[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to change my ISP, getting tired of AT&T lately, too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ATTGlobeATT[1].png (4KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
ATTGlobeATT[1].png
4KB, 634x634px
I want to change my ISP, getting tired of AT&T lately, too much throttling and they change rates without notice. I know it differs from area to area but I'm curious to know what everyone is running.
>>
>>61892900
what kind of fucking retarded question is this? you should have at least said what your options are.

ask people around you, dumb fuck
>>
>>61892917
>ask people around
what the fuck you think im doing, fucking dumbass
>>
how about you tell us what city and state you live in

and if you don't like att, just use whatever cable provider is in your area
>>
>>61892900
Time Warner (Spectrum)
100 a month for TV and 60mbs internet.

Pros :
They don't scan your traffic, I've been torrenting shit for a while now and haven't gotten a single letter

They don't throttle, I've had a constant 60mbs ever since I got the service

Cons :
Expensive

Try out spectrum, they even provided the modem and wireless router free of charge and we get to keep it as long as we pay for our internet.
>>
>>61893038

I have this and these fuckers limit the upload speed to 5mbps for like NO REASON... My friend before moving to business class had residential internet which was around 100mbps and roughly 20mbps upload, and paid maybe about 10 bucks more than my 60mb 5 up
>>
>>61893168
upload speed IS ass, my bad for not mentioning it
>>
http://www.ispprovidersinmyarea.com/
>>
Well the depends entirely on where you live, where I live Comcast isn't the worst thing it the world. I pay $80 for 90 mb/s down and 12 mb/s up. Never get throttled or anything of the sort.
>>
>>61893252

thanks anon
>>
>>61893168
they don't limit shit. DOCSIS in the states isn't full duplex retard.

-Comcast mainline tech
>>
>>61893038
you know you can set your client to force encryption right? it wont make you anonymous but it will keep prying eyes from seeing what you are downloading.
>>
>>61892951
AROUND YOU. NO ONE IS GOING TO BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU A FUCKING VALID OPINION UNLESS THEY LIVE IN THE SAME AREA AS YOU. THE SAME ISP CAN HAVE DIFFERENT REVIEWS FOR DIFFERENT AREA

FUCK OFF KID
>>
File: FiOS price.jpg (116KB, 1005x861px) Image search: [Google]
FiOS price.jpg
116KB, 1005x861px
1gbps FTTH from Verizon
>>
What sort of ping would you get with a 15-20mbps connection? I have like 75mbps comcast right now, but I don't download much of anything except Steam updates and I don't want to keep paying this price.
>>
>>61893967
ping isn't effected by download speed, I was getting 2-5ms with 150mbps and the same 2-5ms now with 1gbps.
>>
Century Link (My ISP is the city, who gets it from them)
$46 per month (covers the service + rental fee/taxes) for the 10/1 plan.
Pros: Don't care what I download, no data caps of any kind.

Cons: Anything higher than 10 meg and they fucking rape you for it cause price is obscene + they don't got the bandwidth to deliver it full time. Highest you can get is 100 meg for round $100. I pay close to $100 as is for my cable TV (also thru the city, "classic package", not everything but not piss poor either) But on a plus side my electric/water/sewer cost is pretty low (Yes, that all comes via the City on a single bill)
>>
File: IMG_4627.png (246KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4627.png
246KB, 750x1334px
Moving off to uni. It's in the country. This seems like my best option. Thoughts?
>>
>>61893939
>found the newfag
>>
>>61894006
Probably one of the better options, Frontier FiOS is pretty shit compared to verizon FiOS, but it's still fiber and if you're in one of their service areas it's not bad service.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.