[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is wireless changing actually good for anything? I'm convinced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: powerbyproxi.jpg (52KB, 620x408px)
powerbyproxi.jpg
52KB, 620x408px
Is wireless changing actually good for anything? I'm convinced it's a shitty idea with no reason to exist.
If it were possible to charge a phone without it physically contacting anything that would be amazing, but the current system just doesn't make sense.
With wireless charging, you're sacrificing all mobility of your cellphone while charging for..? Nothing? It's slower and less efficient. It's just gimmicky.
If it's the end of a long day and I want to watch Netflix in bed on my phone, if I'd had a wireless charger, I'd be out of luck because my phone would be plopped down on that dumb pad instead of plugged in and in my hands.
And it's not like you can move alway from needing some sort of cable at some time, you'll eventually have to plug your phone into your PC anyways
I've read that it's supposed to be "standardized" So everyone can use it. That really isn't a perk over wired charging though, since everyone besides applefags have the same inexpensive micro-USB cable.
Seriously, is there actually a point? I'm so lost why anyone would ever want this
>>
>>61880808
I agree with your wider point but not everyone has micro usb anymore

The botched implementation of USB C as the next standard ruined that
>>
File: 1475688132927.png (304KB, 800x592px)
1475688132927.png
304KB, 800x592px
wireless electricity when
>>
>>61880866
Never
>>
File: lightning_safety_300.jpg (913KB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
lightning_safety_300.jpg
913KB, 1728x1152px
>>61880866
>>61880879
It's already here faggots
>>
Can't you make phone cases where basically the entire case is a battery, at whatever thickness you want, and it is constantly charging the phone wirelessly based on contact with the back of the phone?

they probably make cases like this already since it seems obvious
>>
>>61881031
Good idea let's also add a screen that absorbs charge from your body when you use it
>>
>>61880866
what if you walk through the lasers?
>>
>>61881087
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>61881065
How are those at all the same
>>
>>61880866
All I want from the future is coming home after a long day of work, sitting down and asking Alexa to turn on the TV, and seeing my TV getting struck by a deafening bolt of lightning from the corner of my room, bursting my eardrums but permitting me to watch the 53rd season of the Simpsons
>>
>>61880866
>70% efficiency at best
enjoy your 43% higher electricity bill.
>>
>>61881109
you're a big guy
>>
>>61881031
They already do, but it's plugs into the phone instead of wireless charging.
>>
Wireless charging is pretty pointless when phones have 4000mah+ batteries

if you need to charge your phone more than once a day you have the wrong phone
>>
>>61880808
it makes sense when there's somewhere you just toss the thing and leave it for a while - bedside table, coffee table, desk at work, etc.

most useful place for my family would be in the car desu. no fucking around with usb cables, just toss your shit wherever it usually lives and it's charging

there's uses for it other than phones though, bosch have a wireless charger+battery pack system for their cordless power tools which would be super convenient for some users
>>
>>61880808
>Is wireless changing actually good for anything?
Stops low dexterity hominids from destroying USB ports. Other than that its good at charging slower and slowly wasting power.
>>
I like the idea of wireless because I hate plugging my phone in.
>>
>USB port wrecked for whatever reason
>wireless charging lets you continue to use your phone until you get to repairing it
It's like a spare tire in my mind, and now a pretty essential feature.
>>
>>61884629
I thought they would just eliminate the usb and lightening ports.
>>
Logitech found a really good use for it.
>>
>>61881236
4u
>>
>>61886994
guaranteed cancer
>>
>>61886994
I always thought it's weird that no one else has thought of that before.
That's one of the best solutions for wireless charging.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.