[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing Utensil Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: 1476663129341.jpg (1MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1476663129341.jpg
1MB, 3872x2592px
Pen/Mechanical Fans Unite!

Writing technology thread because written technology has come a long way and is still used extensively for personal use despite digitalization

Post your collections, favorite pens mechanicals, etc. and discuss what you like about them

Topic of the day (help is appreciated):
Is gel ink technology inferior? (or am I using it wrong?)

Every gel ink pen I have used from Pilot tend to clog up after about halfway through the ink capacity. The inkflow decreases and does not come back. There are some suggestions about heating up the tip of the point or actually removing it but this doesn't really restore inkflow to the original out of box flow. These pens were obviously not being engineered with this level of maintenance in mind

Does anyone have advice? I really like the hitec-c and V5 Pilots but this constant problem leaves me considering ballpoint tech which just werks
>>
Mitsubishi 460 / boxy 100 refill is amazing and you should try if given a chance.

Probably the cheapest best pen imo.

Fisher space pen refil is meme garbage.
>>
File: 1480617064272.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
1480617064272.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>61874047
This looks good. I like the retractable mechanism and the thin barrel
Thanks for the suggestion
Gel is more expensive and the uneven inkflow really itches my autism since I like using my pens until they run out of ink
>>
>>61874017
what brand is the blue and black ones below the spacebar?
>>
>>61874017
>Is gel ink technology inferior? (or am I using it wrong?)

Uni-ball Signo, Thank me later, I've ditched my fountain pens for Signos + Pentel Graphgear 1000 0.5mm
>>
I honestly wish I could buy a nice mechanical pencil, but I literally lose anything that's smaller than my phone.
Any recommendations on a cheap pencil I can buy in bulk?

Besides that, I don't enjoy gel ink due to it being more expensive, uneven inkflow pretty much like what >>61874260 said. That's all without mentioning how it bleeds through all my notes.
I write like an autismo and have my utensil between only my thump and index finger. It requires me to death grip it and add an unneeded pressure to the paper. I run through pencil lead faster than any other person.
Really, in my opinion, you can't beat pencil. Ink is just shit compared to lead.
>>
File: 1445203467405.jpg (153KB, 1312x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1445203467405.jpg
153KB, 1312x1500px
>>61874573
>Uni-ball Signo
yeah. Interested to see if the signo version of the hi-tec c has the same inkflow problems

Wonder if it's only pilot that has the problem or if the problem is only limited to needle tips with a much narrower tubing
>>
>>61874625
>bleeds through all my notes
Stop using shit quality paper and switch to a fountain pen to learn how to write without using excessive pressure
>>
>>61874641
https://www.jetpens.com/blog/uni-ball-signo-a-comprehensive-guide/pt/639

If it helps. I haven't tried the fine/needle tips as I prefer a thicker line so I use the 0.7mm version. By all accounts the Signos are pretty free flowing
>>
File: 1470.jpg (24KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470.jpg
24KB, 600x400px
>>61874690
I like the 0.7 for work because needle tips will get complaints in the rare event something written needs to be read by someone else but me

However, I like the needle tips for personal notes in smaller notebooks etc. It's also interesting that I tend to write neater with finer point pens/mechs

I was just looking at the website you linked
>>
File: 1392429752837.jpg (188KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1392429752837.jpg
188KB, 1000x1000px
>>61874625
>It requires me to death grip it and add an unneeded pressure to the paper.
this is me. Using better quality paper helped minimize the problem

As to cheap mechanicals recommendations try pic related
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.