[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i curently have comoodo avast and avg install. are there any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: antivirus-for-computers.png (24KB, 1441x1440px) Image search: [Google]
antivirus-for-computers.png
24KB, 1441x1440px
i curently have comoodo avast and avg install. are there any other good ones(free)? how many anti virus should i have before i can feel safe against viruses?
>>
You should kys, that way you're the safest
>>
Common Sense

/thread
>>
Common Sense AV 2017
>>
File: 1502448022173.jpg (34KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1502448022173.jpg
34KB, 500x378px
>>61850227
>>61850240
>>61850313
This
sage
>>
>>61850209
Brain.exe
>>
>>61850209
>are there any other good ones(free)?
There are ZERO good """""anti-virus"""""" programs.

>how many anti virus should i have before i can feel safe against viruses?
ZERO, if you install ONE anti-virus Program you have already installed your first virus.
>>
>>61852604
who are you quoting?
>>
>>61850209

NIS
>>
i just use malwarebytes and windows defender and a good adblocker
>>
File: 1369515052181.png (73KB, 689x716px) Image search: [Google]
1369515052181.png
73KB, 689x716px
>dad is insistent that he needs anti-virus for his computer
>no dad, you don't need it, just use your brain
>No, you don't understand I HAVE to have antivirus to protect my computer! Why can't you just give me a recommendation?
>Okay, go to google and type in malwarebytes and download that
>He downloads from cnet instead of malwarebytes.com
>Clicks yes to all the toolbars/malware
>Why do I have these toolbars???
>*internally screaming*
>You went to malwarebytes.com right, not some other website
>I don't know, I just clicked on the first result
>Christ, you downloaded from the wrong website, this is the one you should've downloaded from instead
>Oh okay, thanks!
>He uninstalls malwarebytes, and then BUYS malwarebytes from the website instead of downloading the free version
>Later conversation: "So I bought that antivirus you recommended"
>You wot m8
>I bought that malware thing
>Malwarebytes? I only recommended that to you because it was free...
>Oh. Dangit I knew I should've called you up again before buying it.
>>
>>61852604
fuck off
>>
>>61854355

he wants protection, and if hes that computer illiterate, he needs real time protection (which isn't free)
>>
antivirus has literally been unnecessary for 10 years now
>>
File: 1ep4w7.png (26KB, 241x274px) Image search: [Google]
1ep4w7.png
26KB, 241x274px
>>61850227
>>61850240
>>61850313
>>61852221
>>61852358
>>61852358
>le common sense maymay haha i'm so smart and superior than the plebs

listen, nigger, to think that you're smarter than every malware maker or exploiter you're pure delusional
To think that the only tool you need to spot viruses is your msconfig startup tab or your task manager, you're stupid.
there are hundreds of malware that exploits the OS (like conficker, Kido, Wannacry, etc)
Even a PDF can give you viruses

I used to have the same mentality as you until i found a secrar malware despite that steam is my only download source.
>>
>>61850209
linux is free
>>
>>61854551
>thinks that antivirus progs actually detect more than 20% of all viruses
>thinks anti viruses can actualy remove trojans/viruses
KEK neo/g/ everyone, you can take an old ass trojan script and make it undetectable to any anti viruses in under 5min....
>>
>>61854551
>using wincuck
there is your problem normi
>>
>>61854730
you can take an old ass trojan script and make it undetectable to any anti viruses in under 5min....
>>
>>61854730
>you can take an old ass trojan script and make it undetectable to any anti viruses in under 5min....
care to explain how?
i never said i'm positively secure now, i'm 100% sure that there's something spying on me right now.

my last solution is to get a new hard drive and switch to linux, maybe tails OS
>>
File: shrug.jpg (13KB, 276x440px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
13KB, 276x440px
memes aside I like using the free bitdefender thing for some peace of mind. It's super lightweight.
>>
>>61850240
This, just use brain, it doesnt use CPU
>>
ugh normies
>>
>>61854551
windows has been secure in and of itself for 10 years kiddo

it's not about being smarter or using tools
it's that infection has been objectively impossible for that whole time
the only way to get a virus in 2017 is to install it yourself
>>
>>61856773
Explain how i got my secrar then

i've had this new PC for 3 months, clean windows install and everything, i literally never ever downloaded anything that isn't from steam.
>>
>>61856824
you probably used firefox which circumvents windows security
or some game or app you bought ran as admin and the vulnerability came in that way
or you ran steam as admin which allowed a loophole in its service to grant root access

or you committed the ultimate stupidity and disabled uac in which case get fucked

all of which could have been prevented with common sense
>>
File: notbrucewillis.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
notbrucewillis.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>>61854355
you seem like screechy autismo underage b&

my suggestion would be to stop acting like a cunt, apologize to your dad for not listening or even helping, then to kill kys yourself
>>
File: 88b.png (427KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
88b.png
427KB, 600x563px
>>61856879
>you probably used firefox which circumvents windows security
>or some game or app you bought ran as admin and the vulnerability came in that way
>or you ran steam as admin which allowed a loophole in its service to grant root access

>don't use your computer at all if you don't want to get malware, this is common sense: the post
holy fuck you're denser than gold
>>
>>61856928
it's very simple
use a sandboxed browser
don't run shit as admin unless you are installing something you trust
very very simple
>>
>>61856965
nah
fuck that
fuck all of it
i'm gonna get linux
>>
>>61857013
>implying linux is any different
do you go sudo-ing random programs you found on linux? idiot.
>>
>>61857037
of course i'm not gonna go around installing random shit, i didn't even need to do that to get the secrar in my winshit

but linux has far less malware and exploits which would prevent the stealthier shit (like you listed) from sneaking in, especially security oriented ones like tails OS
>>
>>61854551 LAFF @ This millenial goy.

>listen, nigger, to think that you're smarter than every malware maker or exploiter you're pure delusional

Whatever, goy. You should JEWgle to the term 0-day. Your JEW-antimalware keeps out known shit. Not the new ones.

>To think that the only tool you need to spot viruses is your msconfig startup tab or your task manager, you're stupid.

Harden it. Spot every single connection that's unneeded. Spot every read and write in system and document folders.

>there are hundreds of malware that exploits the OS (like conficker, Kido, Wannacry, etc)

NetBIOS and SMB are worth every malware they get.

>Even a PDF can give you viruses

Yes, if you're dumb enough to open into your botnet browser. downlpad it and open witha 3rd party tool that's blocked in your fucking firewall.

>I used to have the same mentality as you until i found a secrar malware despite that steam is my only download source.

STEAMFAG GO. You opened a pajjet trainer while online. You deserved it,
Goy.

Signed,
Common Sense Beta Tester
>>
>>61854355
At least he has a good AV now

Agree with >>61854485 and also since infections can occurr even just visiting a website via drive by download even a power user can benefit from an AV

What do you guys think about bitdefender? Is it good for a weak PC?
>>
>>61857120
This is BS as monitoring everything is impossible, anyway do you think it's better to use Firefox's integrated PDF (not acrobat) plugin or to dl them?
>>
>>61854127
this, but most of the time I just use Linux anyway
>>
>>61857097
>that shit
>stealthy
nigga u retarded
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.