[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think about this: If the mods did their job, this place wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1502210977633.jpg (774KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502210977633.jpg
774KB, 1080x1080px
Think about this: If the mods did their job, this place wouldn't be such an irremediable shit hole.

What does Hiroyuki Nishimura win for letting this place rot to the ground? Isn't all political discussion supposed to never leave /pol/, yet it seems inevitable to DISCUSS TECHNOLOGY without resorting to talk anything remotely related to politics, be it degrading an individuals value based on their race and sex (themes that have nothing to do with technology and don't enhance discussion)?

Why does the other extreme has to be "It's shit and it will always be shit, nothing I can do about it."?

The current circulation of threads seems to be a running gag that was never funny and the people didn't get the memo.

What do I propose as a solution? Tighten the rule and put capable people as moderators, ban a certain range of topics from discussion and eliminate fire starters. Note, I'm not saying everyone should be nice with each other and we should hug and circle-jerk as if it were Reddit, but a zero tolerance rule about select topics is seriously needed (for example, let retards discuss which programming language is 'the best' as much as they like, but ban all discussion that have political/religious/moral standings).

We're all free, but nobody want to be responsible about it.

Don't bother telling me. I know this is useless.
>>
>>61876338
Why I do agree with you on moderation is a fucking joke here. I also believe it's only half the problem. The other half is how politics in general has seeped into the tech sector. Everything that tech companies do seems to have a political agenda behind it and then are afraid to be vocal about it, and if all tech companies want to do is talk politics it's kind of hard for other people not too as well.
>>
File: 1458389713188.jpg (102KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1458389713188.jpg
102KB, 499x499px
4chan is a /pol/ website.
Lurk more newfag.
>>
>>61876401
I do believe your statement is true, but my solution should take care of it. After all there's still people on this board that would prefer politics out of their technology discussion.

Now, the problem (for whoever benefits from having a large pool of people on a single website exchanging tons of information, be it true or false) with my solution is that [if it somehow works] a lot of people are going to leave 4chan. Which you could argue it's going to kill the damned thing, but I hope it would just reform it.

We really don't know, it could go either way. But I do prefer that over the status quo.
>>
I don't like all the political shit here, but the majority of it is undeniably on topic. I just wish people kept politics out of tech.
>>
>>61876338
>Think about this: If the mods did their job, this place wouldn't be such an irremediable shit hole.
The ease with which one can ban-evade combined with the reluctance to further lower revenue from ads by range banning mobile networks renders the mods impotent.
>>
Political shit has been rampant in the tech industry the last few years and because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't worth discussing. Maybe if the industry didn't try to politicize everything, people wouldn't talk about it so much.

>lets get a team of moderators to make this place as dull and dry and unreflective of the actual landscape as possible
Please go back to FEDit or normiebook or chinese social media or anywhere else that would be more acceptable to you.
>>
>>61876338
/pol/ turds can't stop soapboxing
just like the same liberals they hate who soapbox

people just can't shut the fuck up about their stupid ideologies
>>
>>61879069
This. When Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, Google, Twitter, or Facebook sticks their large Jewish noses into politics, it impacts the tech world. Don't like that? Switch to GNU/Linux and non corporate chat platforms.
>>
>>61876338
pol was ruined with the new flags
>>
this thread woke the mods, shit is actually being cleaned up for once
>>
R A C E W A R N O W
A
C
E

W
A
R

N
O
W

Race is technology
>>
>>61876338
They don't do their jobs because they're sucking each others iDicks while listening to I Direction
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.