[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what I'm talking about, /g/. We all know. When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: mousewear.jpg (65KB, 1023x612px) Image search: [Google]
mousewear.jpg
65KB, 1023x612px
You know what I'm talking about, /g/. We all know.
When the plastic goes from having that matte finish to getting glossy polished by a hundred thousand or more toouches of your finger against it. On some mouses, that makes it so much more difficult to get a good grip.
Is there a way to fix this? I have a perfectly good G600 mouse and I want to recoat it to stop the gloss. I tried plastidip (a kind of spray-on rubber coating) but that wore off within a few weeks. Is there another product or technique you guys would reccommend?
>>
>>61888100
I have the same mouse and I have been using it for years, how did you fuck that up so bad? stop touching it after you cum
>>
Do you care about appearance? Get some rough grit sandpaper and work the worn area for a couple seconds.
>>
>>61888100
Matte finishes naturally become glossy over time the more you touch it.
>>
>>61888171
I know that, I'm looking for a way to restore it or make it so the surface is a little more "grippy" again and looks nice.
>>61888127
It's not mine, I have a Logitech g600. I just googled a picture of a worn out mouse. mine is just glossy on the L and R mouse button.
>>
Take the mouse apart and refinish it. Aside from nigger-rigging it with grippy tape or something that is your only really option. I guess you could maybe abrade the glossy parts so they have more friction, but it probably won't feel good on your hand.
>>
>>61888511
Refinish it with what, is that a specific kind of spray-on product I should use? Just like a matte finish and sealer?
>>
>>61888171
Shitty abs matte finish does.

Anyone with pbt keycaps knows how long they stay nice.
>>
it only happens when your hand is oily, clean your cheeto fingers before using your mouse and it will be good as new
i have used mine for 4 years now and its still new and nice
its a razer deathadder btw, excellent build quality
>>
>>61889788
It's literally impossible to keep your hands oil free, and the finish is worn off much more by friction rather than being dissolved by oil.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.