the private side from the public side without opening anything up?
>>
>>61901429
Why can't I install the Chromium webbrowser on Debian 9?

sudo apt-get install chromium-browser

What am I doing wrong? All I get is [codeE: Unable to locate package chromium-browser

Is it not in the Debian repositories?

Also, why doesn't Debian 9 come with ifconfig but does come with ping? What's up with that?
>>
>>61906108
try
apt-cache search chromium | grep -i chromium
>>
File: 1497311523204.jpg (26KB, 629x474px) Image search: [Google]
1497311523204.jpg
26KB, 629x474px
>>61906002
>>61906057

Thank you anons. I will look into DNAT and try to figure something out, but I will just port forward in the mean time.
>>
>>61906126
just so you know, doing dnat on both sides is less secure than port forwarding.

anyone who tries to access an ip address on the private side from public will be able to.

it will basically perform the same routing that a router does on private-to-public but in reverse as well.

only do this is the public side of your router is another trusted network (i.e. in your house)
>>
>>61906121
it gives me the following
chromium - web browser
chromium-driver - web browser - WebDriver support
chromium-l10n - web browser - language packs
chromium-shell - web browser - minimal shell

To add context, I am posting on another computer because I don't seem to have a browser installed on the one I wish to install Chromium onto.
>>
>>61906175
Those are the packages it found in the repo
I would try
sudo apt-get install chromium
>>
>>61906189
Now I know that my packages are broken.
>>
File: 1501388064456.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1501388064456.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>61906073
I didn't, but that seems to be the easiest way to get a mappable network address to the drive, considering I have two DHCP providers.

If I had it my way, you would ONLY be able to access internally, I don't have anything I'd need to access when not home.

Although now that I think about it, I'm still a fucking retard, and I'll just bridge mode the Netgear assuming that's possible.
>>
>>61905888
So your router is connected to the modem via its WAN port, I take it? If not you'd have 2 conflicting DHCP servers on the same network, I guess that's not the case.

You have 2 separate LANs in that case, one is the modem's and the other is your router's. Devices behind the router should be able to connect to shit behind the modem, but not the other way around unless you port forward on your router. If you want something to be accessible online from behind the router you'd need to port forward both on the router and on the modem.

That network setup doesn't sound ideal for a simple home network to me, I'd try to get rid of a DHCP server and have everything in a single LAN, that way all devices will have access to everything else and you only have to port forward on the modem for access from the internet. The simplest way to do that if you cannot set your modem into bridge mode (which would be ideal) is to disable DHCP on your router and connect it to the modem through a LAN port instead of through its WAN port. That way you'd basically be using the router as a sort of switch/AP hybrid.
>>
>>61906212
try
sudo apt-get update

to refresh packages
>>
>>61906225
should be possible to bridge your router to the modem, and that should work as well
>>
File: 9eNzO.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
9eNzO.gif
2MB, 600x338px
What kind of hosting service I'd go to if I wanted shell access to Off-site VMs?

For web hosting small resume website among other things. I'd run out of my home but after moving to a new place I'm stuck with DSL for a while.
>>
>>61901429
Anyone know why rocket league crashes windows? I have an i5 4960k clocked to 4.4(stable), a 970, Windows 10.

I mean, what the fuck? There's like 100 solutions and none of them have worked yet.
>>
>>61906339
I still am unable to install the chromium package as it complains it is unable to correct the problems as I apparently have held broken packages.
>>
>>61906402
Update drivers?
>>
I'm so confused, not a tech related question. A person called me and they had the wrong number. I informed them of this. I simply told him "Sir, I'm sorry you have the wrong number." He was then like "Okay, I'm looking for some hotel" (I couldn't really tell what he said aside from hotel), and I said "Sir, I am not an employee at any hotel. I cannot help you." His response "Fuck you kid. You're a piece of shit." Then he hung up. I'm so confused.
>>
>>61906395

Additionally, maybe something running VCenter so I could dynamically create and remove VMs as I'd want. I don't know if such a thing would exist, but I'd be interested to know if it did.
>>
>>61906440
Well I'm stupid, I forgot my question. What did I do to piss this guy off?
>>
>>61906411
>>61906339
I've run
sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-get update

and it still claims I have broken packages. I went into synaptic and tried Edit > Clear Broken Packages and it still does not work.
>>
>>61906473
Not sure. My guess is that they thought you sounded like someone they knew.
>>
what's a decent free vpn? every one i've tried is shit and i'm tired of reading articles on it
>>
I have a S8+ and when I screenshot it captures a 16:9 instead of a 18.5:9. Any fixes?
>>
>>61906522

Hola is the only one I can think of.
>>
>>61906532
ok so like it's chill for torrenting? it looks like it only covers the browser
>>
>>61906544

For torrenting you'd need a full VPN, and one that preferably doesn't keep logs. You'd have to pay for that sadly since there is demand for services like that.
>>
>>61906395
>>61906449
Any kind of VPS should work.

>so I could dynamically create and remove VMs as I'd want.

Digital ocean has a nice interface for something like this and even and API. But they are expensive $5/Month for the cheapest VPS.
>>
in VBA can I assign a thingo as a variable so that it is reassigned on every call?

basically if I have 'Cells(x,y).value' used multiple times, I'd rather have 'tmp' which does the same thing every time I call it

because I want to just update the original assign of 'tmp = Cells(x,y).value' in case the cell changes (like a row inserted or something) and its referenced multiple times in the code

there is surely a simple way but I can't get my head around it
>>
>>61906565
word, so what's the best way to stay lowkey then with a torrent client?
>>
>>61906522
There's no such thing.
>>
>>61906500
I have no idea. They called again, and I simply didn't answer this time.
>>
>>61906524
I've changed my DPI from 411 to 425 if that helps
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457KB, 600x450px
>>61906582

Don't download illegally is one way. Alternatively, know what's hot and avoiding things that could get you in trouble is another.

If you're just leeching/seeding files like Linux ISOs and other stuff that's meant to be shared you'll be absolutely fine.

To be a pirate you gotta be sensible in what you do if you're not going to have a VPN, and since it's only fair to seed what you leech you really should consider paying for one or getting a Seedbox.
>>
>>61906582
If your ISP hasn't send you a letter telling you to stop torrenting, then a blocklist is probably enough https://www.iblocklist.com/list?list=ydxerpxkpcfqjaybcssw
>>
Are Seagate external drives still shit nowadays? I need a new external, and my old 3TB one is nearly full.
>>
File: 1502604591790.jpg (21KB, 268x236px) Image search: [Google]
1502604591790.jpg
21KB, 268x236px
I am building a new computer. I can get Windows 7 right now for $12. Or I can pay $100 for Windows 10.

Is there ANY drawback to sticking with 7? Objectively. Nothing about 10 is appealing to me but I know I'm biased. Give it to me straight.
>>
>>61906709
Im using one for 10 years now nothing happened.
Yeah get a toshiba or hitachi
>>
If someone wants to send me money via paypal what should I give him? my paypal email?
>>
File: 649812_0_f.jpg (36KB, 392x536px) Image search: [Google]
649812_0_f.jpg
36KB, 392x536px
>>61903610
I mean that it's better thatn intel cooler but not by as much as I would want to. It's a cheap dinky rad with like one heatpipe and 2 92mm fans. It's ok for stock gaymen, because it's held back by gtx960 that is waiting for replacement when miners will finally crash.
it's usable for now, but any overclock is a no- no.
>>
>>61906482
try purging and reinstalling the packages it thinks are broken

also, just as an aside, fedora is much more stable than debian or ubuntu and still quite easy to use
>>
>>61906770
Yes, objectively you will miss out on things like new versions of DirectX and support for the most recent generation of CPUs. Driver support may also become increasingly spotty in time.
>>
What's a good Youtube download extension for Firefox that won't fuck me? I need to remake WEBMs in high quality and such.
>>
>>61905920
bump
>>
>>61906923
Have you considered just using the KeepVid site instead?
>>
>>61906923
youtube-dl
>>
>>61906770
When the time comes that W7 is no longer usable W10 will be $12.

Also all the botnet shit that /g/ sperges about W10 is true, it will update on is own, it will change your settings and it will spy on you.

t. someone who dropped W10 for Debian
>>
>>61906642
>blocklist
Block list are placebo garbage.
>>
>>61905920
>>61906928
Yeah it should work. armhf is a generic term for any arm processor with a hardware floating point processor built in (the hf in armhf). Your processor should be compatible but Arm is customizable by design so YMMV.

This is what debian requires for armhf: https://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatPort#Supported_devices
>>
>>61907089
Same can be said about VPNs (especially free ones).
>>
>>61906642
THIS >>61907089

Blocklists (which are super inaccurate to begin with) will stop them from connecting to you, but it won't stop your IP from being shown to them by trackers and peer exchange. They don't sit there downloading from each person to confirm they are sharing, they just join the swarm, suck up IPs, and send out notices.
>>
>>61907130
Vpn's arent a list of OLD ips that some service used. Blocklists are always behind and in the PAST,ip's are worth pennies in the eye of big corporations.You're just placebo blocking ips taht could actually be peers instead of the company you think you are blocking.You still show up in the dht swarm and on the tracker

Vpn's arent a blocklist, vpns hide your ip, free or not vpns are no way comparable to blocklists.
>>
>>61907174
>Blocklists are always behind
It doesn't matter. Even if they were up to date, they still wouldn't work. They do nothing aside from make you feel like you are doing something.
>>
>>61907120
thank you
>>
>>61907217
Further stating exactly what i said?
ok?
>>
>>61907229
I stopped reading when you said blacklists are behind because it is irrelevant.
>>
>>61907229
>>61907254
has nobody just suggested to anon to use a vpn?
>>
>>61907254
But they are behind and pointless
>>
Looking to degoogle and shit to protect data, is Vivaldi a good alternative to Chrome?
>>
>>61907292
iridium
inox
ungoogled-chromium
>>
>>61907271
It has been mentioned several times
>>
File: 1500851571754.jpg (33KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
1500851571754.jpg
33KB, 719x719px
should your password be visible when signing into hotmail or should it jut be black dots?

is there anything other than changing my password i can do if i suspect someone accessed my email based on a successful sign in in the recent activity?

pls
>>
>>61907326
if your password is displayed as black dots it makes it impossible for the nsa to hardware-backdoor your machine and read your password from memory. they will only receive several black dots and this will surely thwart their attempt.
>>
>>61907326
>is there anything other than changing my password i can do if i suspect someone accessed my email based on a successful sign in in the recent activity?
well if you are tech saavy and really want to figure this out them register a website with hosting for $5 somewhere and put a script on the site that logs all device information and IP addresses. keep the domain hidden by choosing not to replicate DNS records.

send yourself an email with the web address after running it thru a link shortener (example: www.domain.com to sort.li/AF33C1A)

email this to yourself with some subject like "reminder to self: important financial information"
and let it sit for a week or two, see if you get any hits
>>
File: 1487450136459.gif (48KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
1487450136459.gif
48KB, 640x442px
>>61907364
no memes. when i sign in to onedrive the password is hidden but on hotmail its not and i read that people can make your computer redirect to spoof sites so thats why im wondering

pls, i dont know about computers
dont let the chinese win
>>
File: 1457304660817.png (205KB, 450x673px) Image search: [Google]
1457304660817.png
205KB, 450x673px
Just had a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active thrust upon me
How do I un-google this thing and use free applications? I've never fucked around with android or smart-phones in general so a guide on this or even a wiki that would be great
I feel like a boomer in front of a computer holding this thing, but I do know I don't want my information tied to anything branded at this point
>>
>>61907409
>well if you are tech saavy
sorry m8 you lost me
>>
In Blender I have a problem with blender:

When i import an image into Blender as a video strip, it gets automatically squished to the dimensions of the render window (most commonly 1920x1080). but when the image is greater in any dimension that that, then that diemnsion gets clipped off. When I try to move the image around, it is as if the rest of the image never existed.
What I ultimatively want to do is import photos as a timelapse, then pan over the image to simulate a hyperlapse.
How do I preserve the image and yet use it in its native resolution?
Also, i know of "import image as plane" but this isnt applicable here.
>>
>>61907410
you dont have to worry about being redirected to spoof sites if you are connecting over HTTPS

use a firefox addon like HTTPS anywhere
>>
>>61907438
well it does say https in the address bar
thanks m8. i really appreciate it
>>
>>61907469
if it says https then your ok.

https is designed to make website spoofing one of those things that should never actually occur unless if exigent circumstances are involved like a rootkit on the pc or a user ignoring warning messages in the browser or something
>>
>>61907307
That doesn't answer my question
>>
>>61907580
But it does completly
>>
>>61907413
xda will have everything you want and more
>>
SO WHAT THE FUCK.
I've been unemployed for a year and am at my wits end. Lately everyone tells me
>hur anon just go into programming!
I would love to but I dont fucking know what that means. What language? How do I learn it? What do I even do with it?
>just learn by coding!
So just learn Russian by writing a Russian novel? Sounds fucking great!

Sorry for the rant. I know you guys can give me some pointers and call out my faggotry that I'm blind to. Help me out please. How do i "get into programming?"
>>
File: 1493075849791.png (93KB, 169x183px) Image search: [Google]
1493075849791.png
93KB, 169x183px
Hello /g/ I figured this would be the best place to ask, anyways I made an HTML copy of a website for desktop yet when I open the HTML document on my phone it always uses a broken desktop view. How do I force my phone to use the mobile view? (Said website has a mobile version by simply resizing the window on desktop)
>>
File: 056_BDypjNa_0.png (373KB, 792x720px) Image search: [Google]
056_BDypjNa_0.png
373KB, 792x720px
This is a far stretch to ask this but in a thread days ago someone talked about a data recory software starting with a m being away better then Recuva.
Clover archive access when...
>>
Should I keep my laptop plugged in or is it better to charge it up, run it down then charge it back up?

I'm at home for now, so I don't have a reason to not have it plugged in.
>>
>>61907637
you need to save the mobile version
>>
>>61907670
macrium
>>
>>61907618
Look up whatever college is in your area and find their programming courses
Find the book they use, swashbuckle that, then read through it doing the program practice at the end of each chapter
Do something like C and not something revolving around summoning libraries though C++ is pretty okay for beginners
>>
>>61907688
That's the problem I think it's called"Responsive web design" because there's no separate mobile site
>>
>>61907685
set the battery threshold to about 60-70%, full charge it when you need it to go somewhere
>>
>>61907714
Battery threshold?
>>
>>61907756
instead of leaving it 100%, you leave it at 70%
>>
>>61907693
That imaging software, not data recovery thanks anyway
>>
>>61907812
for recovery if you don't mind no gui there's testdisk/photorec
>>
How can I install bblean/bbzero on Windows 8.1? I didn't find anything.
>>
>>61907902
bb is a dead project and also looks like shit
>>
>>61907918
Then what's a good alternative?
>>
>>61907935
the closest you can get to an alternative shell is classic shell. or there is I believe a build of kde for windows
>>
So LineageOS doesn't support my phone because I fell for the Pixel meme. Are there any actually good alternatives?
>>
>>61907710
I took a course on C++ and got a B+ but it was just the fundamentals. We were given the framework for all of our labs and I feel like I have no idea how to apply that knowledge.
Also just realized I never said this but data science seems interesting (stats/math grad).
>>
>>61907975
You had one chance when you got your pixel to unlock the bootloader(depixel8) if you didnt do it pre 7.1 you are stuck with a locked bootloader and no one has been researching to find a way to unlock it.
If you are past 7.1 on either XL or normal, you are stuck with stock forever
>>
>>61908053
Well, fuck.
>>
I've been having problems with my phone (Moto G4 Plus/stock 7.0) the last few days. After a (random?) amount of time,
1) notifications will freeze and refuse to update (e.g. my weather app's notification refuses to update at all; the app functions fine otherwise)
2) apps will download from Play, but won't install until I close Play from the app switcher and re-open it
3) Gmail won't display any notifications whatsoever, and seems to have trouble manually updating
and probably other things I haven't noticed.
I've tried clearing Play/Play Services caches, uninstalling Play/Play services updates then rebooting and updating them, clearing the /cache partition, and even factory wiping and reinstalling. The problem temporarily goes away after a reboot, but eventually comes back.
>>
>>61908087
sounds like you have a software program installed making this happen.

have you installed any untrusted (not from play store) software? is your device rooted?
>>
>>61908112
>have you installed any untrusted (not from play store) software
Only Amazon Underground and Wolfram Alpha from AU.
>is your device rooted?
No.
>>
>>61908145
were these downloaded over https? were they downloaded directly from the developer?

but in any event this is what I suggest:
take your phone into somewhere that services it like best buy (they sometimes have reps who work for samsung, or whoever in the cell phone dept) and ask them to reflash your device.

anything that may have corrupted your device will be wiped. it will take around an hour or so for them to do this. they basically plug in a usb cable and reflash the phone with the manufacturer data.

anything that is causing problems will go away.

also consider that what is causing this is some software that was installed. even if it is from the play store your never actually *know* what the install does and it may fuck with the stuff that comes on the phone in ways that the developer had not intended to happen
>>
>>61901429
Well /g/ ive had the same samsung s5 since it came out, ive repaired it many times and its finally time to replace phones. Whats the best i can get for 450$? Chink shit works too
>>
>>61908288
go full anarcho-technocrat
>Odriod XU4, install Xen
>256GB sd card
>Case
>LCD touchscreen
>GSM dongle
>USB headset
>>
Is it considered bad practice to have multiple classes in one C++ source/header file?

In example, if I have a "board" class and a "tile" class, since a board is made out of tiles, is it okay to have them together or not?
>>
Anyone know how to use the macro keys on a Blackwidow ultimate on Linux? Ive tried to use xbindkeys but it doesn't recognize any of the macro keys. Im running Debian stretch stable if that helps
>>
>>61908341
That sounds fun actually ill do it
>>
>>61908352
Use xev to find the keycode
Use xmodmap to assign the keycode to the XF86 macro keys.
Use xkeybind to bind the keys you want
>>
File: my man.gif (3MB, 459x409px) Image search: [Google]
my man.gif
3MB, 459x409px
>>61908354
post pics when done.

godspeed anon
>>
File: file.png (337KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
337KB, 600x400px
just bought one of these refurbished. while i love it so far, the sound is pretty shit. can i upgrade (not replace) the soundcard on one of these?
>>
>>61908414
it's an x220 btw
>>
>>61908414
im assuming its the speaker that sounds like shit and not the sound card itself.
pop it apart, locate the speaker and switch it with a better one.

if it is the soundcard that is shit (verified by using headphones that sound good on other machines) then not much you can generally do.
>>
>>61908414
>>61908426
You can get a pretty small form-factor "USB sound card" which will just act as its own sound device with a 3.5mm output. Many of them are decent.
>>
how do i convert a pdf of images to pngs without getting photoshop?
>>
Im using an old VirtualBox 4.3 version, I know 5 has been out for some time. Should I uninstall my current installation first before upgrading? Does VB include an utility to completely remove itself before upgrading?
>>
>>61908457
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6605006/convert-pdf-to-image-with-high-resolution
>>
>>61908460
Just update, nothing special
>>
>>61908394
xev doesn't see the keys either, should have mention I already tried that
>>
Semester has started up again and once again textbooks are required.

There is one I need that's expensive as balls and is very limited in choice on Amazon. I already tried checking #bookz, libgen, archive.org and public trackers and could not find the book I need. Anybody know any other free book finding resources? Or alternatively just give me a link to dl?

Book in question is Statistics in Practice, 1st ed. by Moore, Notz and Fligner.
ISBN-13: 978-1464151811
>>
>>61908485
They they arent sending basic keycodes meaning you 99.99% chance arent going to be able to use them in linux
>>
Best free antivirus? Help
>>
>>61908543
The best one is not downloading shit.
The second best one is whatever came with your OS.
>>
>>61908526
Well fuck, thanks for the replies Anon.
>>
Is there anything similar to the Spotify recommendations?
I absolutely love that shit, especially the weekly customized playlists, except I don't want nor need to pay since I do my listening on a Fiio X3ii that doesn't even support Spotify anyways.
I just want something to periodically recommend me music based on what I listen.
>>
How does one create simple scripts to be run on Linux like bats on Windows? I just need some simple ones for example /etc/init.d/aprogram start followed by more commands. Dont need them to run at boot, just with a click when I need them.
>>
>>61908576
Did some searching, this is new to me, you might want to try it https://github.com/terrycain/razer-drivers
>>
>>61908717
Also how does that whole chmod thing works, as I need some of them to be run as root and dont want a password prompt everytime I run them.
>>
>>61908717
>>61908742
Put a script in $PATH then execute it when needed
>sudo
sudoers
>>
where can I find clean untouched Win 10 Enterprise or Enterprise LTSB ISOs from?
>>
Is it okay to use kawaii codec pack to watch all my anime or is their something better? It hasnt been updated in a while though from what I read in one forum.
>>
>>61909012
mpv
>>
I'm getting an 'automated queries' error whenever i try to solve a recaptcha
how do I solve this?
>>
I'm going to greentext this because I don't know how to word it otherwise.
>Younger sister has lewd images and videos of her and her friends on her phone
>I'm a pervert and would like to watch these
>I don't know much about smart phones in general
>I know her PIN to get in
>I believe I can get her phone alone for 15~ minutes (she lives on her own so I can't just plug it into my computer and copy all the videos and shit
>Her internet speeds are atrocious
So is there a website or something I can use to upload all the images and videos to all at once and then download them on my computer later? Ideally something that is privacy minded since I know for a fact some of them are from before she was 18.
>>
>>61909265
Literally any file hosting service. But I would say Mega.
>>
Sometimes when I click something, for some reason it goes back, for example, I clicked a thread on /g/ index, I'm in the thread and I see a post I would like to response, I press reply and I'm at the /g/ index again. What can I do?
>>
>>61908960
Try dumpster diving.
>>
>>61909265
just get something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Android-Smartphone-Tablet-SDDD-064G-G46/dp/B00HR7J3CA
>wanting to save what is technically cp
i hope you know the risks
>>
>>61909372
Overheating touch display.
>>
>>61909265
Just brush her teeth like that guy from /a/, then you'll get married.
>>
>>61909265
Personally I would recommend a USB OTG cable, which would let you plug her phone into yours and directly transfer them over, no need to worry about internet speeds or file hosting services.
>>
>>61909238
bumping
>>
File: bakemonogatari brushing teeth.gif (916KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
bakemonogatari brushing teeth.gif
916KB, 300x169px
>>
>>61909238
>>61909447
https://support.google.com/recaptcha/answer/6081888?hl=en
>>
>>61909265
plug into computer and back up, but requires more than 15 minutes.

also, upload the 18+ photos and post link
>>
>>61909460
I was thinking more along the lines of this guy: https://pastebin.com/Gt47E4Nr
>>
What's a good source for cracked apks?
>>
>>61908505
balls are pretty expensive. This book had better be at least thousands.
>>
What's the best way to learn about design patterns? They didn't teach us that very well in university.
>>
File: donald duck boner.jpg (62KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
donald duck boner.jpg
62KB, 800x450px
>>61909490
>>
>>61909430
I don't have a touch display.
>>
>>61909516
Ok, well it's not thousands expensive, but to me a poorfag student, almost $200 is expensive.
>>
What is the best Linux distro for someone that always have used windows for working/gaming but dont like ubuntu for reasons
>>
>>61909579
fedora
>>
>>61909579
>'reasons'
ubuntu is objectively the best, but there are plenty of second-tier distros that are good. Fedora like anon said. Also SuSE and Debian.
>>
>>61909473
I tried everything in this but found no solution
>>
>>61909658
contact google.

it sounds like something on your machine (or possibly from the same ip as yours) is doing something it shouldnt and trying to solve too many of these captchas (bot?)
>>
>>61909031
Is their a way to create playlists on mpv. Or have it play the next file in the folder by itself
>>
>>61909709
Use the autoload/playlist lua script
There is an mpv thread up with all the links
>>
>>61909579
Gentoo, or Arch
>>
>>61909632
>ubuntu is objectively the best
I disagree.
I found fedora much easier to use and well supported when I swtiched from linux. I found ubuntu to be buggy and it was kinda dumb getting all my support from the community forums.
Fedora has a very large user's manual which includes directions and documentation for many tasks you might need to do
>>
>>61909484
Why would I post my sister's nudes on the internet? I'm a pervert but she's still my sister.
>>
>>61909579
PeppermintOS.
>>
>>61909772
I found Ubuntu's installer worked seamlessly with the widest variety of hardware, and Unity was more stable than KDE and with more/better features than Gnome.
>>
File: manon-verge-14062696404nk8g.jpg (89KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
manon-verge-14062696404nk8g.jpg
89KB, 640x640px
What's the best low-price, high-performance mouse of the modern day?
>>
>>61910296
http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/ <<< "the mouse guy"

tl;dr: Logitech and Zowie. You get what you pay for.
>>
File: 57835334_p0.png (639KB, 1943x1714px) Image search: [Google]
57835334_p0.png
639KB, 1943x1714px
>>61910588
>Gaming mice
I was more meaning a low price dynamo comparable to the old Microsoft mice.
>>
>4chan catalog
>you must have JavaScript enabled in order for this site to display correctly.

Is 4chan a "trusted" site? I'm slightly unclear about this definition, it's "trusted" in the sense that I use it frequently without issue, but this might be a different meaning of secure. I know that sites that service my accounts (the actual important accounts) are secure.

Noob tour user (just installed it this morning).
>inb4 ban on tor exit nodes, i am aware
>>
>>61910798
>trusted
No.
Get 4chanx and enable jsless mode
>>
>>61910798
No you shouldn't trust 4chan, i hear it has this thing called bot-net installed and its run by the japanese
>>
>>61910841
fugg off. Serious answers please

>>61910823
kthanks mate will look into
>>
Every time I try to open a folder in downloads only, it opens a new window. Google solutions
didn't help me at all. Does anyone know the fix?
>>
>>61903277
I meant no previous knowledge about hardware, software and how they communicate to each other? thx for replying
>>
How do I get unlimited 4g lte on my phone?
>>
does deabdeef have a music scope plugin?
>>
File: file.png (6KB, 405x197px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
6KB, 405x197px
>>61911019
Actually, it opens two new windows of the same folder. Also my phone suddenly can't have anything fucking written to it through my computer. I just get pic related forever.
>>
File: photoshop_cc_preview_retina.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
photoshop_cc_preview_retina.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
How do I save a file created in photoshop to a thumb drive to be printed at a different location? I don't have access to a printer at home and was going to take the job to the local print shop, however I'm not sure how I should save the file to ensure that they can print it properly
>>
I want to copy the root and boot partitions of a drive to another drive to make a testing environment on the new drive.

the test environment drive has less capacity than the original drive, so I cannot use dd to image one drive to the next.

is rsync acceptable or will it screw up the boot parition as boot information sometimes needs to be the first sector on the boot partition, and rsync will not preserve file write order?

how should I go about doing this?
>>
>>61911276
I have never used photoshop, but I would suspect exporting the file as a png or jpg and then storing on a thumb drive or emailing to yourself would be sufficient
>>
>>61911296
i just verified that rsync renders the test drive unbootable, likely because the file order is not preserved.

what are my options? would bsdtar do what i need it to?
>>
File: alumina.jpg (3KB, 235x129px) Image search: [Google]
alumina.jpg
3KB, 235x129px
I need 2 answers

What's the best thermal paste?

What's the most cost efficient thermal paste?
>>
>>61911276
What's your purpose? Are you trying to get a super nice color poster or something like that? If so, ask the print shop specifically what they need.

If you're just printing something random, then JPG or preferably PNG should be fine.
>>
>>61911399
>best
All the decent pastes are usually within 2 degrees, if they're applied correctly.

>Cost efficient
the paste that comes with your heatsink
>>
>>61911276
it is possible that the print shop has photoshop, in which case you can save the file to a thumbdrive in whatever photoshops native format is.

call a print shop and ask them, they are the authority on the matter
>>
>>61911411
I thought this was /sqt/ not /sat/
>>
>>61910823
what is the harm in "trusting" 4chan or any other page?
>>
File: file.png (3KB, 592x21px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3KB, 592x21px
>>61911019
So I discovered the issue. It's Adobe PS creating an annoying registry key. Problem is, when I try to delete it, it comes back. Anyone know how to stop this? Supposedly when this is gone, my problem will be fixed. Location in Regedit in pic related.
>>
How do I block 4chan banner ads? (I wouldn't mind them if they were still. The seizure ones are obnoxious). I have 4chanx, uBO, uMatrix for reference. Blocking element with uBO doesn't seem to work.
>>
>>61911462
ITT noobs who ask a question on sqt and then whine that the answer isn't good enough.

If you're going to be an asshole, do your own goddamned research.
>>
>>61911462
He's right though, the really expensive thermal pastes all preform about the same, and using thermal paste you already have is very cost efficient
>>
>>61911462
this isnt reddit either.
there was nothing wrong with his answer.
stop being a bitch
>>
>>61910645
Yeah, those are all measurably shit. Just get a cheap one with good reviews on Amazon.
>>
File: mkv.png (38KB, 1256x604px) Image search: [Google]
mkv.png
38KB, 1256x604px
Using mkvtoolnix gui to split part of an mkv, add subtitles and add audio. Both audio and subs are in separate files, added as source files. The split works, although a little delayed, the subs work, the audio does not. I get no sound. I've tried flac and wav, the job queue shows they're been accessed, "copy this item", "default track" and "forced track" are all set to yes. Still no sound.
>>
Smart HTTPS or HTTPS Everywhere
>>
>>61901429
Apparently the RDP Client is disabled by my boss, but I have system access and a local administrator and want to enable it. When I run the client it says that it is blocked due to restrictions from my administrator. Where do I re-enable it? I've checked in Group Policy but it looks that there are only settings for the client, and not any disabling it.
>>
won't using libreboot or even worse paying someone to do it for you (check ebay listings) make someone stand out even more? i understand the idea but i just feel someone using libreboot is just going to make them stand out and be a target because of that anyway
>>
I'm trying to run two monitors, one actual monitor and a TV for my second.

I have an HDMI to HDMI for my monitor and I have a Display port to HDMI connected to my tv.

I can get display but I can't get sound out of it.

I go into playback devices and it says nothing is plugged in. I updated my drivers and still nothing what do.

Also as a side question, my old computer if I turned it on and turned my tv on after it would add it on as a second monitor (hdmi to hdmi cable). Now with my new computer if I turn it on without turning on my tv first it will not pick it up until i restart my computer with the tv on. Is there a way to fix this?

My display port to hdmi cable does transfer sound I tested it on my monitor.

I have it set up this way because my display port to hdmi cable is longer and my tv is further away.
>>
How do I permanently block a website?
>>
im trying to get rid of systemd on an archlinux build i did on an embedded device.

technically this is archlinux ARM.

the package openrc is not found in the provided mirrors.

what are other non-systemd alternatives to search the mirrors for?

As last resort, will build one from source and taking suggestions
>>
>>61911844
>>61911844
add it to a dns blacklist, like editing your hosts file or configuring your router to stop resolving the domain name
>>
Does anyone have the brave shilling image?
>>
>>61911759
HTTPS Everywhere
>>
When we will see affordable GPUs again?
>>
Is there a way to torrent without a torrent client? Like a web client?
>>
In a windows pc with one hdd, would that hdd turning off due to being unused (with the default power settings to auto turn off hdd after X minutes) actually turn the pc off with it?
>>
>>61912255
https://webtorrent.io/
>>
>>61912265
everything you need to continue running an OS is stored in memory.

when you need access to something on disk it will automatically start the disk
>>
>>61912255
No.

In the way you are thinking?
Yes.
Browser extension.
command line.
Etc.

Still stay with torrent clients, just use a good one like deluge or qbittorent.
>>
>>61912265
If that HDD is the boot drive windows will never turn it off automatically, even if wasn't being used
>>
My laptop charger suddenly stopped working. The green light just blinks, even if its only plugged into the wall outlet and not the laptop. I went ahead and bought a new charger which will arrive soon but I'd like to know, is there any way to fix this or why the charger is blinking in the first place?
>>
>>61912056
They're affordable right now. Gaming is cheaper now than ever before. You should have seen the bullshit in the 90s (relative to inflation).
>>
>>61912457
Tear apart the charger, look for anything obvious that shit the bed on the pcb, like black burn marks or soot, and see what blew up, and maybe replace it yourself. It's just a laptop charger so it's not going to be very complicated, so it probably would be an easy fix.
>>
>>61912056
nope, apu is already standard and most of us don't even realize it
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-15+at+01.56.21).png (47KB, 880x361px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-15+at+01.56.21).png
47KB, 880x361px
In laymans terms what do these files do?
Should the old ones be removed?

Alternatively: can anyone recommend a de-bloating program that won't fuck my shit up?
>>
The question for those who had their personal experience..

What OS X is the best in terms of battery life of MBA 2011?
I'm talking about versions from Yosemite to Sierra
>>
>>61912017
Can I ask why?
>>
>>61912618
No, they are not backwards compatible.

Adwcleaner.
Learn how clean your startup list.
>>
>>61912622
Cause eff is who you want managing your shit.
>>
>>61912635
>Learn how clean your startup list.
instructions unclear
I had a usb drive with a program that will over write everything multiple times and I can't find the file name and now I'm kind of worried about sticking any usb sticks in a usb port
>>
>>61912666
DBAN?
>>
>>61912670
You clever son of a bitch. Wanna play a shell game with some usb sticks? I got writing on one of them but there's like 3.
>>
>>61911778
Nobody can tell what BIOS you're using over the Internet.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (99KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
99KB, 480x360px
What settings and/or software should one use on Windows 10 to avoid getting hacked? Also, what should one do to disable the botnet which is built in the Windows 10 itself?
>>
>>61912693
Tails
>>
File: Screenshot_20170815-020636.png (85KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170815-020636.png
85KB, 1080x1920px
Shit streaming service shows this.

I'm rooted, I put this app on magisk Hide, using adaway - not really sure how to whitelist the app
>>
>>61912635
Thanks. Ran adwcleaner and only found 22 elements majority of which were in registry and folders

Any advice from here of de-bloating/cleaning my pc?
>>
>>61912693
>avoid getting hacked
default settings
>disable the botnet
mysides.gif
>>
File: IMG_0057.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0057.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Newb to virtualization.

Set up a machine for an ubuntu iso (16.0 maybe)

Orginally upload iso from external harddrive.

Every time the unbuntu finishes installing..it reboots and reinstalls..this happens after the hard drive has been removed. I did alter the boot order in case that was the issue

>how to get my ubuntu machine to stop installing upon start up
>every time the ubuntu installs it repartitions my disk..what problems should i anticipate there ..
>>
>>61912731
Learn to remove stuff from your startup list so they wont load and slow down your computer, useless programs in general you dont always need but are running in the background.

Easy way if you dont know what you are doing:
CCleaner.
Best way if you do:
Microsoft Autorun.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170815-021529.png (50KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170815-021529.png
50KB, 1080x1920px
>>61912708
Nothing
>>
Does C come with a standard library with common data structures, or do I have to provide my own in a header file anytime I want to use a Hash table etc?
>>
>>61912683
Exterior writing. One should have pictures. One should have a puppy linux boot. I might of wiped the one with dban on it so it's blank. I don't want to plug it into anything I can make sense of it with.
>>
Is the best option to deal with canvas fingerprinting not to do anything at all? I keep reading that blocking or spoofing sticks out. Wondering what the best strategy is.
>>
To people answering questions : I love you
>>
>>61913083
Gotta do something while you reball shit(Mostly reflow), reinstall windows, and remove JTAG connectors.
>>
I'm going to change the head unit in my opel vivaro and i was wondering,
Is android auto worth it?
Does anyone here use it?
>>
>>61913105
>touchscreen head unit
I'd avoid it at all costs.
>>
>>61911806

Okay I did more testing I thought I plugged it into my my monitor first and it worked so actually

When connected to my Monitor I get no audio and no video, monitor says there is no input signal. (Display port to hdmi cable)

When connecting to my TV (display port to hdmi) I get Video but no audio (and video only if I have my tv already turned on when I turn on my computer)

I updated my graphics card drivers.

Are there special display port drivers I need? Where can I find them?
>>
I bought a nvidia card 1070, non referenced. Did i fall for the meme?
>>
File: 134557.png (5KB, 198x107px) Image search: [Google]
134557.png
5KB, 198x107px
What the fuck is this? It appears next to the minimize, maximize and close buttons on titlebars
>>
every podcast client that I use on Linux can only download the 20 or so most recent episodes of this one particular podcast, I guess they set their feed that way. But my Android client can "see" all of their episodes, or at least 100 or so back, and stream them.
So is there a client on Linux that can do that?
>>
>>61912793
The standard doesn't provide those. But your OS will likely provide various implementations of common data structures (linux/hashtable.h, etc). Or, common packages that are frequently used, such as glib or things like BSD's queue.h / tree.h.
>>
if I wanted to mess around with nfc and possibly try working on app to replace a bunch of my cards what would I need to read/write cards?
is there a way to do it with a smartphone that has nfc?
>>
If i were to clone my OS to an SSD and try to boot that image up on the same system with nothing else changed, would it work in the end?
>>
>>61907413
install lineageos, f-droid. install further applications from in f-droid
>>
>>61913773
you might need to change a couple things like your bootloader settings and fstab, depends on the OS
it might also just werk
either way, it can be made to work without reinstalling
>>
Open Launcher crapped out on me and it shows me some errors as soon as I open it.
I was about to uninstall it and then realised I couldn't do it.
I can't force stop, I can't uninstall, I can't delete data, I can only delete cache and that doesn't do anything.
Tried rebooting it and nothing helps.
Halp /sqt/
>>
>>61913984
Here are error details btw:
Build version: 0.5.3 
Build date: 1980-01-01 00:00:00
Current date: 2017-08-15 10:38:51
Device: LGE LG-K350

Stack trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.content.ComponentName.getPackageName()' on a null object reference
at com.benny.openlauncher.util.AppManager.findApp(AppManager.java:61)
at com.benny.openlauncher.viewutil.GroupIconDrawable.<init>(GroupIconDrawable.java:46)
at com.benny.openlauncher.widget.AppItemView$Builder.setGroupItem(AppItemView.java:226)
at com.benny.openlauncher.viewutil.ItemViewFactory.getItemView(ItemViewFactory.java:85)
at com.benny.openlauncher.widget.Desktop.addItemToPage(Desktop.java:281)
at com.benny.openlauncher.widget.Desktop.initDesktopNormal(Desktop.java:102)
at com.benny.openlauncher.activity.Home$3.onAppUpdated(Home.java:237)
at com.benny.openlauncher.util.AppManager$AsyncGetApps.onPostExecute(AppManager.java:221)
at android.os.AsyncTask.finish(AsyncTask.java:651)
at android.os.AsyncTask.access$500(AsyncTask.java:180)
at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java:668)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5551)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:730)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:620)
>>
File: 1315615342002.jpg (51KB, 676x673px) Image search: [Google]
1315615342002.jpg
51KB, 676x673px
What affordable laptop that can be easily customized (that is, have new parts added or obsolete parts replaced) does /g/ recommend?
>>
I have K-9 Mail on my Android phone and for some reason my e-mails are not arriving instantly. Back when I used to use the Gmail app, I received it instantly. What am I doing wrong? All my e-mail accounts are IMAP supported. Should I just replace K-9 mail with something else? Any suggestions?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170815-200114.png (103KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170815-200114.png
103KB, 1080x1920px
>>61914587
check your push setting
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.