[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>main contributions to tech include JavaScript and a locked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1484468946085.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484468946085.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>main contributions to tech include JavaScript and a locked down Chromium fork based around ads
You have 10 seconds to tell me why this man shouldn't be beaten with a rubber hose for his sins.
>>
File: 1483812904000.jpg (186KB, 1000x649px) Image search: [Google]
1483812904000.jpg
186KB, 1000x649px
>>61878583
>You have 10 seconds to tell me why this man shouldn't be beaten with a rubber hose for his sins.
Eich is a true Christian who supports marriage between a male and a female.
And Brave is open source, troll.
https://github.com/Brave

Go back to plebbit before you're beaten for being a faggot. Pic related.
>>
>>61878583
Javascript makes 4chan a lot better. Therefore, I would argue that Javascript isn't a bad technology in and of itself, but a lot of people use it in a shitty way.

As for Brave, their desktop browser is worthless at the moment, but their mobile browser is top-notch. And you can block all ads by default (even if it's powered by ABP, which is shit in comparison to UBO). Allowing ads to be shown also allows the ads to be curated and safe, rather than the literal gamble compared to whatever the website throws up.

All in all, I don't see evil intentions behind the man. If anything, he seems to have hope for the human race that it doesn't deserve.
>>
>>61878612
>b-but his non tech related political views
>>>/pol/

>And Brave is open source
Where did I say otherwise?
>>
>>61878583
He's the cofounder of Mozilla, a.k.a. the browser off which your shitty fork is based off.
>>
>>61878631
>Javascript makes 4chan a lot better
Only thing JS-less 4chan needs to have implemented is a catalog (which other boards have implemented). Needing to refresh manually or scroll to the top to post would be a small sacrifice for how much better the web as a whole would be without JS.
>>
>>61878634
>non-tech related views
It's 2017. Every fucker wants to inject his politics into everything.
>>
>>61878678
But you just admitted that it would be a sacrfice. Meaning that you don't argue that JS made 4chan better. You just don't think that the advantages that are given on this one site is worth the cancer on other sites.

You're essentially saying that blacksmithing never should have happened because it created a sword, never mind the fact that it also created the plow and horseshoes.

Javascript has its advantages and disadvantages, no arguing that. Doesn't mean that it's inherently a bad thing. It's just a tool that can be used for good or evil.
>>
>>61878709
>Meaning that you don't argue that JS made 4chan better.
Actually, I would argue forcing users to refresh manually would fix the problem of retards using threads here in cases where they should be using IRC channels or other platforms made for faster discussion. Not to mention 4chan without JS would get rid of the problem of the malicious ads that Hiroyuki added, which negatively effected the site's finances. 4chan would probably be better off overall without JS.
>>
>>61878805
Once again, you aren't denying the advantages. You keep ignoring them and focusing on the bad. You acting like added features ala the auto update and floating response window is bad is essentially, "Stop liking what I don't like."

Javascript is a tool, and a very useful one at that. Just because people use that tool in bad ways doesn't mean the tool itself is shit. Whether a truck is used to transport a lot of good quickly or is used as a weapon to run down a bunch of innocent people comes down to the user, and the way it's used. Your argument against JavaScript isn't really an argument against the tool itself, but an argument against the way people use it.

Feel free to have the last word, as I feel I've made my point clear.
>>
>>61878893
>Once again, you aren't denying the advantages. You keep ignoring them and focusing on the bad.
Because the advantages are very few, far between, and have a very small impact on ones life, while the negatives are in your face constantly and account for the vast majority of JS usage.

>yet another attempted comparison where the good massively outweighs the bad when JS is the other way around
okay
>>
>>61878612
Christians are race traitors just like you disgusting kike lover get out of my race faggot
>>
>>61878986
Whether you see it as an advantage depends on your individual experience, which does not reflect the experience of everyone. The people using internet hosted email and facebook exclusively would have a huge decrease in the quality of their experience.

That said, even presuming what you said was true, that does not mean that this was the motivating factor of the man you are referencing. If you think he created it with the intention of making the internet worse for everyone, you need to prove that claim. For all you know, he's just a modern day Prometheus.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.