[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Times you fell for /g/ memes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1450245648543.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450245648543.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
Post 'em

>decide to try [gnu+]linux, Ubuntu because /g/ told me it's retardproof
>right off the bat the installer goes to black and I should realize I've been memed
>lots of searching says it doesn't like my graphics card and decided to fail silently
>finally install, but can't boot; so have to fix again from the installer
>it's late now so the screen is killing my eyes and I need flux or redshift
>surprise they don't work
>try to install better graphics card driver to fix it
>can't login anymore
>go down hours-long rabbithole of fixes which each require several fixes of their own, and so on *sniff*
>eventually give up and reinstall windows
>>
>had enough of dweebs laughing at me on /g/
>decide to NOT get a Macbook Pro
>it's a piece of fucking shit
>>
>>61877962
Wow, you are really bad at computers, aren't you?
>>
>>61877962
>i dont know much about linux based distros, but i still give it a go and whine later
>i dont have the will to learn either
>i am unable to accept that some time must be given to learn about every new software you use
Sums you up OP
>>
>installed ubuntu
>the clock phoned home to the nsa
>use the advanced package tool
>get hooked onto a chinese botnet
>>
>>61877962
50 Windows XP has been delivered to your account.
>>
>Firefox is terrible dont use it
>Use brave instead which sells your userdata just because some SJW on the "team" of firefox
>c# is bad
>this headphone is good
>this radio is good
>buy a thinkbook
>dont use windows
>use emacs
>dont use emacs use nano
>buy a mac
>buy alienware
>buy nvidia
>dont buy nvidia buy ati
>viral marketing
>use ubuntu
>shit doesnt work
did i miss any?
>>
>>61877962
>Bought a 650W PSU
>Can't get an RX Vega now

Last time I listen to /g/
>>
>>61879632
it will work on the Vega 56 what a moron lol.

Also the 750W people are talking about is for the OC morons.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170813-183320.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170813-183320.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>61879676
>>
>>61879536
Most posters like c#
>>
>>61879745
if a PSU has two 8 pin PCIe power connectors then it's suitable for use with the GPU - you can't go much over the spec on these connectors
550W should be enough for the whole system, maybe it's 750W just so kids with diablotek-tier PSUs won't fry their PC once they put that card in.
>>
>>61877962
>>right off the bat the installer goes to black
You should have stopped there you fucking idiot. If hardware isn't compatible no shit it isn't gonna run well. Same for windows you fucking retard.
t. Windows 7 user.
>>
>>61877962
You have an nVidia card, right? they are cocksuckers and their driver support is fucking shit for linux, but AMD has a really good open source driver for linux that outperforms their proprietary driver.
nVidia won't even bother making their own driver open source or funding nouveau
>>
>>61877962
>bought x220
>installed Gentoo
>installed libreboot
>riced the shit out of i3
>got a mechanical keyboard for it
No regrets.
>>
>>61877962
Never. I know better than to just go along with what the /g/ groupthink tells me.
>>
>>61880233
unironically kys
>>
>>61880364
/thread
>>
Vega48 never?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.