[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people still buy this piece of shit OS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: winshit.png (1005KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
winshit.png
1005KB, 1920x1080px
Why do people still buy this piece of shit OS?
>>
>buy
>>
I didn't buy it, but it just works (for me).
>>
>>61895007
Dafuq is up with your white balance...
>>
>>61895007
That actually induced vomit, OP
>>
File: 1374718024491.gif (1MB, 270x235px) Image search: [Google]
1374718024491.gif
1MB, 270x235px
>>61895007
You're a laptop user, OP. Where are your 10 billion icons and 15 bloatware dashboards?
>>
>>61895007
Familiarity. They use it at work, so they pay to use it at home.
>>
Ikr
>>
Not buy, just use for firmware upgrades.
I disabled a whole lot of crap via group policy. Reg hacks and then renaming directories while in Linux.
Some things are nice such as the new snap behaviour, desktops and game mode.
I still prefer Linux though.
>>
>>61895076
> 8:30 PM
Redshift or f.lux.
>>
Everyone got into the FREE UPGRADE! meme
I can't help but survey my college's library to check who didn't buy into the Win10 meme. Besides the usual Macbook here and there, most people are running Win10 on their laptops.
>>
>muh gaymes
>muh "easy to use"
>muh everyone else uses it
This is why Windows will always be shit
>>
>>61895076
>>61895202
Night light right there on the screenshot...
>>
>buy
also works on my machine
>>
>>61895007
Windows 10 1607 cumulative update KB 4034658 wipes out Update History

Why is nobody talking about this?

Everyone literally has a backdoor installed now and there's no history anymore becuase of a "bug"
>>
LTSB version's not so bad. It's got none of the "app" bullshit, no cortana and you can actually turn off the (((telemetry))) eating up half your bandwidth unlike other versions of Win10 where it just pretends to be off.
>>
if you wanna do a bunch of consumer-fag shit without sucking apple's dick or learning bash shell it's the best OS

I tried to stay with Linux but got to sick of having to browse forums and go into command line to get shit to work

all our devices are converging and starting to talk to each other and Linux just hasn't evolved quickly enough to compete.
>>
>>61895127
>right click desktop
>view
>show desktop icons
>>
>>61895076
>nightlight affects screenshots
L O L
>>
Came on their computer
>>
>4 hour uptime on Mint
>>
So I can dab on them haters lol
>>
>>61895878
>natively shifting white balance is now worse than a separate piece of software creating an output overlay

okay
>>
>>61895007
They want to play games but they won't stoop down to consoles.
>>
I downloaded LTSB edition in hopes of no telemetry.
Can't choose "none" like it says on interwebz, only "basic".
Also UI is so buggy, even on my beast PC.
Fucking Arch is more stable than this.
>>
>>61895007
They don't

They buy computers and the software comes with it
>>
Just got the Activate Windows watermark, gosh fuck this garbage, how do I activate this
>>
>>61895734
ubuntu does a pretty good job here
only thing left is games, and frankly i got too old for that. don't miss it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (33KB, 1202x891px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
33KB, 1202x891px
>>61895878
lol?
>>
when linux can run all my windows programs seamlessly then I will switch to linux
>>
>>61898038
This.
>>
>>61895007
>>61895007
>>61895007
>people buy
what people? WHO the fuck are you talking about? I've used xp pro for 12 years and will do the same for win 7

quit being a fucking child and assuming shit thats not true

get the fuck out, faggot
>>
>>61895734
5 rupees have been deposited into your account.
Please remember to post about Microsoft's Surface™ line of products for your weekly bonus.
Your weekly quota is 46% completed with 114 more posts required.
>>
>>61898038
When windows can run all my linux programs seamlessly then I will switch to windows
>>
>>61898258
That's actually closer than the opposite happening.
>>
>>61895007
Because Linux is still not stable at all as far as desktops environments go.

My fucking trash can doesn't work. Fucking. Trash. Can.
>>
>>61895007
>Why do people still buy this

Because I was forced to do so - twice. Both of my laptops have a legal Windows license which is actually built into the BIOS these days. You can get it with acpidump | grep MSDM

I never even booted into Windows before removing the windows infestation by installing GNU/Linux so it's kind of annoying. But the choice is limited to buying a weak chromebook or paying a Microsoft-tax.

This "the key is built into the BIOS" (no, it's not "built into" anyting, it's just written there and it can be erased) bullshit excuse seems to make it impossible to avoid paying Microsoft.

If you're using a pirated version of Windows then you really shouldn't feel bad at all, there's probably 2 people like me who were forced to pay for licenses that are not in use for every "pirated" version in use.

>>61898296
GNU/Linux is rock solid stable on my desktop and my laptop.
>>
>>61898258
they're literally beta testing this now, working with Ubuntu
>>
File: 1485769517321.jpg (266KB, 388x402px) Image search: [Google]
1485769517321.jpg
266KB, 388x402px
Because it's the best OS and the easiest to use.
>>
>>61896009
The point is that he did the latter while flux does not.
>>
>>61898609
Josuke would have to punch his computer every day if it ran Windows. He'd only need to punch it once a month if it were Arch.
>>
>>61895665
because at this point it's not worth it anymore
people have been saying that win 10 is a spying unsecure mess since it launched, this is just another one of the things people have been warned about
and it's not like talking about it will finally convice the idiots who think it's secure
>>
>>61898296
>Because Linux is still not stable at all as far as desktops environments go.
this
>>
>>61895705
Can confirm
>>
>>61895007
>buy
anyway i have 10 ltsb.
it's like 7, just with telemetry, which i don't bother to block.
>>
>>61895007
games
>>61895031
bough mine for 130€
>>
>>61895007
flux but a blue backgroumd. do you even?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.