[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys ever check out sites of supposed "billion doll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: twelve megabytes of QUALITY.png (2MB, 1440x830px) Image search: [Google]
twelve megabytes of QUALITY.png
2MB, 1440x830px
You guys ever check out sites of supposed "billion dollar" companies?
I just went to http://www.lionsgate.com and the entire page is 36mb.
thirty six megabytes.
How the fuck is this possible, you might ask?
Well, it starts off with a 12mb 1440x830 jpeg.
how do you even fuck up that badly
Why are "normal websites" so bad at data optimization? Is it just because we're in an age where that literally does not matter anymore?

pic related, the file that was 12mb as a jpeg on the site, simply converted to png with no quality lost.
they somehow managed to make THIS FUCKER RIGHT HERE 12mb.
>>
>>61864643
speedlets on suicide watch
>>
>>61864643
I have absolutely no idea how they even manage it. if I had to guess, they need to be signed off on by so many different people that it's literally not the site it started as. Three different revisions bolted on top of the original or something insane like that.
>>
>>61864643
And what brought you to look at Lionsgate, of all websites?
>>
File: 1489567001805.jpg (465KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489567001805.jpg
465KB, 1920x1080px
>>61864643
>Is it just because we're in an age where that literally does not matter anymore?
Yes. It's what always happens when resources become nearly costless.
>>
>>61865663
i was really drunk and high watching American Psycho and i can't exactly fill in the blanks
>>
>>61864643
>guise a media and entertainment company website uses more data than salesforce.com, anyone else born in le wrong decade DAE?
let me guess you think "normie" is an insult
>>
File: 1501455592336.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501455592336.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
>>61864643
>have ublock origin
>the entire website is blocked off
>>
how the hell did they manage to make this a 7.2MiB jpeg?
like, how is that even possible?
>>
>>61866302
Maybe there's a bunch of CP hidden inside
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.